Wine Clubs

Diego Forlan

Official Ticketer
Are they a rip off? Or quite a good way of getting a supply of wine?

Got a naked wines 60quid off 12 bottles of red code from amazon and was wondering if it's worthwhile?

Works out about 53 delivered for 12 bottles

A lot of these wine clubs use the same sources to get their wines. Been in a few over the years - Sunday Times, Laithwaites, Virgin. The wines are generally very good and much better than the £4 or £5 botles from your local supermarket.

The deal you mentioned sounds good value. The secret of getting really good value is to take advantage of their introductory offers and then immediately cancelling the membership. And then move on to the next introductory offer.

Been sucked in a few times and ended up with memberships and cases of wine every 3 months at full price. Not necessarily a bad thing but if keeping costs down is a priority stick to the introductory offers.

I find that you are better off looking out for mixed case deals from the likes of Waitrose,Sainsbury and Marks. Keep an eye out for 25% off deals.

I've been ordering wine from Portugal Vineyards. Waiting on my 5th order being delivered.
Normally order 12 bottles at a time, costs around £45 for 12 bottles including delivery by DHL.
Wine starts from under £2 a bottle and it's good.
Takes around two weeks from ordering to getting it delivered.
Haven't had a bad bottle yet.

Wife got the naked wines delivered for years but only recently stopped in favor of the gin club.
Always a great selection of wines and they are better than the mass produced stuff you generally get in the supermarket. Works out well when they phone you up to place future orders you can usually bag a couple extra free bottles. I'd go for it sounds a good deal.

We are in Naked Wines- think the value is decent and the wine has been consistently very good.

As a slight aside- does anyone else use the Vivinio App? It's amazing- you take a pic of the label of any bottle of wine, it recognises it from the pic, and then brings up ratings based on the reviews of all users (think IMDB for wine) ,and the ratings are usually spot on. Never bought a crap bottle in the supermarket since I've been using it.

I've been ordering wine from Portugal Vineyards. Waiting on my 5th order being delivered.
Normally order 12 bottles at a time, costs around £45 for 12 bottles including delivery by DHL.
Wine starts from under £2 a bottle and it's good.
Takes around two weeks from ordering to getting it delivered.
Haven't had a bad bottle yet.

A fine Portugese wine......

load of tom kite that won't shift in the supermarkets - there are far better deals in Sains/Morrisons and the like to blow them out of the water.

I'm not much of a wine drinker but I do get my caviar shipped in from the Caspian Sea on a weekly basis.

Been with Laithwaites 'Four Seasons' for about ten years, maybe more. One case of red every three months.

In that time, I have only had 4 bottles that I didn't like. Nothing wrong with the wine, it just wasn't for me. Phone them up and two replacement bottles of my choice sent out, you don't return the unopened bottle, it's yours to give away or bin.

In between I usually order a case or two, for which you receive massive discounts on.

Can't fault them and highly recommend them. Their customer service is second to none.

We are in Naked Wines- think the value is decent and the wine has been consistently very good.

As a slight aside- does anyone else use the Vivinio App? It's amazing- you take a pic of the label of any bottle of wine, it recognises it from the pic, and then brings up ratings based on the reviews of all users (think IMDB for wine) ,and the ratings are usually spot on. Never bought a crap bottle in the supermarket since I've been using it.

I had never heard of that app. Gonna have a look. Is it for apple or android? I am an android user.

I have been a member of the Wine Society for 20+ years and we consume around 25 bottles per month of good quality wines at average £8-9 including delivery. I haven't had any plonk (maybe a couple of bottles).

You can also have a totally mixed order. Prices start from circa £5.50 and up.

I just joined M&S , 2 levels of wine available , joined simply because I had not had a bad bottle of wine from them from their shops ! They send tasting notes etc with the cases , I did note a few errors ! Which I pointed out to them !! You get a case every 3 months based on your selection choice (mixed all read or all white) you can skip as many cases as you want and you can change your case choice online for each 3 month case !! Will see what it's like before I decide to stick with it or not ! I did look at Naked wines but the best value appears to be through their "Angel" membership and they were full when I was looking ! Check out all options and there are a few decent reviews on various clubs available !

