With the 5% old firm allocation agreed should we offer this to other teams too on the basis of bigger allocations for us?

Should the 5% offer be made to other teams?

• Yes

Votes: 148 30.2%
  • No

Votes: 236 48.2%
  • Only for certain teams

Votes: 106 21.6%

• Total voters
I would offer 2500 on the agreement that there’s deadlines for selling tickets and unsold tickets are returned. Make the teams sell the tickets block by block

In return we get an extra 1000 odd against Aberdeen and the full stands at Tynecastle/easter Road
Sensible. The board should push for this to alleviate stress on MyGers allocations.

Aberdeen it's a non-starter as they can no longer segregate the South Stand to accommodate a bigger away support. It's why Rangers only got the normal league allocation for a Scottish Cup game up there a few years ago.

I think the issue is we would be giving up seats that we would sell regardless.

Whereas your hearts, hibs and Aberdeen (the only realistic teams) have cut our allocation and have thousands of empty seats around the rest of the stadium.

I’m all for the agreement with Celtic (with the limited info released) as I think it favours our request more than theirs. I just don’t see the same benefit for us with the other teams.

I don't think it's an unrealistic compromise as long as we're guaranteed bigger allocations at their grounds, and by that I mean full stand at Easter Road, Tynecastle etc. In the short-term at least I actually think such an agreement would likely benefit us to the extreme, as I can't see any other team than Hearts regularly filling 2500 seats at Ibrox.

I do think if we start doing that though then we have to seriously re-evaluate whether or not it's fair to sell season tickets in that area of the ground though, if people are at risk of being moved 8 or more home games a season. From that point of view, not sure it makes much financial sense for the club to consider.

As I've said it isn't necessarily a flat 5% for 5% reciprocal agreement but a negotiation position.

However we have heard a lot about the importance of spectacle, the good of Scottish football, and the 'atmosphere' away fans bring. Are those factors only important in OF games?
They’re only import for OF games at Ibrox, there wasn’t a peep when the potato destroyers gave us none.

Given what's been released today and that ST holders will have to move to keep their old firm ticket should we offer this percentage to others so we can have more away fans at other venues?

Hearts are only offering us 600 or so as it stands with Hibs saying they will cut our allocation too. Our Aberdeen allocation has also been cut in recent years. If we game to a bigger share agreement we would have around 1k at these stadiums so more bears managing to secure tickets for the bigger away games.

If clubs can fill the 5% would you offer it to them? Those who wanted more away fans for the OF games said it would improve the atmosphere so would that also be the case for the bigger clubs? Patrick thistle brought a decent crowd for the last couple game against them and had a decent atmosphere.

It would also mean that there was no 'special treatment' for any club. If they don't want or can't fill the 5% they have by a certain date to say so and could take the traditional 800 or there could be an arrangement for like the livi game where away fans are moved elsewhere.

Given today's news I'd be willing to give it a try.

What are your thoughts bears?

The devil is in the detail and you've obviously missed it.

That statement today is a con and nowhere does it say there will be a straight 5% away allocation at OF games.

As for giving clubs with hardly any fans 5% of Ibrox thus depriving our own fans, I reckon you need to reconsider your argument and reasoning.

So we offer Aberdeen, for example, 5% of Ibrox (circa 2500) in exchange for 5% of Pittodrie (circa 1000)? Or we offer Hearts that same 2500 in exchange for an extra 400 or so, taking us to 1000, at their place?

Can't see that flying.
Aye, should be 5% of their home capacity.

So we offer Aberdeen, for example, 5% of Ibrox (circa 2500) in exchange for 5% of Pittodrie (circa 1000)? Or we offer Hearts that same 2500 in exchange for an extra 400 or so, taking us to 1000, at their place?

Can't see that flying.
No we offer Aberdeen the corner and a bit of the front in exchange for our old allocation at pittodrie.

Lock 1700 ticket paying Rangers supporters out of Ibrox to get 3/400 more seats at Tynecastle or Pittodrie?

It's quite possibly the dumbest thing ever suggested on here, bravo.

No we offer Aberdeen the corner and a bit of the front in exchange for our old allocation at pittodrie.
The thread is about a 5% reciprocal deal though.

Either way, there’s no chance the Sheep, or anyone else, agree to give us a few thousand more tickets at their place in exchange for a few hundred at Ibrox.

Given what's been released today and that ST holders will have to move to keep their old firm ticket should we offer this percentage to others so we can have more away fans at other venues?

