With injuries, covid and not hitting top form keeping players fresh is crucial

Professor Yaffle

Official Ticketer
We can't keep relying on the same 13 or 14 guys and it's time for some of our squad to get some game time.

I would expect this v Livy midweek anyway but with Fil out and now Kent and potentially Alfie it's also important to keep guys like Tav, Davis, Goldson and Kamara fresh as possible and let others earn their wages.

I'm not saying rest these guys regularly however now and again to minimise injury risk and allow greater recovery time.

I'd expect to see Bacuna at some point and the sooner Hagi back the better.

Also the return of Ryan Jack can't come soon enough.

I know the manager wants a settled side but until we have a full squad to pick from I'm also certain he'll want to look after some like he has been with Borna and McGregor.

It's been a strange season so far but far from utter dung and winning tomorrow and midweek sets us up nicely and keeps us top and in the cup.

I'd take any sort of wins in both and next week in Dundee also as well as avoiding injury and more covid chaos.

These games may even allow Wright, Sakala, Lundstram, Bacuna and perhaps a young player or two the chance to shine and show what they can do like McCrorie did v Celtic.

Hopefully flag day will inspire the players and also lift the fans to create a decent atmosphere too.

If we can manage to take a lead, it’s easier to bring on subs, but having to battle fir a winner or hold out for a win makes it a bit more difficult,

Yeah we need to manage Davis workload in midfield better, the others I’m not to worried because I trust them to be fit, more just Davis age that’s a concern, that’s why I’d manage his games a little more.

We did well against Dunfermline with squad players. I'm not sure how many changes we'll make for Livi.

A great chance for others to step up and push for more starts and give the manager something to think about. Was good to see big Bassey fill in for Borna and play well also giving Borna something to think about.

Back