Winning 55 - First And Foremost, It Should Be A Celebration Of Our Club

Empire

@Empire1872 - Twitter
Staff member
The last few months have been a good laugh watching their public humiliation on and off the park. I’ve throughly enjoyed it, got caught up and involved in it and it’s been brilliant.

However the closer it is getting, I’m starting to think the GIRUY attitude towards them is starting to overtake us actually celebrating our team, our club and our success. We’re on the verge of winning this League because of how good we’ve been. Its nothing to do with them.

I’m seeing people buying flags with references to them, inflatable sharks (really?), Shane Duffy masks amongst others things which are more aimed towards laughing at them instead of celebrating what we are on the verge of doing.

Yes, we’ve been through it for years now. Mocked, slagged, laughed at etc and had to put up with it. However when the time comes, let’s make it about us and not them.

I get that everyone celebrates in their own way and each to their own but please don’t forget just how good our team/club have been.

They deserve it. They are about to become heroes.

Tbh though I can't see any of our fans going and celebrating in front of their stadium, singing their songs or any of the other weird bunny boiler type behaviour we've come to expect off them over the last few years.

The last few months have been a good laugh watching their public humiliation on and off the park. I’ve throughly enjoyed it, got caught up and involved in it and it’s been brilliant.

However the closer it is getting, I’m starting to think the GIRUY attitude towards them is starting to overtake us actually celebrating our team, our club and our success. We’re on the verge of winning this League because of how good we’ve been. Its nothing to do with them. I’m seeing people buying flags with references to them, inflatable sharks (really?) amongst others things which are more aimed towards laughing at them instead of celebrating what we are on the verge of doing.

Yes, we’ve been through it for years now. Mocked, slagged, laughed at etc and had to put up with it. However when the time comes, let’s make it about us and not them.

I get that everyone celebrates in their own way and each to their own but please don’t forget just how good our team/club have been. They deserve it. They are about to become heroes.
Hear, hear. Sick hearing about them, sick hearing about ‘stopping the ten’ or t-shirts with 10 on them somewhere. This is about Rangers winning, being successful. It’s about 55. It’s about our battle back from the brink. It’s not about the Dhims failure, as much as that has been an amusing sideshow.

i agree OP

i do want them to hear the thousands of fireworks though when the time comes

Hear, hear. Sick hearing about them, sick hearing about ‘stopping the ten’ or t-shirts with 10 on them somewhere. This is about Rangers winning, being successful. It’s about 55. It’s about our battle back from the brink. It’s not about the Dhims failure, as much as that has been an amusing sideshow.
Yeah they didn’t even win 9 on the park. Ignore that, the shark stuff is old hat now also.

Need to get the balance right. One hand laughing and mocking them after the 9 years of hell those bastards have put us through. On the other hand everything celebrating this Rangers team and everything great about our club and everything great that is about to come etc back in the Champions League where we belong, 150th Anniversary, the opening of the new Edmiston House, new hospitality suites being built, potential capacity increase, potential new pitch, potential plans going ahead for the building of an Ibrox Disaster Memorial in the correct location outside Ibrox, not being held back by the millions of debt that meant we were always pushing above our weight for years and now we have a club with millions in the bank ready to unleash upon European football and be dominant domestically for years to come.

Last edited:
Agree it should be a celebration of our clubs achievement. But theres something that wants me to mock Broon and thumb and Lennon for mocking us and being utter wankers. Cheerio Terry Munro will be heard every game next season.

I've changed over the years. From ignoring them to craving their demise. I hope they no longer exist by the end of this year and a lot of people associated with the club are in jail. I acknowledge some might see this as a mentally challenged way of thinking.

As for the OP, 100% correct. 55 is about us and absolutely nothing else.

For me it is about winning 55 and continuing the rebuilding work. When we start winning a few doubles and trebles we will have truly turned full circle.

Most of what I've seen has all been about love for Rangers.

Flags and t-shirts I've seen have all had 55 references on them.

A wee inflatable shark doesn't take away from it being about Rangers.

Us winning the title will rub enough salt in their wounds anyway.

I'm enjoying their pain just now - of course I am.

However 55 for me was/is always about the fact that it's the first title win since we were dragged to the depths of hell by crooks and a celebration of the fact that we're finally back where we belong after all these years of torture we've been through.

