Work at Edmiston House - good to see the progress

Why? It will be a totally different market to just Rangers fans going in to the Louden. As I suggested above, the club must get as much cash back as possible and will be looking for every revenue market it can. This is Rangers that have tried to squeeze as much cash as possible from actual supporters so, Id be amazed if they dont try to do the same to non fans and neutrals that are just visiting the city. This could be marketed as a must see tourist attraction to get as much cash from it.

The club could try and have it even included as a stop on the red tourist buses that you see in the city centre.
If they can do it then brilliant but I don’t see there being an appetite for 7 days. Ibrox isn’t exactly near anywhere folk would go for a beer.

I think , the club will do what they can to make as much out of this as possible and if they can open 7 days, I think they will.
There is no way on earth that there will be enough people passing to make opening outside match days and events worthwhile. People seem
To think that the stadium is some kind of Mecca, it really isn’t, people come here on match days and the occasional wedding party and the Gallant pioneers drop off.
There is no demand for a bar/cafe/museum out with matchdays.

There is no way on earth that there will be enough people passing to make opening outside match days and events worthwhile. People seem
To think that the stadium is some kind of Mecca, it really isn’t, people come here on match days and the occasional wedding party and the Gallant pioneers drop off.
stadium tours are busy every day ‍♂️

What the fck is actually wrong with people. Seriously.

We are building a facility that will enhance our club, but that's not good enough?

This place is actually becoming fckn toxic with the amount of greeting faced moaning fckrs at every single turn, and any opportunity.

Honest to fckn God.

stadium tours are busy every day ‍♂️
Tours run Thursday,Friday, Saturday and Sunday unless there is game on. If there is a game on then no tours.
I’ve lived opposite the stadium for 30 years now and the place is not exactly what you call jumping outside match days.

May as well just shut it down then

Do we know what’s happening with the top of the Broomloan? I’m sure I read we are going to be cleaning it and adding in LED lights. However that was a while ago and it’s absolutely bogging. Sky were reporting from across the road before the Napoli game right in front of the Broomloan and it was pretty embarrassing tbh!

Tours run Thursday,Friday, Saturday and Sunday unless there is game on. If there is a game on then no tours.
I’ve lived opposite the stadium for 30 years now and the place is not exactly what you call jumping outside match days.
The fact there's no one around suggests there's not much to do in the area. When NEH is opened that changes

The club are spending millions on this, they will want their cash back and I just think they will try and generate as many different ways of getting that cash back asap. This will also be a totally different experience to just doing the tour.

What the fck is actually wrong with people. Seriously.

We are building a facility that will enhance our club, but that's not good enough?

This place is actually becoming fckn toxic with the amount of greeting faced moaning fckrs at every single turn, and any opportunity.

Honest to fckn God.
Long time reader, it seems to be getting more mental here as time goes by.

For years we've had folk demanding a museum, a venue for going prematch etc.

Now they're getting it and it's not good enough. It seems there's a lot of folk who just want to have a go at the board and I don't really know why. Cause we've had a couple of shite results? That's more on the manager than the board, but it appears the board pick and set up the team.

Acht just sack it then mate.

In fact, sack the tours as well. Shut the shop, the bar, the whole fckn lot.
Why sack it, it will be busy on match days and events and will make money.
TBH there are huge amounts of people on here that want all the areas around the stadium pulled down so they can see the stadium from the motorway and Edmiston dr pedestrianised so the 18 times a year they come here it is all Rangers.
I’m just being realistic. RM only
Opens on match day and you know why? It’s because that’s what s viable. How often do you come to Ibrox out with matches?
Build it and they will come was a decent movie but opening a cafe bar at the stadium opened every day
Would be a complete waste of time and money

Tours are running every day right now unless there’s a match on.

