Winning The Europa League is Crazy Money

I read Rangers winning this cup will fill our coffers to the tune of ninety million, ninety million?

Winning the damn thing is enough for me but that money. Wow!
It's all of this season's money and next season's champions league money combined.

We can still make about £80 million all in if we lose and qualify through the league path for the champions league group stages. That would be hard but we'd be seeded thanks to this run, so we'd have a chance.

As I said in another thread..

That's not even the best thing, if we win europa, any player that's played a decent role in us winning it will pretty much instantly becomes a 20m+ player and should have plenty of interest.

We'll have that 90 million and potentially 80million+ from sales (given there's already interest in Kamara, Aribo, Bassey, and that's before we even get to Alfie, Tav, Lundstram, Lowry)

Not that I want rid of our players but it's inevitable and Gio will want to bring in his own guys... It could genuinely be life changing for Rangers.

As I said in another thread..

That's not even the best thing, if we win europa, any player that's played a decent role in us winning it will pretty much instantly becomes a 20m+ player and should have plenty of interest.

We'll have that 90 million and potentially 80million+ from sales (given there's already interest in Kamara, Aribo, Bassey, and that's before we even get to Alfie, Tav, Lundstram, Lowry)

Not that I want rid of our players but it's inevitable and Gio will want to bring in his own guys... It could genuinely be life changing for Rangers.
the biggest thing for me is if we win, then we'd be a more attractive to future sigings, no decent player would come to scotland for the domestic scene, doing well in europe is the only way to attract good players to our league.
think the penny's finally droped for the tims now, they've made a massive phuck up by treating europe as an after thought year after year, as no one cares who won what in our league or by how many times in a row etc...

the biggest thing for me is if we win, then we'd be a more attractive to future sigings, no decent player would come to scotland for the domestic scene, doing well in europe is the only way to attract good players to our league.
think the penny's finally droped for the tims now, they've made a massive phuck up by treating europe as an after thought year after year, as no one cares who won what in our league or by how many times in a row etc...
We would be in a completely different market.

We'll be shopping in waitrose while the rest of Scotland is round the back of farm foods raiding the bins for any thrown out food.

With the kind of money we'll be looking at - we could buy 11 Ryan Kents with change left over. o_O

We would be in a completely different market.

We'll be shopping in waitrose while the rest of Scotland is round the back of farm foods raiding the bins for any thrown out food.

With the kind of money we'll be looking at - we could buy 11 Ryan Kents with change left over. o_O
Absolutely. We need to win on Wednesday.

The pot one seeding for the UCL is huge as well. Would give the team a fantastic chance of last 16 football which is worth an additional £12-13m and more for the quarter finals if Rangers somehow got that far.

Two rounds past the group stage and you'd easily be looking at well over £25 million in additional income.

The money although a decent wedge, falls in to a bit of an insignificance with me.

That trophy title and kudos however, will be with us forever!

Winning the Europa League would be prestigious enough but the financial aspect free's us from the shackles and let's us really spread our wings.

We need this, we deserve this and realising our potential will be a beautiful thing to behold.

Please Rangers, let's do this.

The plan is a difficult one, but within touching distance now.

Win on Wednesday by hook or by crook, trade off a few who fancy a new challenge, bring in £40-£50M on top of the CL money and go and sign 5/6 of real quality between £5-£10M plus some good bosmans like we usually do.

Win the league and repeat the process.

Aye, the grey headed twat hosting the CL draw with the words “Europa league winners Raaanjoooors will Join Barthelona”…(unless the diddies are in pot one)

Bring it on.
Barcelona are in pot 2. We’ll be above them in pot 1 if we win.

F942766-D-D137-4-F0-B-B4-A0-4825-B40-D94-DB.jpg

The plan is a difficult one, but within touching distance now.

Win on Wednesday by hook or by crook, trade off a few who fancy a new challenge, bring in £40-£50M on top of the CL money and go and sign 5/6 of real quality between £5-£10M plus some good bosmans like we usually do.

Win the league and repeat the process.

We will win on Thursday

Doubt it, games on Wednesday. B-D
3am Thursday for me.

The money will be massive, if we win. But more important than that will be how we use it. We need to progress the model of buying young talent and selling for a tidy profit. It's a solid platform for the club, as we simply cannot rely on Europe working out every year.

First things first though, let's win it.

A win on Wednesday is an absolute game changer for the club on so many levels.
Thats about the most accurate thing anyone can say because while its possible to ballpark the instant and next season revenues, there is no saying what knock on upgrades this would generate across the club on every operational level.

If anyone is still in doubt around whether this is Rangers biggest ever game, doubt no more.

It is by far the biggest thing Rangers have ever faced with the rewards, financial and otherwise, being beyond calculation.

I read Rangers winning this cup will fill our coffers to the tune of ninety million, ninety million?

Winning the damn thing is enough for me but that money. Wow!
The narrative is being set by the media that this is a catastrophic loss financially, if we lose. The prestige far outweighs the cash incentive and they will not be taking this away from us.

It‘s a lot of money, just wondering what we owe the Directors / Investors after they have converted some of the loans to shares, I suppose they will be looking for some of it back over the next year.

Think of what we could do with all that money. We could build ourselves a team to compete in Europe!

Forget the money and enjoy the moment.

At the start of our European endeavour the Tim's where laughing even though their own performances where dismal to say the least.
Today that laughter has turned to sheer terror and rightly so, Rangers are built on solid foundation's with investments in stadium upgrades to the successful woman's team plus a very promising youth academy, whilst Celtic have done nothing on those fronts ( disco lights excepted :)) ).
We are on the cusp of rising to a plane above them earlier than was probably planned, yes if we win this it would be the icing on a very large cake but not the end of the world if we don't.
For me I'm going to very much enjoy the build up and hopefully wake up on Thursday with the mother of all hangovers and the bragging rights until I get my very large wings and flute. :))

Includes £40m odd we already have earned and £40m for next season's Champions League which we could get anyway through qualification. It would be very nice to get it confirmed on Wednesday though.

The Financial Times, on Sat, had a write up of Rangers, main details below. Wed is the most profitable match in our history.
Confident we will get this done !

A decade ago, Glasgow Rangers were still adjusting to a new life in the bottom tier of Scottish professional football as the club with 54 league titles played out a season-opening 2-2 draw with Peterhead. Rangers’ rejuvenation from that low will be sealed on Wednesday when they take on Germany’s Eintracht Frankfurt in the final of the Europa League, the second of Uefa’s club tournaments that may be the most profitable match in their 150-year history.

EL prize money plus the sale of one of our better players could mean a frightening transfer budget this summer. Advocaat level investment (adjusted for the modern market). Exciting times.

EL prize money plus the sale of one of our better players could mean a frightening transfer budget this summer. Advocaat level investment (adjusted for the modern market). Exciting times.

Agreed

But I’m not sure any player in their right mind would want to leave us if we have a guaranteed shot at champions league group stages

Not many players from our team I recon would transfer directly to a club with guaranteed champs league

But I suppose in the end money talks / wages etc

Back