Hearts are only offering us 600 or so as it stands with Hibs saying they will cut our allocation too. Our Aberdeen allocation has also been cut in recent years. If we game to a bigger share agreement we would have around 1k at these stadiums so more bears managing to secure tickets for the bigger away games.

If clubs can fill the 5% would you offer it to them? Those who wanted more away fans for the OF games said it would improve the atmosphere so would that also be the case for the bigger clubs? Patrick thistle brought a decent crowd for the last couple game against them and had a decent atmosphere.

It would also mean that there was no 'special treatment' for any club. If they don't want or can't fill the 5% they have by a certain date to say so and could take the traditional 800 or there could be an arrangement for like the livi game where away fans are moved elsewhere.

Given today's news I'd be willing to give it a try.

What are your thoughts bears?
How many fill what they already get.

More Rangers fans at Away matches is to be welcomed. However, realism needs to be factored in here. The likes of Aberdeen and Hearts aren't going to give us 15-20% of their seats in exchange for 2500 at Ibrox.

More importantly, there's the impact on ST holders at Ibrox. Many already being told this morning they won't get to Old Firm games next season and now there's a proposal that they won't be able to renew their ST at all to accommodate this. Nah, sorry. I've voted No.

I can see what is in it for Rangers fans. Don't really see any benefit for most teams, as they couldn't fill the Ibrox seats, and I don't see the likes of Aberdeen and Hearts agreeing - even if they could fill the Ibrox seats - in exchange for the significant increase we'd be looking for at their place.
No ST holders should miss next season’s OF games at Ibrox.

We have 46000 ST holders that leaves 5000 seats with 3000 taken up for them including segregation.

The only way ST holders lose seats is if the club witholds more than 2000 tickets, or ST holders are losing out in favour of Supporters Club allocations.

No ST holders should miss next season’s OF games at Ibrox.

We have 46000 ST holders that leaves 5000 seats with 3000 taken up for them including segregation.

The only way ST holders lose seats is if the club witholds more than 2000 tickets, or ST holders are losing out in favour of Supporters Club allocations.
If the Club were as confident of that as you appear to be then they’d have said so in today’s email and guaranteed those impacted a new seat. I’m also unsure if your numbers are correct. Does the 46k season ticket holders include numbers in Hospitality, for example? That must be at least 2k across Ibrox I’d have thought. Possibly more.

Lock 1700 ticket paying Rangers supporters out of Ibrox to get 3/400 more seats at Tynecastle or Pittodrie?

It's quite possibly the dumbest thing ever suggested on here, bravo.

Are you surprised though? The away section thinks the entire club should revolve around them. They don't give a shit of locking 1700 Rangers fans out of Ibrox just so they can get their wee day out.

Are you surprised though? The away section thinks the entire club should revolve around them. They don't give a shit of locking 1700 Rangers fans out of Ibrox just so they can get their wee day out.
It astounding to be honest.

The logic of it is amazing actually. Give these teams more seats at Ibrox to ensure more seats at whatever shit hole we are playing at. There's only one flaw. Rangers supporters actually sit in the seats that they want to give away. But that's just a minor inconvenience apparently, easily solved.

Of course, a lot of these teams have empty seats in their stadium that they could sell to us just now but they choose not to. Largely because their fans, that some on here are so desperate to accommodate, don't want us in their fucking stadium.

You’d hope the league step in and put mechanism in place to stop a club like Hibs taking the huff and just deciding on a whim on ticket allocations.

There should be locked in %s across the league

If Hearts guaranteed us the full stand, I would give them the 5%
I agree but the arithmetic doesn’t work . 5% of Tynecastle is only 1k and the stand behind the goal holds about 3.5k I think.
The real issue for the SPFL is why do teams leave thousands of empty seats after refusing to sell to us and why are Sky not kicking up a fuss about the tv spectacle being spoiled by it

Can anyone one answer if this
5% level is solely for derby games.

How have Hibs stated they want to consider reducing our allocation which I assume would be under the 1000 / 5%

Or has the Hibs debacle been used as a gambit in the Celtic negotiations to obtain a higher allocation.

Why should the beasts get prefeeetial treatment ?

If it’s a 5% max it should apply to all clubs

The board would rather appease opposition supporters ( who openly hate us, vandalise our stadium and openly celebrate the deaths of our supporters ) than look after their own

This 2.5k is only the start

What you're wanting to do is lock Rangers fans out of Ibrox.
I had posted that before fully realising what the plans are for Broomloan season ticket holders. I have said in the other thread I am not a fan of what the board have signed up to with this arrangement.

