Wolves Manchester Utd or Arsenal

Gartcoshloyal

What English team would you take if they get through. I would worry about Wolves more than the other two, but would love to beat Man Utd

Arsenal
Man U
Wolves
In that order.The Emirates would be great (for a competitive fixture) done Man U away twice,Wolves are an excellent team.

I think wolves would be the hardest fixture at the moment. Bring on any of the other two

Wolves lost and drew with Braga when Braga were shite.

We've just twice gubbed the new improved version, who are beating everyone comfortably.

Absolutely nothing to fear from any of the English teams.

The way they play would suit us perfectly.

They all have a MASSIVE financial advantage over us and would all beat us comfortably unfortunately.

The halcyon days of going toe to toe in a Battle of Britain tie are long gone.

Timmy might have sneaked a couple of draws with Citeh reserves in the CL but that would not happen in the knock-out stages.

I want the easiest draw possible.

Cluj would be fine.

What English team would you take if they get through. I would worry about Wolves more than the other two, but would love to beat Man Utd
[/QUOTE]
Playing and perhaps even beating Man U would be global football news.
Be fun watching the bbc ignoring it particularly if their team mess it up tonight.

They all have a MASSIVE financial advantage over us and would all beat us comfortably unfortunately.

Timmy might have sneaked a couple of draws with Citeh reserves in the CL but that would not happen in the knock-out stages.

Cluj would be fine.
How we got this far is a wonder:rolleyes::))

I’m torn between wanting a ‘glamour tie’ Milan, Roma, Arsenal (or Utd/Wolves) and a time where we’d go in as favourites - Sporting, Porto, Linz, Malmo etc - I suppose I’d be happiest if we didn’t a middling team like frankfurt Getafe (who look very good) Basel, Sevilla etc who don’t quite have that CL pedigree or history and which aren’t games we’d be obvious favourites.

Honestly Wolves would be the hardest I feel.

Arsenal would be good, but Man U may be the easiest tie I think. But would rather avoid UK teams just now.

Cluj would be fine.
Jeezo mate. Have you ever said anything positive about this team. What was your prediction before the Braga tie I wonder.

Dont think Man Utd or Arsenal would fancy us to be honest.
Know a few man united fans they're still deluded

'Rangers wouldn't stand a chance against us, championship table at best. Hope we get you'

Want to draw them so we can pump them out and shut them up. I fancy our chances against any of them, Morelos would absolutely ragdoll all their defences if given half a chance. Wolves would be hardest though.

Odd times for EPL teams, but I think we would have more of a chance against Man Utd or Arsenal.

I would be more worried if we drew Wolves.

Jeezo mate. Have you ever said anything positive about this team. What was your prediction before the Braga tie I wonder.

My prediction pre-Braga was we'd win 3-2 at home and lose 1-0 away. I was very happy to be wrong.

I've said many, many positive things about us, I want the best for us always.

There is a huge space between thinking the financial gulf between English teams and our own budget is insurmountable to not ever saying anything positive about the team.

I'd rather have an easier tie than play an EPL team. It's not that difficult a concept.

Easiest tie possible for me. I was Wanting a glamour tie for the last round as felt we wouldn’t progress.
However, we are now into the last 16. If we get through the last 16 we are into the quarter finals and the ‘anything can happen’ stage.

How we got this far is a wonder:rolleyes::))

We've playe and bested some decent teams. I don't think any of them have the financial advantages of the EPL though.

What are Man U and Arsenals revenues? I'm guessing £400-500 million without checking.

Legia, Porto and Feyenoord might all have a bigger turn-over than us, but nothing like the financial clout of the EPL.

Teams with bigger budgets nearly always do better than those on smaller budgets. There is no more money for beating Arsenal than there is beating Cluj.

Why not give ourselves the best chance of progressing?

Cluj would be fine.
Beat us comfortably how?

Porto have a massive finacial advantage over us? Means f all

bring them on dont fear them at all

Beat us comfortably how?

Porto have a massive finacial advantage over us? Means f all

bring them on dont fear them at all

I actually didn't realise that Porto generated £500m of revenues so I concede that point.

I don't fear them, but it's a statistical fact that there is a correlation between wages and success in football.

I don't fear them, I just think they'd beat us. We'd lose the advantage of an aggressive , British style of play against an English team. How do you think a team turning over £50-60m would fare in the EPL?

Man utd for me as I would enjoy a win against them. I would also like Wolves to progress and meet them later on. Getting ahead of myself loyal.

Hmmm.. some on here a bit over-confident regarding our chances against Arsenal / Man U in particular imo.

Pre-Christmas when both were in a bit of a mess then yes, absolutely. But results and performances for both have improved markedly over the last month or so. In Arsenals case, Arteta seems to making a difference and let's not forget players like Aubameyang and Lacazette are capable of ripping any defence to shreds on their day. And Man U seem to have gotten a big lift from the signing of Bruno Fernandes, a truly top player imo. So we'd rightly go into both as big underdogs - not to say that we wouldn't have a chance cos we've proved our mettle on this stage and they would of course be great ties but we should be wary of over-confidence.

Wolves would represent our best chance imo...yes, a very good team on their day but still inconsistent and inexperienced at this level. I actually think we're destined to get them as it's been a possibility since QR3 so dont thinkl we will keep avoiding them.

Back