Won’t be popular but I think we should off load Lafferty

Lafferty was the difference at St Johnstone away , coming on to link up with Alfredo to basically secure us a win.

Can we stop the trying to offload our players talk? Far too much of it going on IMO.

To win trophys you need a strong squad with different options. The gaffer knows this.

It's vital that we have a bit of depth to the squad and if Lafferty is happy to be bit part and do a job when called on (i.e. stick the ball in the net) then he shouldn't be let go unless he is replaced by someone better.

Anyway, there's a lot of others who should free up wages etc. before him.

Agree 100% - he has done nothing to make me want him at the club other than sitting next to me in the Bill Struth !

We have one hothead in Alfredo , we got JD in the door and have Hardie, Dallas and Rudden in the wings . the latter still at Falkirk I believe ?

Lafferty is still to come alive
Agreed. He will score important goals as he always has. Glad we have him and not somewhere else. A club challenging for honours needs 4 decent strikers on the books that can’t be denied. We are so close we can smell it. Having someone like him in dressing room could be the difference

I was against him signing.

I'd get rid of him tomorrow. Brings nothing to our game.

Sorry, but he has never been good enough - first or second time around.

Dallas would be a better option.

I was against him signing.

I'd get rid of him tomorrow. Brings nothing to our game.

Sorry, but he has never been good enough - first or second time around.

Dallas would be a better option.
Have you seen Dallas play???
As I said as others have Lafferty turned the game our way against St Johnstone.he has scored goals and lead the line well in Villarreal

Have you seen Dallas play???
As I said as others have Lafferty turned the game our way against St Johnstone.he has scored goals and lead the line well in Villarreal
I've just never seen it with Lafferty.

And for someone so tall he win's nothing in the air.

We have one hothead in Alfredo , we got JD in the door and have Hardie, Dallas and Rudden in the wings . the latter still at Falkirk I believe ?

The manager has talked about the need for experience. All being well, things are likely to get intense over the next few months. I'd rather have Lafferty in the squad rather than looking to Hardie or Dallas, for example.

I’ve never been a Lafferty fan, but he should be kept as backup, but can he play for a third team in one season anyway?

His playing style isn’t suited to being a back up I feel.

He isn’t going to get the run of games etc required as that’s not his role in the team - he is a player who is supposed to and only ever will get limited minutes rather than any kind of run of games.

He came on against St Johnstone and got us out of complete hole.
He has his place, regardless if he doesn't fit into the initial starting 11 setup.
He's also excellent for team morale and I don't think anyone would be surprised if him and Davis link up for the odd goal.

This "he'll come alive in April/May" is tiresome.

I love SG, but he has been badly advised with regard to Lafferty being brought back. There has to have been far better options out there.

Poor touch, poor control, lack of composure, wins nothing in the air and isn't prolific whatsoever.

What is it that people are seeing in the guy that makes them think he adds value to our team/squad ????

I don't think he has been a good signing, and i wasn't keen on it at the time, but i'd be keeping until the end of the season at the very least. Morelos will more than likely miss games through suspension between now and May, we don't know how quick Defoe will get up to speed, Lafferty can still play his part.

I wasn't keen on Lafferty's return but it's no surprise he has reverted back to his old self. The early form predictably wore wore off then followed the N Ireland fiasco and the nonsense in the papers. He's went back into a comfort zone and third choice is probably just about right I still don't believe Gerrard was the one that wanted him.

I wasn't keen on Lafferty's return but it's no surprise he has reverted back to his old self. The early form predictably wore wore off then followed the N Ireland fiasco and the nonsense in the papers. He's went back into a comfort zone and third choice is probably just about right I still don't believe Gerrard was the one that wanted him.
Agreed.

I don't for one second believe that Steven Gerrard said "go and get me Kyle Lafferty".

Very strange signing.

Then who did?

Agreed.

I don't for one second believe that Steven Gerrard said "go and get me Kyle Lafferty".

Very strange signing.
It was a bit of a panic signing and a waste of money. He has never been prolific & never been good enough for Rangers.

Hardie is a better option right now.

When Ryan Hardie has scored 20 goals in a season you can make that argument.

For now Lafferty is fine as back up.

When Ryan Hardie has scored 20 goals in a season you can make that argument.

For now Lafferty is fine as back up.
Bringing in Lafferty was the original mistake. A different forward/striker should have been identified. That's the issue for me.

Agree,personally feel that the best has yet to come from Kyle,second part of this season soooooo important for us.

Lafferty notoriously comes alive in the last few months of the season. He is going to help us win 55.

Just out of interest, has he continued the trend of "coming alive" at the tail end of the season with the various other clubs he's played for since he left us the first time in 2012. He's actually played for six different teams since then and scored just over 30 goals in that time. Not prolific no matter which way you look at it.

Just out of interest, has he continued the trend of "coming alive" at the tail end of the season with the various other clubs he's played for since he left us the first time in 2012. He's actually played for six different teams since then and scored just over 30 goals in that time. Not prolific no matter which way you look at it.
This.

The myth that "he comes alive in the last couple of months" is utterly insane - and factually incorrect.

Lafferty will score 5-6 goals after the split to win us the title

It’s his time to shine

Why folk want rid is beyond me

There seems we must always have a whipping boy for some odd reason

We got exactly what we should have expected when we signed him.

A striker who tries hard, is a danger but only scores 1 or 2 goals every 3-4 games.

He's never been a prolific goalscorer.

For the money we paid he's good value.

If he used his size and height to win balls in the air and use strength to bully defenders then fair enough - he'd be offering something 'different'. But for a man of his height/size to not be a threat in the air or really trouble defenders, that really isn't good enough for what we need. And he is not a goal threat. His career stats show that clearly.

If he used his size and height to win balls in the air and use strength to bully defenders then fair enough - he'd be offering something 'different'. But for a man of his height/size to not be a threat in the air or really trouble defenders, that really isn't good enough for what we need. And he is not a goal threat. His career stats show that clearly.
He has never been a player you lob a high ball to,to get the best out of him you play the ball into space for him to run on to.

Lafferty will score 5-6 goals after the split to win us the title

It’s his time to shine

Why folk want rid is beyond me

There seems we must always have a whipping boy for some odd reason
His critics on here just refuse point blank to acknowledge anything positive he does on the pitch.it was the same in his first spell,when he played well and scored their would be silence from his critics but the second he had a bad game they would be on his back.

He has never been a player you lob a high ball to,to get the best out of him you play the ball into space for him to run on to.
I guess we just have a difference of opinion of him mate. I've never rated him and have generally been unimpressed by his performances in a Rangers jersey. I've seen enough of him to see that we could do so much better and I am stunned that he is back at the club.

Whether you like/want him or not, the only option this window is to loan or sell him back to Hearts, and I don't see that happening.

Back