TBH there are huge amounts of people on here that want all the areas around the stadium pulled down so they can see the stadium from the motorway and Edmiston dr pedestrianised so the 18 times a year they come here it is all Rangers.
Opens on match day and you know why? It’s because that’s what s viable. How often do you come to Ibrox out with matches?
Build it and they will come was a decent movie but opening a cafe bar at the stadium opened every day
You do know, there is such a thing as tourist /visitor attractions don't you? We do have loads of visitors to Glasgow that are neutrals and this could be a must see visitor attraction as a means to generate extra cash for the club. Its not just about us as Rangers supporters, Its also about generating as much cash as possible for the club as a whole.

Last edited:
Tours are running every day right now unless there’s a match on.
Perhaps they should update the booking system for tours then as you can only book on days stated.
I would love it if the stadium and it environs were busy enough but the reality is it isn’t. We are a wee corner of the city that doesn’t get passing traffic. How many times a week will
You visit the stadium for a tour or a wee cup of tea in the cafe

Perhaps they should update the booking system for tours then as you can only book on days stated.
I would love it if the stadium and it environs were busy enough but the reality is it isn’t. We are a wee corner of the city that doesn’t get passing traffic. How many times a week will
You visit the stadium for a tour or a wee cup of tea in the cafe
Absolute nonsense.

Ediminston house will become a place of interest for tourists and the alike. Secc, Glasgow science centre is within the vicinity of tourists.

If they advertise it well people wi visit.

Right you are I’ll bookmark this and revisit in a couple of years. BTW out with match days how often do you plan on visiting Ibrox?
It wouldn't surprise me if you did bookmark it.

Be interesting to see if in a couple of years you are still as eager to be proved right.

Have seen enough to suggest you will be though.. tragically (both for you & this forum).

The place isn’t even open yet and you’re wanting to shut it down most days.

Crazy stuff
I’m being realistic mate, why do you think the Louden is only open match days. It will be a great facility and hopefully it will attract bands etc and get a right turn on those nights. If done right space can be rented for meetings and small conferences. However as a 7 day a week venue opening as a cafe bar I really can’t see where it will get the footfall.
How many times outside match days do you intend visiting the facility on a semi regular basis?

I’m being realistic mate, why do you think the Louden is only open match days. It will be a great facility and hopefully it will attract bands etc and get a right turn on those nights. If done right space can be rented for meetings and small conferences. However as a 7 day a week venue opening as a cafe bar I really can’t see where it will get the footfall.
How many times outside match days do you intend visiting the facility on a semi regular basis?
We have hired Dave Pyatt as General manager of NEH. We took him up from 02 Academy in London I think we will have lots already in pipeline to make this work

It's not just a cafe/bar.

It's a museum/store/gift shop/cafe/bar/multipurpose venue facility which will enhance the club, and area.

Your consistent onslaught on it tonight isn't realistic.

It's pathetic.

It's not just a cafe/bar.

It's a museum/store/gift shop/cafe/bar/multipurpose venue facility which will enhance the club, and area.

Your consistent onslaught on it tonight isn't realistic.

It's pathetic.
I’ve always been sceptical of those that have been itching for a museum and of the belief it will generate regular attendees.

As Robert Marshall posted further up as well, IMO it’ll be busy once it opens as fans will be wanting to visit it to see what it’s like. Once they’ve done it once, how keen will they be to go back and visit it again? Not very IMO

The NEH will make its money on match days and from events like gigs etc IMO. I suspect it’ll be full capacity on every match day with folk having to be turned away or turn up by 12 to get in.

That then leaves a market for turning the current shop into a large sports bar which again, IMO would be rammed on matchdays too if there was TV screens showing EPL early kick offs etc, reasonably priced drink, snack type food with a mix of seating and standing capacity.

Both could be gold mines for us but I don’t see either option being opened other than matchdays / gigs and a select few week days for museum visits to begin with

I’ve always been sceptical of those that have been itching for a museum and of the belief it will generate regular attendees.

