Winning it at the piggery

Think we need 9 wins(?)

We’ve got 6 more league games before we play the poets (they have 8 or 9 games before they play us I think).
So we’d need them to lose three of their games before we play them, or thereabouts.

I have said this a few times it I think we will be champions prior to the the end of February .

we are relentless , only given 7 goals away , that lot cannot keep a clean sheet against a weakened livi team . They will continue to drop points until we meet at the piggery at which time we will be out of sight

Think we need 9 wins(?)

We’ve got 6 more league games before we play the poets (they have 8 or 9 games before they play us I think).
So we’d need them to lose three of their games before we play them, or thereabouts.
They can get to 94 points, we need 25 points before taking into account dropped points from them so 8 wins should be enough with the GD

So if we win all our 6 games, they win all but draw 1 - it’s a title decider at the piggery??

In that case, I’ll be over before then because there’s no way they’ll only drop points once between now and the 20th March.
They need to drop at least 2 more points than we do between now and then.
But they could drop up to 7 points more than we do and it would still be a decider.

For example if we win all our games and they drop 7 points, that would leave us 21 ahead going to Parkhead with 21 points still to play for, so a point would clinch it.

is this correct?

assuming we win all games and win on March 20th, we need them to drop two points in the run up to March 20th for league to be won...

90 v 71 with 18 to play for?

is that right?

would be some book end to this whole chapter to win it on March 20th

They need to drop at least 2 more points than we do between now and then.
But they could drop up to 7 points more than we do and it would still be a decider.

Far too many maths involved for me at this time of a Saturday :eek:

Will hopefully revisit this in a few weeks with a more simplistic version.

I have said this a few times it I think we will be champions prior to the the end of February .

we are relentless , only given 7 goals away , that lot cannot keep a clean sheet against a weakened livi team . They will continue to drop points until we meet at the piggery at which time we will be out of sight
Hugh Keevins is obviously a paedo harbourer, but he’s been mentioning this being the earliest title win in the SPL era. That would be a nice stat to own.

is this correct?

assuming we win all games and win on March 20th, we need them to drop two points in the run up to March 20th for league to be won...

90 v 71 with 18 to play for?

is that right?

would be some book end to this whole chapter to win it on March 20th
See my post above.

Basically if we travel to Parkhead with a lead of anything between 16 and 21 points, the title will be available to win that day.

And FYI the game will be moved to Sunday 21st March.

Don't see it. Remember they haven't lost to anyone, bar us.
Anyway, don't give a toss.
Another slow on the uptake.

Remember losses have %^*& all to do with the conversation at hand.

They need to draw one more game than us before we play them again.

I think most are underestimating the chances of this happening. I've looked at fixtures for weeks and time and time again it looks that will be game that will clinch it.

It won't be clinched before we play them. We'd need to be 22 clear because it's the 7th last game (21 points left). We can gain 7 points on them and the title not be sealed. If our lead went from 14 to 21.

but for us not to have a chance of winning it at their pit..they'd need to keep pace with us in next 9 games and not allow us to gain 2 points.

I think the margin going into Old firm game will be within the six point swing area btw that the title can won on the day as oppposed to outside.

I think most are underestimating the chances of this happening. I've looked at fixtures for weeks and time and time again it looks that will be game that will clinch it.

It won't be clinched before we play them. We'd need to be 22 clear because it's the 7th last game (21 points left). We can gain 7 points on them and the title not be sealed. If our lead went from 14 to 21.

but for us not to have a chance of winning it at their pit..they'd need to keep pace with us in next 9 games and not allow us to gain 2 points.

I think the margin going into Old firm game will be within the six point swing area btw that the title can won on the day as oppposed to outside.
You are right mate. I have had it in my head as an extremely unlikely but fun scenario.
It's actually a real possibility. Hopefully we just keep winning and see what happens.

I am starting to believe this will happen. Looking at the fixtures, they've to go to Kilmarnock and play Aberdeen twice before the old firm.

If we do the business on Wednesday then it's on.
The mood McInnes is in, he will roll over and have his belly tickled. They've had their customary point this season, they wont get another.

Back