We have been with naked wines for years 20 quid a month direct debit .
No obligation to order.

We use it to load up at xmass when you get good deals and extra bottles.

We dont drink it we use it as gifts to freindx family etc always getting asked about where we got it from people who do like wine as it seems yo be decent quality .

It's in the Android App store, just installed it. Vivino Wine Scanner.

Anything above 3.8 is worth picking up, above 4 will be a cracker, and anything higher you should buy a few bottles while it is available.

Been using Vivino for a few years now and it's excellent. The only downside is when you use it in a restaurant to find out the real price of the wine you're being charged a fortune for. Then it's a bit depressing. ☹️

Been using Vivino for a few years now and it's excellent. The only downside is when you use it in a restaurant to find out the real price of the wine you're being charged a fortune for. Then it's a bit depressing. ☹️

I wouldn't dream of using that in a restaurant. Bad enough knowing the mark up is x4 or x5 the price :(

Just downloaded this, thanks. I May be going shopping this evening now :)

I took advantage of the Virgin Wines introductory offer on O2 Priority Moments recently and got 6 bottles for £25 inc free delivery. Was impressed with all 6 bottles. I've not ordered any since but they are now taking £25 per month and it goes into a wine bank which they add £5 per month. I will just keep saving it until Xmas and get stock up then.

Ref the Vivino app it is defo worth having, agree that anything 3.8 up the way is really nice.

I have been a member of the Wine Society for 20+ years and we consume around 25 bottles per month of good quality wines at average £8-9 including delivery. I haven't had any plonk (maybe a couple of bottles).

You can also have a totally mixed order. Prices start from circa £5.50 and up.
With the added bonus of free delivery if ordering 6 bottles or more

Been a member of naked wines for a few years now and have never had a bad bottle.

Usually get a monthly free bottle if you place an order too

I've been using the app for over a year now with similar results to you! Highly recommended.....

We've used a few over the years, but Naked Wines is by far the best.

Never had a bad bottle and if you join their Angels scheme, you get a discount. (You pay a bit a month, which goes into your account, and they use it to find small wine growers. You still keep the money.)

Having said that my Tesco is doing 25% off six bottles therefore I will be taking advantage of that.

I tried a few over the years, sometimes you get sent stuff thats not to your taste, now I just watch for the Waitrose/Marks/Salisbury/Majestic offers and buy bulk what I like, had some cracking deals on bottles normally around £10 each with 25% off plus an extra 5% if you buy 6...

Been with Laithwaites 'Four Seasons' for about ten years, maybe more. One case of red every three months.

In that time, I have only had 4 bottles that I didn't like. Nothing wrong with the wine, it just wasn't for me. Phone them up and two replacement bottles of my choice sent out, you don't return the unopened bottle, it's yours to give away or bin.

In between I usually order a case or two, for which you receive massive discounts on.

Can't fault them and highly recommend them. Their customer service is second to none.

Il Papavero NV mmmmm. Agreed Laithwaites are excellent quality & service

I'm with naked wines have been for years. Great choice and value and never had a bad wine to be honest.

Always go for the Christmas box as well.

I prefer Laithwaites to Naked Wines. I used to be an 'Angel', but I found their selection too narrow, and the overall quality of Laithwaites better. Plus they don't tie you down to a regular case.

But I couldn't buy all my wine online from a single supplier. I occasionally pick up a case from Majestic, and a fair few bottles from the supermarkets. And I encourage family to buy me wine as a gift - preferably just one bottle so they can spend more and get me something really good.

I got info about peiroth wines today, thought it was a bit random as it was addressed to my business, like peiroth. Used to get it years ago, liked their stuff a lot.

Naked wines is good - like their Butterfly Effect and The Victorian wines.

Not a club but avoid Giordano wines - wine is OK but they plague by phone and post for ever more!

Back