Won’t be popular but I think we should off load Lafferty

Lafferty will get game time when Liewell gets his way and Morelos receives a 20 match ban for breathing.

Just read an article and it sounds like Stevies going to be going with 2 up so we need 4 IMO.
Defoe Alfie Kent
With.
Middleton.
Grezda.
Candias.
Lafferty
Hardie.
As back up

So So many options now Everywher, I also believe we ain't finished shopping yet, another 1 to arrive.
We're certainly going for the throat now that's pretty evident to All.

Don't know about anyone else but I can't wait to get started again and quick!,

Lafferty is under-rated, by some. We don't have many who retain the ball as well as Lafferty, and he's not too bad at using it either. He is a very important member of our squad, and came in for special mention from the manager only last month.

He'll be absolutely vital in the title run in.
Watch how he goes from a big dumpling to a wonder striker around Easter time.

The trio of McGregor, Davis and Lafferty have been around the block and won silverware with us. I would be for keeping a hold of him for this season at least.

I really don’t get this place. We are getting ready for a title run in and people are wanting to punt our 3rd choice striker just because. Lafferty probably wasn’t quite good enough to be 2nd choice but is perfectly good enough as a 3rd option.

It’s hard for Lafferty he is a 100% confidence striker but he needs a run to get that confidence. I cannot see him been sold in January but maybe in the summer if he does not contribute.

Absolutely no reason for this. The pruning of the squad should be where MA has focused - the loanees such as Pena, Herrera, Alnwick, Barjonas, Holt, Dodoo, etc and maybe surplus midfielders like Rossiter. No chance we should go back to 2 strikers - the sheep semi final showed that.

Just me that thinks he’s a very good backup? Two against Motherwell. One in villareal. Realistically one against Dundee but chalked off because of a diddy linesman.

Had so so many unlucky chances where keepers have pulled off exceptional saves.

Him Fredo and Defoe and potentially young Hardie are good options to have

Great idea, then we'll be back to having 1 striker the next time Morelos gets banned and need to pray Defoe doesn't get injured.

Big Lafferty uses the pre split games as his pre season, his goals in the last few games will secure 55.

I'm being quite serious here (and I am not a massive Lafferty fan) the OP's thinking reflects the very unstable and temporary mindset of a lot of our support. A couple of duff results in 2019 early doors will see easily 30% seriously question SG's ability to see the job out.

A barren season will without doubt see SG close to tipping point with the support ready to swing into "he's not the guy" mode if we started the following season indifferently.

The modern era and the demands of Rangers fans are not a good fit at all. You would need to be a tad insane not to be reasonably worried how SG gets the time to do the job if he doesn't deliver a trophy.

The OP is nuts we require as strong a squad as possible.

I must admit I was never a fan of his coming back for a second spell and now I really don’t see where he fits into this team.

I would take the first offer that came in for him

I'd retain. He started very well. Isn't phased by playing for rangers. Had niggling injuries and won't rock the boat being a sub.

He is a fan as well. He is talented and has no fear of Celtic.

Lafferty had some great performances when he signed .He hasnt had much game time lately because of the form Morelos has been in .He undoubtedly still has the ability to be a match winner for us when he gets his chance imo .
Down to 9 men against Ufa I remember Lafferty working like crazy. The whole team did, but one standout moment in the game for me was big Kyle pushing up to knock down a high ball, then chasing his own knock down, pressing the defender who collected it, then turning tail and running as fast as he could to get back and defend. What a warrior on the night, and so were all the guys who played in that match without being sent off.

What we need in that dressing room are players who knows what it takes to win a league title with Rangers.we now have three players in Mcgregor,Lafferty and now Davis who did it in three campaigns in a row.if we are in a tight race towards the end of the season that experience will be invaluable

He has performed in line with what I expected given how poor his overall game is (even last season when he scored loads). However he does look dangerous occassionally e.g. vs St Johnstone (he was really unfortunate not to score & effectively changed the game).

There is no reason to get shot of him now. We need squad depth & as a back up he is fine.

He offers us something Defoe and Morelos don’t.
He can link up with either of them and cause defences huge problems.
He is a huge step up from Umar Sadiq

I must admit I was never a fan of his coming back for a second spell and now I really don’t see where he fits into this team.

Lafferty is unlikely to be available. There will be times during the remainder of the season when as a starter but more likely as a sub, big Kyle will be a good option to have around.

Down to 9 men against Ufa I remember Lafferty working like crazy. The whole team did, but one standout moment in the game for me was big Kyle pushing up to knock down a high ball, then chasing his own knock down, pressing the defender who collected it, then turning tail and running as fast as he could to get back and defend. What a warrior on the night, and so were all the guys who played in that match without being sent off.
Also thought he had a great game v Motherwell.and Villareal.He will be a valuable player in the second half of the season i have no doubts about it .

He has been unlucky with a few chances in his last three or four games. Keepers have pulled off worldies, woodwork, poor decisions by the officials. Needs one to bounce off his arse to get that break then he will come good.

This place does my nut. Constant shitey digs on the guy.

He hardly gets a run, when he comes on - he does a job. Makes an absolute nuisance of himself, gives defenders a torrid time, chases everything, makes very good decisions on the ball, pings it from outside the box and forces a save, never gives up.

He has done nothing wrong. Alfie has done very well the first half of the season, that's no reflection on Lafferty - who is still a very good footballer.

"Hurrrr durrrrr, if I don't see him he's suddenly not good enough."

Absolute basic behaviour.

Looking forward to him playing beside Defoe. Two older pros who will likely read each other very well.

He's great backup for injuries and/or suspensions. Just not the type of player who will bring what is needed comin off the bench on 75th minute.

I was definitely lukewarm about him returning and to be honest, I want it to work but he hasn’t really taken the chances that he has had and he looks to be playing within himself again.

I still expect him to turn into some sort of goal scoring machine by Easter right enough!

He is clearly the number 2 striker at best and needs to really hit some form when given the chance.
He does have the experience of scoring the goals to win Rangers titles though and in the second half of the season that will be vital.

Definately not popular with me.So many Bears forgetting big Kyle is a bear that hibernates.Just wait for spring to come
around and he will be rattling them in again.He usually does last couple of months of the season.hopefully he's still doing it for us.

I get the feeling morelos will be a target of the refs to appease the vermin ,Defoe has missed time before with nagging injuries ,big Kyle isn’t everybody’s cup of tea ,we might need him .

Great idea, then we'll be back to having 1 striker the next time Morelos gets banned and need to pray Defoe doesn't get injured.

Big Lafferty uses the pre split games as his pre season, his goals in the last few games will secure 55.
Exactly,funny how so many Bears have such short memories.The guy is dynamite after the split.

I'm being quite serious here (and I am not a massive Lafferty fan) the OP's thinking reflects the very unstable and temporary mindset of a lot of our support. A couple of duff results in 2019 early doors will see easily 30% seriously question SG's ability to see the job out.

A barren season will without doubt see SG close to tipping point with the support ready to swing into "he's not the guy" mode if we started the following season indifferently.

The modern era and the demands of Rangers fans are not a good fit at all. You would need to be a tad insane not to be reasonably worried how SG gets the time to do the job if he doesn't deliver a trophy.

The OP is nuts we require as strong a squad as possible.

Bloody hell mate, you didn’t half take a long time to get to the point.

To be honest, going by most opinions you could have just posted the last sentence

In all seriousness, most of them are absolutely correct, I should have looked at the bigger picture

Back