Windass has got to score.

Listen to Murty's post match - he see's a player in him and suggests we need to play to his strengths.

Listen to Murty's post match - he see's a player in him and suggests we need to play to his strengths.
As I say, his strengths are,he has got to score,cos if he doesn't he contributes nothing else.
Take last Sunday we were all screaming for him to be taken off,but he scores.
Today if you are paying attention he was shit,and a goal saves him again.
That's why I say,he has to score.

As i say - i'd play to his strengths.

He's another player that will leave us and do incredibly well elsewhere.

Last edited:
Doesn’t do anything more than Pena for me and hope he’s replaced, infact Pena’s got more goals in about 5 games than Windass has his whole time here.

He doesn’t have the quality or attitude to play for us imo, if Pena isn’t good enough neither is Josh.

He's another play that will leave us and do incredibly well elsewhere.
I would hope our next manager would expect a lot more from him

He's another player that will leave us and do incredibly well elsewhere.

I can honestly say,there is not a chance of that happening,unless he signs for Acrington Stanley or the likes.

I'm not his biggest fan by any stretch of the imagination but that's now 3 different managers that appear to rate him. I really do think he needs to show much more during 90mins but I do think it will come with him.

Reactions: SE5
I'm not his biggest fan but he put in a shift today and took his goal well.

Today's performance is a strange one to criticise him on.

Jellybeans mentioned on twitter tonight that Dorrans told him that Josh is the most talented player at the club.

He's not a left winger, I would prefer to see him played in the number 10 position. He's a young lad and needs to find consistency and some confidence. I think there's a player in there and we need to give him time to develop before writing him off.

With the positions he gets into he should be scoring 15-20 goals a season - if he does that he’s worth his place in team

Really needs to work on his finnishing as it lets him down - he’s been ok this season not great and not bad imo

I'm one of windass biggest critics and if it was up to me he wouldn't have played for us at all after some of his cowardly performances last year.
However I thought he played very well today, he got stuck in and covered a lot of grass and took his goal well.

Im happy as a lark the last two weekends,Murty got the wins the team in general played pretty well.
But I still feel we are playing a man short.Windass is an waste of time,and must score to verify his
selection. Thoughts guys.
I take it that your aware that he’s out of position.
Or is this just another Josh Windass bashing thread?

He's scored in our last 2 games.. I think with a bit of confidence / SUPPORT. He'll come good

Do you feel the same way about Pena?

Windass has had 2 years at the club and I've yet to see him having a good 90 minutes. He's a bit of a shitebag and hides if he's not playing well (worse than McKay did). Not to mention his shooting is atrocious.

I'd like to see what he has to offer in the position Pena was playing. Give him a few games in there Because he ain't a left winger.

I’m in the minority that thinks he’s a decent player. He has the attributes and is only 23. It’s a pity the crowd get on his back after every misplaced pass.

Murty stated post match that Windass is very clinical in training and it's reported that Dorrans has said he's the most talented player at the club.

Waburton, Pedro and Murty all seem to rate him and continually play him. I do hope he comes good and can start to contribute consistently but time is running out. It would help if we didn't play him out of position constantly.

I've vehemently defended Windass on here and will continue to do so. Yes he's been hot and cold, many of our players have been to be fair and they certainly don't receive the 'abuse' windass has.
He's still a young lad and he's still learning his trade,I believe that there is a really good player in there and just needs a bit more confidence in himself.

he's in form just now scoring 2 in 2 and getting into positions that well others should have.

I still have faith in the lad, so let's get behind him rather than him being the whipping boy.

I too would give him the number 10 position like other posters have suggested.

Last edited:
Probably one of his best games he's played at Ibrox and he scored but he's still being called a waste of a jersey? I'm one of his biggest critics but that's over the top based on his performance yesterday.

I’m in the minority that thinks he’s a decent player. He has the attributes and is only 23. It’s a pity the crowd get on his back after every misplaced pass.