As Robert Marshall posted further up as well, IMO it’ll be busy once it opens as fans will be wanting to visit it to see what it’s like. Once they’ve done it once, how keen will they be to go back and visit it again? Not very IMO

The NEH will make its money on match days and from events like gigs etc IMO. I suspect it’ll be full capacity on every match day with folk having to be turned away or turn up by 12 to get in.

That then leaves a market for turning the current shop into a large sports bar which again, IMO would be rammed on matchdays too if there was TV screens showing EPL early kick offs etc, reasonably priced drink, snack type food with a mix of seating and standing capacity.

Both could be gold mines for us but I don’t see either option being opened other than matchdays / gigs and a select few week days for museum visits to begin with
I'd expect NEH to be open most days.

But honestly sick of this forum now...

Will be a pile of shit, not worth the time or effort, get it to fck.

Happy?

How often do people go to Hampden out with match days? Do they have passing trade?

Oh BTW did you know that they have a cafe that’s open 5 days out of 7?

Remember back in the late 80s , the govan rear used to get a membership card for edmiston house as part of our season ticket, the blue baize full sized snooker tables really improved my break building, inspirational..

Will concerts be allowed to be hosted on the same day we have a home game ? Assuming we’re a 3pm Saturday kick off

How often do people go to Hampden out with match days? Do they have passing trade?

Oh BTW did you know that they have a cafe that’s open 5 days out of 7?

Having the cafe open at Ibrox everyday is something that should be entirely feasible. You’d imagine there are office staff at Ibrox every single day. A cafe doing decent coffee and breakfast items will probably be used by most. Then you have tours, locals and tourists. Absolutely no reason why a cafe shouldn’t be open for most of the time.

Do we know what’s happening with the top of the Broomloan? I’m sure I read we are going to be cleaning it and adding in LED lights. However that was a while ago and it’s absolutely bogging. Sky were reporting from across the road before the Napoli game right in front of the Broomloan and it was pretty embarrassing tbh!
Was thinking that at the time. Probably picked that spot on purpose.

It’s been mentioned before that not everything will be visible in the museum at once, and that it’ll have themed sections that change every so often to drive people to go back again. Not sure how many will do it, but at least thinking has went into it not being a one and done experience

Last edited:
Edmiston House will be open 7 days a week.

Its going to be the club shop primarily and the other parts of it will be open based on demand.

It will be rammed matchdays and outwith that get a decent trade on days stadium tours are running.

I love FF but it's a very hard read these days. I'd hate to be pals with a large percentage of these members, but I find society on the whole is worth avoiding at all costs. Now where's that fucking asteroid? B-)
I’m finding I’m spending far more time in the Lounge these days due to the constant whining about pretty much everything.

Unless we are winning games with style and Celtic are getting pumped then the Bear Pit is an extremely negative place.

Last edited:
Absolute nonsense.

Ediminston house will become a place of interest for tourists and the alike. Secc, Glasgow science centre is within the vicinity of tourists.

If they advertise it well people wi visit.
I want it to be a success as much as the next man and I’m sure to a degree it will be.

But be realistic. Do you think Johnny tourist is going to come off the plane at Glasgow airport and say “ we simply must visit ze famous Edmiston house in govan” ?

This will be predominantly for Rangers fans to use with a new ticket office , club shop , museum and the main income will be from music events. Any tourists will be welcome but they aren’t the main target customers.

Happy?
Who says it will be a pile of shit? Your the only one saying that.
What it won’t be is a sports bar/ cafe open 7 days a week and full of punters. If you genuinely think there is enough footfall in Ibrox on a Monday afternoon to make a venue of that size viable you are living in cloud cookoo land.

With the pound so low its the best time to advertise in the USA family tree tours of Govan and Ibrox could be a hub for these. I've never seen so many tourists round Govan that I have seen this year.

