Womens Cup Final

Last 3 of our women’s games Iv been to have finished 0-0, 0-0 and 0-1 so Iv decided to give this one a miss in the hope that we get a result this time.

Mon the Bearettes

It’s a lot busier at the Toryglen side…lot of families (us & them) milling around.

Too family friendly for a bitter old cuunt like me.:D
I’ve seen a few of them buying tickets from the portacabin at the Rangers end.

Surely to f uck they have one at their own end?

Smelly bastards.

Read an article on the BBC website about the game and it included this nugget:

McAneny replaces Kit Loferski, who was meant to come on as a substitute in the semi-final but was subbed back off without stepping onto the pitch due to a problem with her earring. Aye, really.

Malky Thomson hasn't a clue, thank Christ this is his last game. Rangers have been dreadful, clear a goal was coming yet he waits till we are two down to make changes.

Malky Thomson hasn't a clue, thank Christ this is his last game. Rangers have been dreadful, clear a goal was coming yet he waits till we are two down to make changes.
Over the last few seasons I thought that was part of the job remit lol

If Rangers a paying out what they’re supposed to be paying, should we not have a manager the likes of Shelly Kerr, that at least has a Female football brain. As a p.s. also players with a Rangers background, and for gods sake try to find a F M Goalkeeper!

Celtic deserved to win. They were faster, sharper, stronger. Rangers play a slower technical game based on possession and short passing. Celtic go direct. In the women’s game as played in Scotland strength, pace and power will win.

They way Rangers played makes me think those teams at the bottom of the league must be totally abysmal.
Unfortunately we get sucked into watching and get involved in the old firm part of it but that display was an affrontment.

If Rangers a paying out what they’re supposed to be paying, should we not have a manager the likes of Shelly Kerr, that at least has a Female football brain. As a p.s. also players with a Rangers background, and for gods sake try to find a F M Goalkeeper!
Shelley Kerr is head of women's development at the English FA. No way she comes back for our wages.

Do you know if the 1.5M is the financial loss of the women's team, or overall expenditure?

I’m not sure how accurate £1.5m is, I initially heard £1.2m, but whatever is spent isn’t a direct loss on Rangers, income from DCP, BioWave and other women’s team income is also included in it.

We’ll be making a loss of some sort I don’t doubt that, but it’s nowhere near what people think it is.

The full figure also covers the cost of the entire women’s and girls academy, not just the women’s first team.

I’m not sure how accurate £1.5m is, I initially heard £1.2m, but whatever is spent isn’t a direct loss on Rangers, income from DCP, BioWave and other women’s team income is also included in it.

We’ll be making a loss of some sort I don’t doubt that, but it’s nowhere near what people think it is.

The full figure also covers the cost of the entire women’s and girls academy, not just the women’s first team.

I too believe that is the case. So with advertising and other revenue, the total costings will be far below £1m.

We're Rangers, is that such a cost to have a Women's team represent us?

What would it say to young Bearettes that there is no Rangers Women's team but Celtic have one? Hearts & Hibs have one?

Jeez even Motherwell & Partick Thistle have one.

I saw a proud guy on here post his daughter played for Rangers Girls Academy. He should be proud and so should she. That's befitting of our club and her.

Any club of any stature in 2023 has a Women's team. The problem is we've not had back in results what our investment has deserved but that does not mean it shouldn't exist nor continue to be invested in to the same level.

Don’t watch a lot of woman’s football but went to the Rangers v Glasgow City game and watched the final today. I’m shocked at how poor the standard is tbh.
Don’t really know what I was expecting but it was something better than the dreadful quality I’ve had the misfortune to watch.

No idea why they've subbed off Brogan Hay in both the last 2 games. Seemed like the only player with any technical quality at all.

I guess it’s the difference between us and a team like Man City in the CL. It’s what we aspire to. Some of the top class women European and American teams have a good standard of skill but will obviously will be let down physically. The difference between men and women’s tennis and golf.

I guess it’s the difference between us and a team like Man City in the CL. It’s what we aspire to. Some of the top class women European and American teams have a good standard of skill but will obviously will be let down physically. The difference between men and women’s tennis and golf.

I think it goes deeper than that.

I've read all the comments about the standard of Women's football. "It's Sunday league at best" is the cry. Perhaps it is.

Have you read what even English Championship teams think of us and the SPL? Much the same.

Have you watched an Old Firm game then switched to Man city vs Liverpool or the equivalent? They're miles above in technique and stamina. We're just nowhere near as good.

My point is, to those who dislike the Women's game as it so inferior, that's what the top level of football thinks about us and is to us....does it stop you being a Rangers fan? Of course not.

These women are representing Rangers, same as the men. The product is not top quality, same as the men.

We support them 'cause they're Rangers.

Back