Winning the League or Europa League?

I have had vivid dreams regarding both of these scenarios recently.

Absolutely heartbreaking to wake up.

Easy question. What would be the better season. Winning our own League or the Europa League which would possibly bring with it lots more recognition outside this country?
Being champions of a league which has been shared by two teams for the last thirty five years carries zero credibility in world football, winning the the Europa League is a far greater achievement.

League. Any other season and I would say Europa but stopping the mentally challengeds getting the 9 is paramount.

So watching a mentally challenged meltdown is more important than the future of the club?

No, but I think winning the league is more important. Would give us a crack at the Champions league! Given the last few years winning the league would mean more to me than winning the Europa league.

No, but I think winning the league is more important. Would give us a crack at the Champions league! Given the last few years winning the league would mean more to me than winning the Europa league.

Winning EL guarantees a CL place - winning the league doesnt.

League without a doubt but only because of how important this season is. Any other season I’d take the Europa as a one off

Aye but winning the EL doesn’t win you the league. I see the appeal of the EL I’m not mental. The league though would be so sweet...

No but it does provide the club with much needed cash, European prestige and the opportunity to sign a higher calibre of players, But it doesnt get it right up the mentally challengeds so who cares eh?

in any other circumstances the europa league no doubt but the emotion involved in us winning the league this year makes it the holy grail for me, nothing will quite surpass the feeling of winning the league after the pain of the last decade.

Can’t get my head around the parochial view that the league would be better.

Europa every day.

We’ve all seen Rangers win leagues and will see it happen plenty more times.

But a European trophy? That’s unfathomable. I’d do anything to see us lift one.

The only aspect I can see where SPFL would outweigh the Europa is in the get it up the mentally challengeds factor. Putting the long term future of the club before short term "up yours" is much more important in my opinion.

Europa league equals direct entry to CL group stage, no qualifiers.
Prize money is vastly superior to SPFL (multi millions).
Ditto the CL next season.
Our European club co-efficient for future seeding.
Dare I mention the Scotland coefficient for future entries.
Publicity, European and worldwide.
Club becomes more attractive to better quality players.
Long term outlook vastly better.

Let's look to 65 not just 55!

Any other season I would take the Europa League given it grants direct access to the Champions League group stage. Would be a Pot 1 seeded team as well.

But while they are in the hunt for 10 the league is number 1 priority.

exactly this. League would have to be the priority. Stop all this chat of 10 and deliver 55!

No but it does provide the club with much needed cash, European prestige and the opportunity to sign a higher calibre of players, But it doesnt get it right up the mentally challengeds so who cares eh?
Winning the EL would 100% get it up them! Let’s be real the EL doesn’t hold much prestige. I get the benefits of a second European trophy BUT this year for me the league means more. Don’t see how that’s such a big deal?

Winning the EL would 100% get it up them! Let’s be real the EL doesn’t hold much prestige. I get the benefits of a second European trophy BUT this year for me the league means more. Don’t see how that’s such a big deal?

The benefits of the league is getting up them and their ten, and a pretty small sum of cash.

The benefits of the EL are far bigger.

The benefits of the league is getting up them and their ten, and a pretty small sum of cash.

The benefits of the EL are far bigger.
Not in dispute bud. Pennies for the league in terms of cash in comparison. It’s the emotional value you wouldn’t get from the EL. For me it would close the door on the past 7-8 years!

Being champions of a league which has been shared by two teams for the last thirty five years carries zero credibility in world football, winning the the Europa League is a far greater achievement.

True but to stop them getting 10 in a row is a bigger achievement for me!

Has to be the League for me I can’t wait for that moment it will be a tsunami of sheer emotion couldn’t care less about who looses it’s all about The Rangers.

Europa league for me. Guaranteed champs league football, cash in the coffers, and we could always take 55 next year.

nah actually I want 55 now

I would just about go Europa league as I feel it would set us up with firepower to dominate for a good few years and we’d smash them in their effort for 10 with players we could sign with group stage champions league money already banked

Back