Wolves Manchester Utd or Arsenal

Would take Man utd to be honest - they are awful at the minute and I reckon we could turn them over.

I actually didn't realise that Porto generated £500m of revenues so I concede that point.

I don't fear them, but it's a statistical fact that there is a correlation between wages and success in football.

I don't fear them, I just think they'd beat us. We'd lose the advantage of an aggressive , British style of play against an English team. How do you think a team turning over £50-60m would fare in the EPL?
Wed give them a game mate, listen they might knock us out but reckon wel give them a right go.

Of course there wage bill and everything is massive compared to ours but get them at Ibrox with the place rocking we will be a match

All 3 of them teams have had off days and got beat by worse than us this season

Arsenal for a few reasons.

Big allocation..
Day out in London (we'd be bussed in and out of Manchester)..
Not seen us play at the Emirates..
Got a mate who's a big Arsenal fan who always talks scottish football down..

I'd prefer an easier tie than an English team right enough.

Man Utd would be huge, not only for the battle of britain factor but also the Gerrard factor.

Arsenal could be got at but at the same time they could hammer us on their day.

Wolves are probably the best team out of the 3.

Any of the 3 would be mouth wattering.

They all have a MASSIVE financial advantage over us and would all beat us comfortably unfortunately.

The halcyon days of going toe to toe in a Battle of Britain tie are long gone.

Timmy might have sneaked a couple of draws with Citeh reserves in the CL but that would not happen in the knock-out stages.

I want the easiest draw possible.

Cluj would be fine.

I disagree mate.

Not through blue tinted glasses, but on the actual belief we have nothing to fear from them.

Arsenal/Man Utd mid-table EPL sides now, and Wolves, whilst they are a good side they are there to be got at.

They all have a MASSIVE financial advantage over us and would all beat us comfortably unfortunately.

Timmy might have sneaked a couple of draws with Citeh reserves in the CL but that would not happen in the knock-out stages.

Cluj would be fine.

Sorry mate, but a financial advantage doesn't have the same relevance in a knockout competition as it does over the season in a league.

If an out of form Braga can pump Wolves, then there's certainly nothing to stop a well organised, counter attacking Rangers turning them over too.

Of those three, I'd honestly expect Wolves to be the toughest opponents for us.

Man U and Arsenal can be very flaky and would attack us pretty relentlessly, leaving us a chance of picking them off 2008-style.

I suspect Wolves would be a different animal, but very tough to crack. Just IMHO

Beating any English team would cheer me up, but Man Utd mostly.

they aren't what they were and I'm sure it'd rub salt in the wounds if they were knocked out by a team they once sang "Subbuteo league, you're having a laugh" at.

Take it everyone saying we'd have no chance because of the financial gulf between us and the English teams weren't in Perth last weekend.

I want Man Utd that would be some tie would be incredible and it would be close.

Dont think playing Arsenal would suit us for some reason but we would beat Wolves im confident of that.

So we can play the tims ? oh well give us the filth with honest refs/officials still be a tough test ofcourse but id make Rangers slight favs to win if theres no bias/corruption.

Cluj would be fine.
Man united would not comfortably beat us ffs

I would love to put out Man U, feel we owe them one. And Gerrard is no fan of theirs either so it would make it quite tasty.

Any of the teams we could face will be tough, we just need to deal with what faces us at the time, whoever it may be.

It would be a huge boost for Rangers in terms of morale and status if we could advance beyond the next round and then ride our luck as far as we can in the tournament. Given where we are now as a team, I fear being drawn next against either of the 3 remaining EPL teams might result in a thumping, something I'd sooner avoid.

Back