I love FF but it's a very hard read these days. I'd hate to be pals with a large percentage of these members, but I find society on the whole is worth avoiding at all costs. Now where's that fucking asteroid? B-)

People surely can't be as relentlessly miserable as they are on here in real life, or they'd have no pals.

Actually, maybe that's why they are on here moaning all the time. B-)

I want it to be a success as much as the next man and I’m sure to a degree it will be.

But be realistic. Do you think Johnny tourist is going to come off the plane at Glasgow airport and say “ we simply must visit ze famous Edmiston house in govan” ?

This will be predominantly for Rangers fans to use with a new ticket office , club shop , museum and the main income will be from music events. Any tourists will be welcome but they aren’t the main target customers.

"Do you scream at Spanish waiters and ask them" do you speakio English"? :D

That's why the marketing comes in by the club to make sure its on every tourist online site as a must see tourist attraction. I would doubt very much the board are doing all this, just for Rangers fans and not for it to a cash success for the club.

Happy?
I think it’ll be a worthwhile investment for years to come. Along with a sports pub in the club shop.

My only gripe is that we’re spending millions on it during a period where materials have risen considerably whilst we have a team on the park that badly needs investment.

I've visited the Amsterdam ArenA, the Nou Camp and Spurs stadium when visiting the cities unrelated to football to do their tours and see their museums, because I'm a football fan and I find it interesting. Not think Glasgow tourists has like minded folk?

I don't think anyone is expecting it to be queued out the door on a Tuesday morning, but it's not unreasonable to have multi purpose staff manning the store and being able to sell you a pre-pack sandwich and cup of tea upstairs along with your ticket into the museum, or selling matchday tickets. As things stand, that's 3 different locations requiring heated/powered/staffed to operate, that can/will be combined into 1.

I've visited the Amsterdam ArenA, the Nou Camp and Spurs stadium when visiting the cities unrelated to football to do their tours and see their museums, because I'm a football fan and I find it interesting. Not think Glasgow tourists has like minded folk?

I don't think anyone is expecting it to be queued out the door on a Tuesday morning, but it's not unreasonable to have multi purpose staff manning the store and being able to sell you a pre-pack sandwich and cup of tea upstairs along with your ticket into the museum, or selling matchday tickets. As things stand, that's 3 different locations requiring heated/powered/staffed to operate, that can/will be combined into 1.
As have I. Like you, I’m a football man though. When I go anywhere abroad I immediately find out what the nearest football team is , stadium etc and on occasion I’ll visit it if I find the time.

The majority of “tourists” that come to Scotland aren’t. Yes we will pick up the odd few but I can guarantee you it won’t make up a big percentage of customers/visitors going to the museum.

The club aren’t daft they know this. That’s why things will be concentrated on small concerts and shows etc. That’s where the real money can be made. Not hoping some big American family who have come over to see highland cows, the Loch Ness monster and Edinburgh castle decide to randomly visit govan and snap up giant sandwiches and a few XXXXL Castore kits. As I say you’ll get the odd one but it’s not a priority.

As have I. Like you, I’m a football man though. When I go anywhere abroad I immediately find out what the nearest football team is , stadium etc and on occasion I’ll visit it if I find the time.

The majority of “tourists” that come to Scotland aren’t. Yes we will pick up the odd few but I can guarantee you it won’t make up a big percentage of customers/visitors going to the museum.

The club aren’t daft they know this. That’s why things will be concentrated on small concerts and shows etc. That’s where the real money can be made. Not hoping some big American family who have come over to see highland cows, the Loch Ness monster and Edinburgh castle decide to randomly visit govan and snap up giant sandwiches and a few XXXXL Castore kits. As I say you’ll get the odd one but it’s not a priority.
For sure not a priority, (nor the main source of income) but a great option to have and somewhere for tourists to spend some cash if they have the interest in visiting. It's ridiculously easy to get to Ibrox from the centre with the subway and Rangers should be advertising that heavily.

Back