Windass has got to score.

Premiership you say?

If you mean english epl then youve been watching a different john windass than i have over the past couple of years my friend.

Irish premiership mibby.

I've a feeling in a team with less pressure on him he will do well as he has the tools just not the Mental toughness ,

Im happy as a lark the last two weekends,Murty got the wins the team in general played pretty well.
But I still feel we are playing a man short.Windass is an waste of time,and must score to verify his
selection. Thoughts guys.

He has scored in his last two games so he has done what you want him to.

Whether you rate him or not doesn’t really matter as you’re not picking the team.

2 goals in 2 games. Give him a break. Hopefully he's going to be one of these players who grows in confidence when the new manager comes in.

Almost every time I talk to another Rangers fan about Windass, the phrase "shop window" keeps arising.

He's had a couple of years to learn what he has to do at our club, in Scottish football.

If he is genuinely the best talent at the club, he does need to translate that into better and more lethal play on the pitch.
imo, he'll be sold for any good offer that comes in.

He is (like so many before him) a much better player than many of our support give him credit for.
He is in good company, I remember the shit Arteta used to get, and De Boer,

Not havingenough impact on games. Needs to play no 10 and see how he fares. Need a left winger in January.

Agree with the fact that managers seem to see something in him and seen an interview with dorrans earlier in season saying he was impressed with josh windass since he came to the club his ability surprised him. We just don't see it enough and when he does play well it is only ever for 45mins. Frustrating player who with better competition would probably be on the bench. Credit where due though with 2 goals in 2 good goals aswell. As murty said he would have missed that chance yday 3-4 weeks ago.

Being Messi in training doesn't mean it'll translate onto the pitch infront of 50,000 people.

I am a critic of Windass, but delighted for him to have chipped in with a couple of goals lately.

He hides in games. He was absolutely excellent in the first half v Motherwell first day of the season and has never come close to that level since.
Failure to address the 10,11 positions and not to buy another CF will bite us if not addressed in January

Right now I find his performances incredibly frustrating
His contribution (or lack of it) frequently causes our attacking play to break down -
If as many seem to think there is a player in there - then someone needs to work on it - but we can't afford any sort of passenger in our side these days - so either he needs time to improve on the sidelines for a spell - or out on loan - but we need better in that position as 1st choice on the park right now IMHO

Do you feel the same way about Pena?

Windass has had 2 years at the club and I've yet to see him having a good 90 minutes. He's a bit of a shitebag and hides if he's not playing well (worse than McKay did). Not to mention his shooting is atrocious.
He never attempts to win a 50-50 ball,isn't that the main reason we chased a far more talented winger
ot of town.?

Right now I find his performances incredibly frustrating
His contribution (or lack of it) frequently causes our attacking play to break down -
If as many seem to think there is a player in there - then someone needs to work on it - but we can't afford any sort of passenger in our side these days - so either he needs time to improve on the sidelines for a spell - or out on loan - but we need better in that position as 1st choice on the park right now IMHO

Can I ask, where do you normally watch the game?
I really can't say windass regularly causes our attacking play to break down, he has his faults, that's not one of them

As I say, his strengths are,he has got to score,cos if he doesn't he contributes nothing else.
Take last Sunday we were all screaming for him to be taken off,but he scores.
Today if you are paying attention he was shit,and a goal saves him again.
That's why I say,he has to score.
And he very rarely does.

2 in 2 is welcome but I fear it is chance.

I had hopes for him after watching the first game at the pig pen last season on the tele. Once you see him in the flesh though you realise he's a pretty stupid player. He doesn't make chances and he also doesn't often take chances. He's explosive and looks like he should be a good player but he's not - certainly not at the moment. I would still get rid.

There's always one 'target' for the Ibrox support. Usually one of the youngest guys. It's boring and predictable, but won't go away any time soon.

JW is a right footed no10 playing wide left. He's doing ok, and has improved the defensive side of his game, which we all demanded he did. He's less involved with DJ behind as he was with Wallace; they need to work on their understanding but that will come.

JW has three goals and three assists in the league - and is getting slated? He laid one on a plate for Miller to blast over yesterday.

Reminds me of the horrendous, needlessly personal abuse McKay used to get. BM is now top of the assist table in the Championship and if we wanted to buy him back would cost us £10m+.

There's a lesson there somewhere.

BM was a wonderful player who had the best first touch and best final ball at the club. He needed to score more (as one of a front three) but this year suggests that would have come. Only dafties that knew nothing about football didn't rate him.

Personally, while he's been marginally better of late, I think the criticism of JW is well-aimed.

A couple of goals in the couple of games is a start but he needs to be far more consistent. If he can do it over a longer term, fair enough but he has to step in up in the bigger games.

You could say any player could have more goals to be fair

Morelos now has a bit of a habit of missing good chances

Think you're way off with the comment about Morelos. I'm seeing Morelos hitting the target from shots and angles that pretty much any player in our team the last few years wouldn't even think of trying. Bit dry recently but I don't recall many clear cut opportunities for him, but he's been very important in our team play in the final third in other ways.

Last edited:
Scoring in his last two games tells me that he is actually in the 11 that's on the park otherwise we I still prefer men know.

More application required to keep up his scoring run and contribution.

Premiership you say?

If you mean english epl then youve been watching a different john windass than i have over the past couple of years my friend.

Irish premiership mibby.

Must be watching the wrang team, I'm watching Josh.

Must be watching the wrang team, I'm watching Josh.

Aye typo on my part, fat fingers on small I-phone.

Was at the game as usual on saturday as I have been at every game bar 3 this season.

My point remains.

Back