With the vaccine now being made available

Case numbers are still going to be relevant going into next year to track the effectiveness of the vaccine(s) and spread of the virus. The Oxford vaccine looks like the vaccine at this point that will be the one with the least headaches administering. It's still early days at this point but I'm hopeful we will get through this soon. It's more than just a flu however.
Case numbers will still be relevant for next year but after that they shouldn’t be.

it’s more than just a flu right now yeah because of the number of hospital admissions and deaths. If the vaccine does its job and stops people getting seriously ill then it really isn’t more then a minor cold/flu . You’ll no feel great for a few days but the virus should stop it being anything worse

The wheels of Govt turn very, very, slowly. It'll take almost a year or more for vaccines on such a scale to have taken place, and we'll need each more than one vaccination. Full houses at large football grounds in early 2021 are a pipe dream.

August if we are lucky mate. Even then it will be reduced numbers.

Everybody who wants a vaccine will have it by Easter, and things will be able to go back to normal by May.

The only spanner in the works for that would be jumped up, control-freak ‘governments’ who don’t want to relinquish the control they have right now.

That’s a different argument though:))

I would lay money on it you’ll all still be wearing masks and distancing a year from now. Everybody complied, they ain’t letting go of it so easy.

Hate to burst your bubble mate but having a vaccine or two doesn't make the virus disappear overnight or at all for that matter.
Social distancing, mask wearing and everything else will still be in place well in to next year.
You also won't have enough antibodies until after your 2nd dose so you'll likely be looking at 6-8 weeks from first injection for your body to build up its full armour so to speak.

If we have 50% in Ibrox for the unfurling of our 55th title we'll be doing well.

Clearly I'm not a doctor, but isn't that the exact purpose of a vaccine?

We literally now have a vaccine available, it is being rolled out next week, it’s a hugely positive move and a game changer.

Why then are so many still saying there is no chance of fans this season and it will be a long time before fans are in?

Its mental and probably the same posters who told us football wouldn’t return at all until 2021 at the earliest.
How long do you think it will take to vaccinate 65 million people with two doses? It'll take at least 12 months, with high risk people first.

Last edited:
Everybody who wants a vaccine will have it by Easter, and things will be able to go back to normal by May.

The only spanner in the works for that would be jumped up, control-freak ‘governments’ who don’t want to relinquish the control they have right now.

That’s a different argument though:))

You're second sentence is the reason why it won't happen unfortunately

We literally now have a vaccine available, it is being rolled out next week, it’s a hugely positive move and a game changer.

Why then are so many still saying there is no chance of fans this season and it will be a long time before fans are in?

Its mental and probably the same posters who told us football wouldn’t return at all until 2021 at the earliest.
Because there is an entire country to vaccinate.

The vaccine also doesnt make you immune til 4 weeks after the 2nd dose. Which is given 3 weeks after the first dose. So it is 7 weeks before you are immune.

The vaccine is of course a positive thing but people need to be realistic on the time it's going to take to.make a difference.

I was feeling quite optimistic that you get the needle and you are ok to get on with your ‘ normal ‘ life, but seems like some differing opinions on here with good reasoning. I think if it’s a vaccine supply or manufacturing shortage there might be an excellent workable vaccine coming from one of the other big Parma majors stables that might be close to developing, offering us more options for vaccinations ahead of plan.

It looks like we’re coming out of the second wave. There was the whole thing about herd immunity. Just got to see how the numbers go in January

If there's no fans back for the title party this season - I reckon the club should do a rerun package of the season to a sold out Ibrox, all the players on the pitch - 90mins of sheer joy.

As an aside do you think the players will get the vaccine as part of the first phase ?

The Government are talking several months to have the most vulnerable vaccinated, I don’t think we’ll see a return to matches until next season.

It depends on what there plan for the vaccine is ? Is it to try get totally rid of covid or just to live with it ? If it’s to live if , vaccinate the vulnerable then let rest get on with it, I personally won’t be taking it I’m guessing there will be millions in the same boat

The general population won’t need to get it to go back to normal . Once the over 60s and people with health conditions get it then deaths/hospital admissions will plummet and we will be at normality . Anything less and their will be protests at that point

Correct

27-EDF7-C3-53-FF-4-E13-A5-FE-43311-B67-ABDE.jpg

Government saying Easter kinda time for getting back to normal and by summer we should be back to normal. So
I’d say limited crowds until next season and then full crowds from start of next season.

