Work started on the new pitch at Ibrox

The vast majority of pitches in the world have what we're putting in. The sub air system is very rare..... TBH it's an over rated system that can do more damage than good.

It's certainly not a must.

Gleneagles had the Sub air shut off for years and only last year started using it again but very rarely.

The pitch that's being installed will be excellent and far past anything we've ever seen at Ibrox.

What does the sub air system do?

SIS are not installing the pitch as such, they will be stitching it, Allgrass are doing most of the main work.

We're doing a full Hybrid install, It's what's been needing done for the past 4 years.

We're up against the clock on this one but it'll be done in time and the results will be out standing.

around 400 tonne removal of material maybe more!

was the mentally challenged pitch not changed to hybrid but was still a midden?

ggLGurF.jpg

Celtic havce struggled with PH issues and some disease. They've just ordered state of the art lights though which I'm hoping we also get as they're a game changer but cost around 700K
I saw you comment on lights earlier mate and how expensive they were.

I assume our existing lights are a level down from the new ones they are getting? That being the case, would you consider it better for us to get MORE of the second tier lights or replace what we have with the same number of better lights? I guess there is a balancing act in play here and we can't stretch to both more AND better at the same time.

Never thought I'd be discussing the intricacies of grounds maintenance on Follow Follow ha ha.

it's the way the pitches are designed, the build up of thatch (Organic matter) throughtout the season requires removal and it's easier to lift say the top 40mm and replace it.

It makes more sense to lift than to spend months removing it with other methods.
That's not bad, I thought it would be deeper than that removed.

it's the way the pitches are designed, the build up of thatch (Organic matter) throughtout the season requires removal and it's easier to lift say the top 40mm and replace it.

It makes more sense to lift than to spend months removing it with other methods.

When you remove the top next season, do you need to restitch it as well?

The new lights are a game changer for moving them as they move via remote so limited impact of the pitch compared to just now where they're moved using a tractor/Buggy.

The time to move the lights at the moment is huge as well so it's certainly for the better.

We do require more lights but we need further power connections added to the stadium from the mains that run under the road!

It's all in discussions at the moment. Celtic needed new ones hence the upgrade.
So it's to make your job easier? :D ;)

The new lights are a game changer for moving them as they move via remote so limited impact of the pitch compared to just now where they're moved using a tractor/Buggy.

The time to move the lights at the moment is huge as well so it's certainly for the better.

We do require more lights but we need further power connections added to the stadium from the mains that run under the road!

It's all in discussions at the moment. Celtic needed new ones hence the upgrade.
Thanks mate. And good luck - and thank you - to you and the rest of the grounds team. Pitch got a lot of stick last season but you can only do your best with the tools (and budget) you are given.

Nice to see some/all of you guys get out there on Trophy Day and get a photo with Stevie G. What a souvenir that will be.:)

I had a walk round the stadium on Monday, not pics of the pitch but just how it currently looks from the outside.

gn30.png
gn31.png

Some pics of the progress as things are at the Copland end.

gn32.png
gn33.png
gn34.png

and pics of our magnificent Bill Struth Stand

gn35.png
gn36.png
gn37.png
gn38.png

Can't wait to get back there on a match day :(
She’s beautiful.

Back