My point is mostly about other grounds Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts, St Mirren that have cut allocations. Putting a rule about percentages will never work as 5% is what we get at those grounds anyway. Only benefit for us would be a set minimum number of away fans.

I don't think there will be any new rules now anyway in the summer, the board have caved in to them and the SPFL and now any talk of changes will be quickly forgotten.

I agree but the arithmetic doesn’t work . 5% of Tynecastle is only 1k and the stand behind the goal holds about 3.5k I think.
The real issue for the SPFL is why do teams leave thousands of empty seats after refusing to sell to us and why are Sky not kicking up a fuss about the tv spectacle being spoiled by it
Probably because Sky couldn't care less. It's an absolute myth that sky have dictated old firm allocations that people have been repeating for years, without anything to back it up.

I would say yes for Hearts, no for Aberdeen and I would put Hibs in the club deck, the same as Livingston if they further cut our allocation.

No other teams would really be expected to bring more.
You would put Hibs fans (who have a habit of throwing missiles, including sharp objects) in the Club Deck?

Probably because Sky couldn't care less. It's an absolute myth that sky have dictated old firm allocations that people have been repeating for years, without anything to back it up.
I don’t know their commentary team mention it about 20 times every Old Firm game

Quite a few people not reading the OP and assuming tickets would go unsold and we would lose revenue. As stated before we would ask clubs which allocation they would be able to take.

Small numbers in club deck. Usual 800 in the corner or offer more up to 5% on the basis that we get better allocations away at their grounds too.

Also some amount of hyperbole here with 'locking rangers fans out of Ibrox'. It's not as if they will never get a ticket. Our stadium capacity will be around 51000 next season, therefore we will have around 48500 rangers seats available for games with 5% away fans. This might be a quarter of home games maximum.

Again, as stated, I'd have kept everyone at 800 but this is just wondering what's people's thoughts are.

The devil is in the detail and you've obviously missed it.

That statement today is a con and nowhere does it say there will be a straight 5% away allocation at OF games.

As for giving clubs with hardly any fans 5% of Ibrox thus depriving our own fans, I reckon you need to reconsider your argument and reasoning.

If you want to be condescending then I can be too.

The devil is in the detail and you've obviously missed it. I reckon you need to reconsider your argument and reasoning.

From Rangers website, "While this will not affect the two remaining league derbies this season, from next season, both clubs will be required to provide five per-cent of their stadia to the away team for Old Firm games only — mirroring the UEFA European match model."

Our club shouldn’t need to sacrifice the loyalty of our home fans for extra away tickets. F**k the sfa/spfl and the other teams. The only thing that matters in these situations is the loyal fans who come to Ibrox week in week out, season after season and the priority shouldn’t be to move people to allocate extra away supporters.

If you want to be condescending then I can be too.

The devil is in the detail and you've obviously missed it. I reckon you need to reconsider your argument and reasoning.

From Rangers website, "While this will not affect the two remaining league derbies this season, from next season, both clubs will be required to provide five per-cent of their stadia to the away team for Old Firm games only — mirroring the UEFA European match model."

That's not what yesterday's official SPFL statement says.

None of the other clubs where we struggle for a decent allocation - particularly the likes of Aberdeen and Hearts - are going to agree to give us, for example, 15-20% at their place in exchange for 5% at Ibrox though. I don't see any of them agreeing a figure based on number of seats rather than percentages because they know that is more to our advantage than theirs. Why would they do that?
From a financial point of view - they would nearly fill their middens.

From a financial point of view - they would nearly fill their middens.
Financially it would make sense for all of these clubs - with the possible exception of Hearts - to give us as many seats as we could sell rather than leave them empty. Scottish football doesn't operate on 'sense' though I'm afraid.

You are brave suggesting this on here OP.

I want the capacity at Ibrox increased first.

We need to get those corners filled in at the Govan side - it is crazy we are not using that space for seats.

You are brave suggesting this on here OP.

I want the capacity at Ibrox increased first.

We need to get those corners filled in at the Govan side - it is crazy we are not using that space for seats.
I suspect the Club would love to put seats in those corners. Only the small matter of a, generally loss-making, club finding the £30m or so to make it happen. Probably more, the way building costs escalate these days.

Back