windass and confidence

AirdrieBear

Firstly, I like josh and on his game he is a massive asset which he has been in recent months. one thing i have noticed is when he glides forward with the ball, he gets to a certain distance from goal and seems to rush getting rid of it. the guy has the guile to skip by defenders and i find it a bit frustrating, it happened twice last night.

has anyone noticed this and if so, do you think it's a lack of confidence or down to decision making?

I think it is a decision making thing. I have stated before that he lacks a brain, but when he does things naturally he can be a really good player.. Far, far better through the middle than coming off the wing anyway. Could make us a few bob in the future.

Yep he is better in this position but his decision making is poor. He did really well for the pen but I would have subbed him for Jason instead of Morelos.

He did a hell of a lot right last night. He came short to get the ball, he closed down well, he hit some excellent passes. He messed up a few times when he could have ran at the defence, and when he stood waiting on the ball to arrive. But in general he played very well last night.

He is starting to realise that he has to work off the ball as well, his work rate was excellent last night. I am quite happy with his overall contribution to the team now.

Back