Winning the League or Europa League?

Easy question. What would be the better season. Winning our own League or the Europa League which would possibly bring with it lots more recognition outside this country?
easy choice mate both don't care if it goes against the rules because if I pick one it means I want Rangers to loose and fail in the other one and if that makes me uber %^*& it I don't care :D

We have a 50/50 chance of winning our domestic league, but the odds would be far greater on us winning the Europa League. I was 8 when we won the ECWC, was at Manchester in 2008, seen Rangers won countless of domestic trophies, but I would take the Europa League ALL day long. The prestige of being a European winning Scottish team, the jealousy and hatred from every pour from all Scottish footbal would be a joy to all bears, timplosion, sheep-plosion, BBCplosion. Think about....we were supposed to be deed. Get it right up them all who wanted to bury us. Rangers FC Europa League Champions.

PS. It was me who mentioned this very topic on SSB a few months back, caused a bit of a stir, glad it's being revived and discussed. Need to break off this parochial vision in this wee shitty part of our country..Rangears a true force back at the European table.

Short Term (this year or next) the League - following on from that i'd take Europa over and above the league.

The league for me, although a wee voice inside is saying the Europa league as it’s the last time we’ll be playing in it!

Winning 55 this season would put Sellick back to ground zero. Winning the EL would be a huge thing for us but don't think the poets would really care as they would still be going for their 10-in-a-row dream. But definitely for me, 55.

A European trophy under SG in only his second year in management would eclipse a tainted 10-in-a-row. Yes, they may try to spin it otherwise but the larger football world would know otherwise.

And then guaranteed Champions League group action.

Europa League for me.

The financial advantages together with the prestige would attract an even higher level of player again. Plus if we don't win 55 this season I fully expect us to do so next season the rate that this team is developing.

Europa League for me.

The financial advantages together with the prestige would attract an even higher level of player again. Plus if we don't win 55 this season I fully expect us to do so next season the rate that this team is developing.
If you had 6 months to live would you want to see us win 55 or still opt for the EL?

This is actually a good question. 10 years ago Europa but with everything that lies on the next two seasons then the league this year for me.

Winning the Europa League would put at least £60m into the club. That sort of money, if invested properly, could take us levels above any other team in Scotland.

Normally I would say the Europa League (although that is very very unlikely) but this year we have to win the league. We have a superior team to them. We have a superior manager and we obviously we have a far better support.

If any club or fans deserve success it is us. Bring 55 home Rangers and everyone of you will be legends.

Interesting responses on here. Take away point for me is the majority of want to stop ‘in a row’ more than anything else. Bit sad.

Europa league for me

If you had 6 months to live would you want to see us win 55 or still opt for the EL?

I would die ecstatic if we were to add a second Euro trophy to our honours, I'd also die content in the knowledge that we'd soon be winning our 55th title.

Think back to Manchester and the crowd that descended on that city, 40,000 back at Ibrox watching a beam back and pubs all over the country rammed to the rafters watching the game, it amazes me that so many are picking winning a two horse race over a rare Euro trophy.

Europa league for me. Their 9 or 10 if they were to get it is tainted, they know it, we know it, everybody with any credibility in world football knows it!

Got to be the europa league for me. I think prioritising 55 is a small time mentality tbh. European success would give us international recognition

No brainer the league, as much as we know the bheasts 9 in a row would be tainted the press up here would be unbearable.

Europa League for me. Much as I want to stop 10 the real priority for me is stopping them overtaking our 54 and i think we would be unstoppable after winning the Europa league.

Moot point anyway as we are winning both:cool:

Any other season I would take the Europa League given it grants direct access to the Champions League group stage. Would be a Pot 1 seeded team as well.

But while they are in the hunt for 10 the league is number 1 priority.
This post sums it up for me!

Europa League any other season, but we need 55 ASAP. But why not try to win both?;)

If you ask me this next year once 55 is in the bag then I would answer europa league

but as things stand. 55 this year is the most important title in our recent history

Back