He’s quick, athletic and can finish (in training anyway according to Murty)! I agree with a previous poster we might regret letting him leave as he does have potential especially for whatever measly fee we’d get currently. Not exactly going to be on a big wage and truthfully we don’t have a better alternative so let’s support him and hope that the new gaffer can get him to kick on

Yes he's still young but he just doesn't me give the I WANT TO WIN AND WILL DO WHAT IT TAKES feeling I hope he becomes a legend with us .

The guys on a good run with two goals in two matches. Don't see what you get out of ripping into him now.

He will never have the mentality to play for us, Must be like Ronaldo in training for all the managers to keep playing him as he never shows much on the pitch.

I would get rid of him in January with a decent sell on clause, As he will no doubt go on to be decent in the Championship bottom end of the premiership in a team with less expectations.

theres no barry mackay anymore, so they need someone to moan at, if windass leaves then someone else would get it. honestly, you would think every other player in the team was having a perfect game when you read some of the crap from the experts who clearly know more than three managers.

How good does a players numbers have to be to forgive failings?

If Windass racks up 10/12 goals and 8/10 assists in the league that would be pretty good?
It would. If you think he will get to that. You have to put it in context though. If the goals tally should have been double that based on great chances missed it wouldn’t be enough. Especially if the missed chances lead to cup exits or stupid points dropped too often.

We actually got worse once he went off.

I said yesterday so far he can't be counted on to win a game but he does do well when we are already 2+ up. This season shows that 3 goals came vs Dundee, Hearts and Thistle

It would. If you think he will get to that. You have to put it in context though. If the goals tally should have been double that based on great chances missed it wouldn’t be enough. Especially if the missed chances lead to cup exits or stupid points dropped too often.

You could say any player could have more goals to be fair

Morelos now has a bit of a habit of missing good chances

He's just scored 2 in 2, the man currently picking the team backs him, he's playing with confidence and we've just won 2 on the bounce.

How about we stop moaning and start backing the guy?

He reminds me of Lovenkrands, and he should have played as a 9 or 10, not a winger, as well.

Do you guys even watch our matches?

You probably don't notice how he plays if you're watching the game on TV, but at the match you can clearly see he drags defenders all over the place, makes room for others to run through on goal, and always, always gets himself into goal scoring positions. And now he's beginning to score goals too....

Miller scores two goals and he's a maestro, Windass scores in consecutive games and he's labelled no where good enough :confused:

There's always one 'target' for the Ibrox support. Usually one of the youngest guys. It's boring and predictable, but won't go away any time soon.

JW is a right footed no10 playing wide left. He's doing ok, and has improved the defensive side of his game, which we all demanded he did. He's less involved with DJ behind as he was with Wallace; they need to work on their understanding but that will come.

JW has three goals and three assists in the league - and is getting slated? He laid one on a plate for Miller to blast over yesterday.

Reminds me of the horrendous, needlessly personal abuse McKay used to get. BM is now top of the assist table in the Championship and if we wanted to buy him back would cost us £10m+.

There's a lesson there somewhere.

He should be in the Kenny Miller role and would be more effective than him at it.

I honestly think there's a spark required and this boy would go like a rocket. New position, new manager ? Who knows but he could be a player but st the same time look like the laziest player going

As I say, his strengths are,he has got to score,cos if he doesn't he contributes nothing else.
Take last Sunday we were all screaming for him to be taken off,but he scores.
Today if you are paying attention he was shit,and a goal saves him again.
That's why I say,he has to score.

Yeah nothing else, was that windass I saw tracking back and blocking a cross in the 2nd half or what?

He’s not the sort of player who’s going to stand out or produce a moment of magic in the big games.

Can you rely on Windass to produce in a match against the bheggars, Pittodrie or Easter Road when the game has become a scrap?

I think we all know the answer to that one. Eventually he will be back up or moved on.

He will never have the mentality to play for us, Must be like Ronaldo in training for all the managers to keep playing him as he never shows much on the pitch.

I would get rid of him in January with a decent sell on clause, As he will no doubt go on to be decent in the Championship bottom end of the premiership in a team with less expectations.

Premiership you say?

If you mean english epl then youve been watching a different john windass than i have over the past couple of years my friend.

Irish premiership mibby.

Back