It all depends on if the roll out becomes a shambles.
I am hoping local health centres start earning their wages.
There should be 7 opening bar bank holidays for 6 months.
Its quite easy to have a rota.
I had my flu jab on a Sunday.
This won't be down to local Surgeries to roll out.

With the vaccine now approved , when do we think we’ll be back at Ibrox .
Personally I’m thinking March , for the run in and the biggest party ever seen
The Gov are saying it will be April before they are immunising over 50's. May get ramped up if things go well rite enuf.

We can only hope.

The Government don't expect mass roll out to happen until the 2nd half of next year. There will still be restrictions in place for a good while yet imo.

I don't see any reason why we can't start to get some reduced crowds back into our stadiums within the next couple of months though like what is happening down South just now.

Let the arguing begin about what 5k should be allowed into Ibrox every other week for our first proper title tilt in a decade.... :eek: :D

Because there is an entire country to vaccinate.

The vaccine also doesnt make you immune til 4 weeks after the 2nd dose. Which is given 3 weeks after the first dose. So it is 7 weeks before you are immune.

The vaccine is of course a positive thing but people need to be realistic on the time it's going to take to.make a difference.
People do need to be realistic yes, there are still 6 months of the season left for example, why on earth would it take until next season to then allow fans in? There are already fans returning in some parts of country.

The entire country as you put it will not be vaccinated either, millions will refuse, the kids and all under 16s won’t be offered it either, when the elderly and those at risk are vaccinated which will happen soon, the strain on the NHS will also ease considerably which again will allow for the loosening of restrictions. Other vaccines will come into to play too which will speed things up.

Of course there won’t be a full Ibrox this season, but I would be willing to bet there will be a few thousand allowed to return.

The Government don't expect mass roll out to happen until the 2nd half of next year. There will still be restrictions in place for a good while yet imo.

I don't see any reason why we can't start to get some reduced crowds back into our stadiums within the next couple of months though like what is happening down South just now.

Let the arguing begin about what 5k should be allowed into Ibrox every other week for our first proper title tilt in a decade.... :eek: :D
I cant see the 5k being still at least the 1st april in order for the R rate to drop and 3 months of vaccines.
There wont be many in care homes/key workers that attend the football.
And there getting first hit.
It must be remembered that from the initial injection theres a 3 week gap then a week to take effect.

I cant see the 5k being still at least the 1st april in order for the R rate to drop and 3 months of vaccines.
There wont be many in care homes/key workers that attend the football.
And there getting first hit.
It must be remembered that from the initial injection theres a 3 week gap then a week to take effect.

5k was just a throwaway number. Nippy should start allowing small crowds into the stadiums early next year all going well given we are normally a few weeks behind England with everything that we do. There is a lot of pressure from the Scottish FA to start allowing crowds back in soon as well.

I know for a fact though that mass roll out of the vaccine isn't planned to happen until the 2nd half of next year so that means no full Ibrox for 55 if it happens this season.

George Square will need to do for the title party.

Think they already said they would use sports grounds and the likes and the SECC if it’s still set up for it. It won’t be just GP’s administering. My fear is the flu jab was a rip roaring disaster so I hope lessons have been learned.
That s not good for traffic/ movement of people to spread it.

I dont see the need to administer the vaccine outwith local health centres.
There s approx 10,000 people in Kilsyth.
Roughly it would take 3 months to do everyone.

Think they already said they would use sports grounds and the likes and the SECC if it’s still set up for it. It won’t be just GP’s administering. My fear is the flu jab was a rip roaring disaster so I hope lessons have been learned.
The flu jab was a mess because they used the wrong data base system.

Surely once all vulnerable and elderly are vaccinated the rest of us can get back to normal and get the vaccine as more becomes available

Majority of us won’t be affected by it still spreading anyway so I’ll be pissed off if we can’t get full normality until we’re all jagged up
Should be the case giving what the powers that be are suggesting

We keep hearing that it is about protecting the vulnerable. Surely once the elderly and high risk population are vaccinated then the rest of us can return to normal, unless it is more about control.

There will still be social distancing in effect.
You can't have a packed surgery like there was in the past for the flu jab.
I get that, but you cant get into a surgery anyway.
You need to social distance wherever you have it.
Obviously, managed correctly then only so many will be contacted at any one time.

Dont allow gingers back into the stadium and chose season ticket holders with low mygers points and give them triple points for each home game. :D

Back