Woody from the surrey true blues

dublinbluenose

Really sad to read woody from the surrey true blues has passed away.woody was a great support to the Dublin Loyal,he never missed a bash we put on.
I first came across woody on the way back on the tram back from our 1-1 draw in Stuttgart and he held the whole carriage in the palm of his hand with his stories and had everyone in stitches.
The Dublin Loyal spent a day with woody and Harry from the stb in the stonefield in Blantyre one Sunday after our bash and i don’t think we stopped laughing all day and it’s a day none of us in the Dublin Loyal will ever forget.
On behalf of myself and the Dublin Loyal I want to send our condolences to woody’s family and the lads and lassies in the surrey true blues.
Sleep well woody

Last edited:
Always sad news to hear the passing of a good Bear thoughts with family and Friends.

R.I.P Bear

That's sad, met him at one of the NARSA conventions, can't remember which one.
A character and instantly likeable guy.
Condolences!

Last edited:
Really sad to read woody from the surrey true blues has passed away.woody was a great support to the Dublin Loyal,he never missed a bash we put on.
I first came across woody on the way back on the tram back from our 1-1 draw in Stuttgart and he held the whole carriage in the palm of his hand with his stories and had everyone in stitches.
The Dublin Loyal spent a day with woody and Harry from the stb in the stonefield in Blantyre one Sunday after our bash and i don’t think we stopped laughing all day and it’s a day none of us in the Dublin Loyal will ever forget.
On behalf of myself and the Dublin Loyal I want to send our condolences to woody’s family and the lads and lassies in the surrey true blues.
Sleep well woody
RIP woody,thoughts with the family x

Met quite a few of the STBs at the Berkshire RSC a number of times, every chance Woody was among them, but cant be certain. Always had a great laugh with all of the guys from STBs.

Condolences to his family and the Surrey True Blues.
RIP Woody

Took Woody to his first Rangers game back in the 60s when we about 11 years old stayed in the next street to each other in Bridgeton we were hooked after that. RIP old friend.
Funnily enough that’s what he was talking about on the tram back from the game in Stuttgart when I first came across him ,his upbringing in bridgeton

Great guy. I was a member of the club while working in Croydon 12-15 yrs ago they were based down at Carshalton In the football clubs social club and Graham Roberts was the manager there at the time many a great days spent down there with a great bunch of guys. RIP Woody

Back