So i'll continue to gloat and laugh for the time being, but the minute we clinch the title i'll be solely focussing on an absolutely momentous occasion for this football club and especially for us as loyal fans.

For me personally, it's going to top all the successes that have went before - and I'm not ashamed to admit there will be tears.

Lots of happy tears.

The hangover will be worth it. :cool:

I laud the OP’s sentiments 100% and there are lots of songs yet unwritten about the Journey to come. This year will never be forgotten for the sheer release after a decade of torture and the pleasure of returning to the top of the mountain.

But it’s simply not true that they’re irrelevant. The main reason, no matter what they tell you, that 10IAR mattered to them was to get it up us as neither side has done it before. Likewise we love our vast array of achievements all the more for the fact we beat them to it - rivalry makes this game mean more. Like any story there has to be an antagonist to create drama.

And this particular trophy, after all the pain they tried to inflict on us (including our demise), should hurt them more than any competition previously held in Scotland.

I could not agree more.

Personally I do not give one iota about them. Its not about being staunch or whatever, I love to see them lose. But folk on here, and everywhere right now, are literally obsessing over everything they’re doing.

It has become more about them, and less about us.

However the closer it is getting, I’m starting to think the GIRUY attitude towards them is starting to overtake us actually celebrating our team, our club and our success. We’re on the verge of winning this League because of how good we’ve been. Its nothing to do with them.

I’m seeing people buying flags with references to them, inflatable sharks (really?), Shane Duffy masks amongst others things which are more aimed towards laughing at them instead of celebrating what we are on the verge of doing.

I get that everyone celebrates in their own way and each to their own but please don’t forget just how good our team/club have been.

Been saying it for weeks upon weeks on here yet admin still let the board clog up with Celtic related shite, Could admin not just create 1 celtic thread and put everything in there, most on her become on to read and post about Rangers, not that shower of shite across the city

Been saying it for weeks upon weeks on here yet admin still let the board clog up with Celtic related shite, Could admin not just create 1 celtic thread and put everything in there, most on her become on to read and post about Rangers, not that shower of shite across the city
TBF most bears love to wallow in that lots misery and im no different, bearing in mind this is no ordinary season we cannot get enough of their pain.
Also lots of laugh at timmy threads might keep the infested off here for a while, well we can but hope.

we had a thread on here last week wanting us to sing a Liverpool fc song when we win the league,follow follow will do me just fine,

When it happens, it will be. Until then I think people will continue rubbing it in.

TBF most bears love to wallow in that lots misery and im no different, bearing in mind this is no ordinary season we cannot get enough of their pain.
Also lots of laugh at timmy threads might keep the infested off here for a while, well we can but hope.
I've been on here for over 10 years and anytime I've came across a tim the thread has been deleted within seconds.

I love the pain we are inflicting on them bit the amount of shite on here clutters up the board

Absolutely it's all about 55 but I don't think there's anything wrong with having a wee dig at them as well. We've put up with a lot in the last 10 years with football rivalry moving to another level with the way that lot have behaved during it towards us. I for one will be celebrating 55 as mad as the next Rangers fan but I'm not ashamed to admit I already have an inflatable Shark as a dig at their behaviour this season. Might put a Boyd mask on it as well B-)

OP, I do agree but as an admin could you not do a bit more in limiting the number of threads about them?

Do we really need a thread about their 3rd choice RB leaving? Which currently has more replies than this thread btw.

Couldn't agree more. We have months to enjoy their pain. 55 is all about us

I have no interest in them, it's great to see them fail but the reason why we get 55 will be our team who have been magnificent all season

55 is for all those people who have had to spend 9 years with some of the worst pain you can have as a football fan, having people laugh at your team go from one disaster to another and wondering when it was going to end. I've seen gimps on their side going on about the "pain" of having their team be bad for a season, imagine what it's been like having to watch it for nine seasons for god sake

Of course this season is about 55 & regaining our rightful position at the top.
I don't however see the problem in also enjoying their pain. Brushed aside in the season they considered most important.

I genuinely can’t believe some of the banners/Celtic related items people are getting made to celebrate our team and us winning the league.

It beggars belief.

People can celebrate with whatever banner/flags about whoever they want if you don’t like it well that’s your problem, we’ve had banners and all sorts over the years made about us so I’m all for it, celebrate our clubs success but let’s have a few digs at them along the way:shh:B-D

Back