Wondered about Berra comments on Sky

Berra got chucked under the bus at Hearts if I recall, cried about it to the press.

only thing worse than one of them is a hurting version of one of them!

Berra got chucked under the bus at Hearts if I recall, cried about it to the press.

only thing worse than one of them is a hurting version of one of them!
Hearts fans seem to think Stendal sussed him out and got him to fck. Given his career since he left I’d say it was one of the few things he got right

I'm far from a Hearts fan but they gave him a living for 10 years or so, so their fans are entitled to be angry. There is no way that was an honest analysis last night and that's all viewers want from these guys

Only Boyd had integrity, last night

Tin hat on but as a defender you play to the whistle…

That said, not much could be done at the cross, I’d say.

Berra is there to offer a Hearts perspective i would suggest. To not call the goal out as offside is a dereliction of duty. Not surprised the jambos are unhappy with his lack of support for them.

I'm all for rivalries, passion, loyalty, emotion and all that.

But there is a bitterness that runs right through Scottish football, from side to side and from top to bottom that I don't think exists anywhere else.
Berra is there to offer a Hearts perspective i would suggest. To not call the goal out as offside is a dereliction of duty. Not surprised the jambos are unhappy with his lack of support for them.
It was his whole demeanour that surprised me. He was like a rabbit in the headlights, petrified of saying what he thought
Kept looking at Boydy to jump in
Won’t get to many more gigs I reckon

My memory of Berra is on an old version of Football Manager he wouldn’t play for my Scotland team as he was holding out for a France place… I wonder if that was his dream in real life.

H
See, that's where I think people are going wrong. The defenders made a poor choice even if the linesman had flagged for it.

To use a Rangers example of recent times - the first Ross County goal at Ibrox. Still don't know for certain if that was onside or not, but Balogun made a poor choice by not tracking the runner. If the linesman had flagged it would have bailed him out, rather than justify the decision.
Hold on, are you saying the defender should have made an approach and in doing so would have played him onside then we would be saying, what a prick

Jambos I know have no time for Berra. Apparently he was getting slaughtered on Jambos Kickback last night.

His part about Boydys blue tinted specs mad too. It was offside, completely objective so backgrounds & persuasions don’t come into it.

Defo slap in the face an ex player/team mate, a defender into the bargain, being critical of not marking someone offside.

Its' Keevins analysis, and I f*cking hate that.

The whole it shouldn't matter if a team lose a goal that's offside, a foul etc and so on thing, they should just play better and have to both win AND defeat poor decisions, it's utter pish.

The defense have done exactly what they would be coached to do there, they shouldn't have to be coached to get around a linesman not doing their job as well.
100%

I see the Hearts fans are not happy with Berra saying they could’ve defended better at the “goal”. The players were expecting the Japanese player to be given offside but Berra thought they should’ve blocked the cross.

Hearts supporters saying he’s bitter about being released by them.

Had a good laugh at their anger.
How often did Berra sell the jerseys against Celtic.

Clearly offside?

Naw,,,,,,

He was so far off he was saying Konnichiwa to his ma at the Tokyo airport!!!!!

And if that linesman doesn't see it he shouldn't be there

encouragement inspirational poems
I think he's off but it's marginal. His knee is in front of the ball to me. A linesman calling that in real time would be guessing imo. If that was us I'd expect the goal.

Creepily Michael Stewart always seems to refer to him as Christoph in commentary, so all in all a pair of c%^nts then as far as FF is concerned :)

I'm all for rivalries, passion, loyalty, emotion and all that.

But there is a bitterness that runs right through Scottish football, from side to side and from top to bottom that I don't think exists anywhere else.
The sheer levels of corruption and insidious organised assistance of one side is beyond parallel.

The English FA is independent, with professionals there to run the game for the greater good for all.

Compare and contrast where Celtc have controlled the game’s bodies through employees, fans and placemen in positions of power.

From McGinn to Liewell, from Rhegan to Doncaster, from Mulraney to Petrie and that idiot Roger Mitchell, this litany of favouritism could never exist elsewhere.

From our demotion and illegal punishments to their referees’s strike and their being allowed to abuse the death of Phil O’Donnell, it’s beyond belief.

The Hearts fans, players and board members should be going to town on the SFA, SPFL and Celtic for out and out cheating.

I always find it strange that whenever a team, and more especially us and them, benefits from poor/dodgy officials decisions that team are called cheats. Where, exactly did Celtic cheat last night with that goal? If any was cheating involved, and I'd hate to think there was, it is with the match officials.

I think he's off but it's marginal. His knee is in front of the ball to me. A linesman calling that in real time would be guessing imo. If that was us I'd expect the goal.
He was never onside, if you watch the reply he was a yard offside during the whole build up... look at the cut lines on the pitch, the line of Hearts defence, its not really difficult to work out, there's no optical illusion here, he's clearly offside, not by a knee or a marginal hand or finger, by a whole yard !!

This is what one of the tims at my work was trying to come away with when challenged about them getting favourable decisions .
He was absolutely slaughtered for it by all and sundry.
And rightly so...

I think the notion hes mad at Hearts is slightly misguided.

Id suggest he simply has been paying attention and worked out if you say negative things about Rangers youll will get more media work and by extension taking Celt!c's line in any particular argument will have the exact same effect.

Basically if he agrees with Boyd he can kiss a career in the Scottish Media goodbye.

Tin hat on but as a defender you play to the whistle…

That said, not much could be done at the cross, I’d say.
This is not about defending,it’s about the officials doing their job properly and about pundits saying what they see without fear or favour

I always find it strange that whenever a team, and more especially us and them, benefits from poor/dodgy officials decisions that team are called cheats. Where, exactly did Celtic cheat last night with that goal? If any was cheating involved, and I'd hate to think there was, it is with the match officials.
Septic cheated by continuing a policy of intimidation against match officials making their job extremely difficult to do honestly and fairly.
The list of examples is long but probably the most telling recent example is their AGM where their Chairman confirmed that they regularly complain about referee performances(but only when they get beaten) and the Scottish Government costing them 10 in a row

Berra shat it from the question, meandered onto VAR etc. Also he’s not entirely wrong about their defence, they should’ve blocked the cross but once it went in, their CBs should’ve had the hand up screaming offside, they didn’t do either.

Looking at the highlights of the game, I was a bit surprised their backline didn't drop to the line of the ball at least - that's the minimum you'd expect.

I suppose it happened at a bit of pace so maybe that caught them out. If they were deliberately looking for the offside there, I'd argue that's poor defending.
High lines, low lines, sidelines, backlines, is he offside or not?

Just yes or no?

Septic cheated by continuing a policy of intimidation against match officials making their job extremely difficult to do honestly and fairly.
The list of examples is long but probably the most telling recent example is their AGM where their Chairman confirmed that they regularly complain about referee performances(but only when they get beaten) and the Scottish Government costing them 10 in a row

Celtic have had this paranoia all my lifetime, it is part of their DNA to feel they are being hard done by, hence the mantra "never defeated, always cheated".

By the way I would imagine all clubs, including ourselves, moan to the SFA when they are on the receiving end of poor decisions. The Celtic board were just answering a question put to them at their AGM by their overly paranoid support, and did so in a manner that seemed to suggest they are on it. But as I say I'd be disappointed if we weren't doing likewise and would give a similar answer if asked.

A toe is enough to be offside. In the build up he was 2 yards offside and never at any time came onside clear as day watch it again.

the mentally challenged was ripping out Berra, right down to his green brigade style jumper

Back