Work at Edmiston House - good to see the progress

Some pictures from this morning-
C8-D455-C2-C3-D2-4458-9283-2-A0-EF2-AA8-A21.jpg

F4942-F4-C-149-B-4297-BE58-4-DFE9202-F814.jpg

EB0-DA2-C5-9742-4-CC4-96-C6-FB0-CD255-FE07.jpg

F6-E6-FBAE-7-E01-4-A08-8-D53-007-AAF1-E4-EBF.jpg

E80861-C4-08-F9-4-A67-9-CB3-7-BB5-AC69115-B.jpg
Still looks like a building site.

I'm really excited about it, such an opportunity to do something well. However, I know this club and have a feeling about how it's going to go. The pints will be unbelievably expensive, the playlist will be Andy Cameron's greatest hits and Marvin Andrews will be dragged out to talk over a distorted PA system every so often.
As long as it has the old firm classics video on a loop on the tv screens everyone’s a winner!:))

Once this has been paid for and completed, can we then please clean the top of dugouts? Disgusting that our team can’t pay £100 at most to clean them.

I know other people would rather invest in the squad, but honestly, i think this facility will be tremendous if utilised correctly. Should help contribute to revenue on non-matchdays as well. Hopefully helps cash-flow through the season.

This hopefully happens. Bar and cafe open 7 days a week and generating regular income. If utilised properly, it could be a goldmine.

Will be a great revenue stream once open along with the sports bar. I would like club to come out and give us an update on the sports bar situation aswel.

Give us timescales on when both will be open. Dave Pyatt NEH manager to give us an overview of the whole project so far and how things will look on operational terms when open.

In fact would love to see if it's possible if @David Edgar can get Cammy to do an interview with Dave on the project on heart and hand. The early ones with bisgrove was a great listen.

Last edited:
Will be a great revenue stream once open along with the sports bar. I would like club to come out and give us an update on the sports bar situation aswel.

Give us timescales on when both will be open. Dave Pyatt NEH manager to give us an overview of the whole project so far and how things will look on operational terms when open.

In fact would love to see if it's possible if @David Edgar can get Cammy to do an interview with Dave on the project on heart and hand. The early ones with bisgrove was a great listen.
Putting decent paving in around the place will give it a tremendous uplift if they do that.

Putting decent paving in around the place will give it a tremendous uplift if they do that.
To be fair decent paving and landscape of the whole footprint right from fans village. Copland, Sandy Jardine and Broomloan.

My little gripes are the stadium bricks. They need redone alot of them and put some protective layer on them. Along with lighting under SJ stand so you can actually see them.

Seriously though, how many volunteers could we get for these jobs, hundreds! It is embarrassing it hasn’t been sorted.
It would be great if the club were able to utilise the skills of our support to help out. Some have pointed out that insurance for those doing the work might be an issue though.

It's the little things that can bring the overall tone down and get noticed.

I have no doubt the exterior of the 3 stands / footprint will be done at some point
There was a picture posted on here a while back ,showing the completed edmiston house and The "copland way"
Not sure if it is club plans or someone's mock up but it looked smart and the exterior of the stand looked refurbished.

When does the work begin on the current club shop begin to turn it into a sports bar? And who will get into the new Edmondson house on match days
I'm sure I've read the fan zone will be for anyone with match tickets. First come basis until capacity full. I'm sure work will start when the new shop opens in NEH. Do we be looking into next year before sports bar complete. Hope club don't half arse it though. Do it proper

I'm sure I've read the fan zone will be for anyone with match tickets. First come basis until capacity full. I'm sure work will start when the new shop opens in NEH. Do we be looking into next year before sports bar complete. Hope club don't half arse it though. Do it proper
i suppose first come first served would probably be best for maximizing spending in the place,that way every chance it will fill up pretty early on match days and remain so until just before kick off, rather than giving priority to sections of the support that may chose to rock up a couple hours before kick off knowing they would gain access

i suppose first come first served would probably be best for maximizing spending in the place,that way every chance it will fill up pretty early on match days and remain so until just before kick off, rather than giving priority to sections of the support that may chose to rock up a couple hours before kick off knowing they would gain access
Was thinking about the plans for the current shop into sports bar, got a gut feeling this will be membership style of access , it won’t be able to meet the demand tbh

Was thinking about the plans for the current shop into sports bar, got a gut feeling this will be membership style of access , it won’t be able to meet the demand tbh
I'm the opposite. I'm thinking the club will be looking at it differently. Maybe something like Shearers bar at Newcastle. Memorbelia, booths, several screens etc. Something to compliment NEH, Bar 72 and Blue Sky Lounge. It won't take business away from louden.

It be a goldmine on matchdays and can be open during week when gigs etc are on in NEH. Even when people doing tours and museum on non match days pop in.

If its done right and kitted out proper then we be looking at another good income stream there.

I'm the opposite. I'm thinking the club will be looking at it differently. Maybe something like Shearers bar at Newcastle. Memorbelia, booths, several screens etc. Something to compliment NEH, Bar 72 and Blue Sky Lounge. It won't take business away from louden.

It be a goldmine on matchdays and can be open during week when gigs etc are on in NEH. Even when people doing tours and museum on non match days pop in.

If its done right and kitted out proper then we be looking at another good income stream there.
The highlighted part is what worries us all.

The highlighted part is what worries us all.
I do wonder if there's any way that we could collate ideas and put forward to the club. In exactly what we would like to see it like. Pass it back to club and then can get club to get it designed and presented to fans. Could that be an option @Greg Marshall . I know there are fans forums etc but not all of us can attend.

You know that they don't work 24/7 and have individual cabins with WiFi etc?
Mate what part of my post would suggest I didn’t understand that, you are basically backing up what I was saying. A lot of people maybe don’t get that the staff live on the boat for periods of 2 or 4 weeks at a time. They might only work for 8 hours a day but the rest of the time they have they have to fill it with something. What I was saying was exactly that, I think the lad will fill his time on the boat when not working posting about Rangers

Back