Winter Break - Yes, It Needs To Be Brought Up Again.

Necro

One of the things we were undeniably good at before the break was responding to a bad result by blowing teams away at home; the people questioning the mentality of the team are way off the mark imo.

You cannot tell me that the players looking and playing like they're tired at this stage of the season two years running is coincidence, I'm not claiming to be a sports science expert or a psychologist but something about these breaks away is affecting our squad.

We should spend the entire time at our training ground next season imo, if for no other reason but to make it clear that the grind isn't over in December

All of the rangers title winning teams of the past always had a strong dec/jan,that's when we broke the back of any challengers,no poncy warm weather training camps then.There's a lesson to be learned there.

Morelos was a factor in this, harmony would have been a lot worse if he was off in South America sunning it off the back of a red card whilst the rest and training in the pishing wet.

I hate the winter break! If our weather were predictable there could be some excuse but what with international breaks and the winter break it is difficult to maintain momentum.

One of the things we were undeniably good at before the break was responding to a bad result by blowing teams away at home; the people questioning the mentality of the team are way off the mark imo.

You cannot tell me that the players looking and playing like they're tired at this stage of the season two years running is coincidence, I'm not claiming to be a sports science expert or a psychologist but something about these breaks away is affecting our squad.

We should spend the entire time at our training ground next season imo, if for no other reason but to make it clear that the grind isn't over in December
I'd also be amenable to the squad either staying at Auchenhowie, or perhaps using a similarly high-quality facility in Europe.

For a number of different reasons, travelling to Dubai does not seem to be working for us.

I also personally believe the squad are actually overtraining over the break, rather than undertraining / getting slack. That's just my opinion, from looking at some of the players on matchday, some of whom looked out on their feet at times.

Last edited:
Two years on the bounce we've been in contention up until the winter break. After the break we've looked like a different team, as if we're starting from scratch again. It something that has to be looked at IMO.

Was going to start my own thread about it but you beat me to it, the break seems to kill us, full of confidence and in form before them and after just pish

We don't know how to win dirty. We don't know how to effect the game from the bench. Management never learn from their mistakes and repeat them. We don't know how to adjust to win a game. If management fail to learn from their mistakes and fail to stop playing failed players they will fail with them.

Back