Works at the Stadium Today

100% a good move , this will restrict diddy teams, wasting more time , looking for balls in the stand, as they use any excuse to waste time .
The Extra subs is a bad move in my opinion as it uses up more time , 10 subs can be made during 90 mins , I bet we don’t see the extra time added on , technically 30 secs per sub , could and should be minimum 5 mins Injury time.
Only 3 time you can make subs

Not a go at you personally mate but the amount of folk coming out with this is nuts

It won’t have an impact on time any more than it currently does because you are only allowed to stop the play 3x as we do just now. So if you’re making your 5 subs then (excluding HT substitutions) you would need to make 2 double substitutions and 1 single to have max stoppages in play

the nets are a good idea, helps speed up play and keep our intensity high
Ah right , fair enough that makes more sense , rather than having up to 10 interruptions to play for subs which would be horrendous .
On another note is SPFL having water break , as in Premiership , hopefully not ?

They were doing some jet washing outside at the Broomloan corner this morning as well. I work pretty close to the stadium and there has been a hive of activity the last few weeks, mainly outside obviously but clearly they have been battering into other areas as well. The quietest part has been the shop believe it or not, but they have been getting into that as well over the past couple of days so it’s all going well so far. Once the water works outside the stadium finish up, then we will probably see the work levels crank up.

All in all, apart from the daft signs, the place is starting to look good again.

Hopefully the nets aren’t instead of multi ball. Very epitome of how fucking tinpot this league is that we can’t afford to have mandated multiball prior to now. Total embarrassment.

I sit behind the goal in the Copeland, when they are warming up its dangerous.
I was in the CR front at a game before I had my own ST. Some boy had just sat down in his seat with a pie and a drink during warmup. Ball right in the chest, pie went 6ft in the air and the drink went over him. Thankfully not a hot one.
I’m sure he found it embarrassing enough without half the place laughing at him once they knew he was ok.

I would imagine the nets will be a BCD thing only though. Maybe except in warmups.

I was in the CR front at a game before I had my own ST. Some boy had just sat down in his seat with a pie and a drink during warmup. Ball right in the chest, pie went 6ft in the air and the drink went over him. Thankfully not a hot one.
I’m sure he found it embarrassing enough without half the place laughing at him once they knew he was ok.

I would imagine the nets will be a BCD thing only though. Maybe except in warmups.
Happened to my dad in the 90's. His pie was a goner and his mullet was drenched in bovril. I was pissing myself of course.

Wonder how the changing rooms are coming along, it’s been a few weeks I think since we saw the photo of the skip outside with all the blue tiles in. Looking forward to seeing the progress.

I’ve seen some clubs with the nets before and they are only for the warm ups, they are taken down before kick off. Don’t know if it’s the same here.

From the email that came out this morning about access times to the store it looks from the CGI image that the old Rangers FC font will be getting replaced with the new one, someone mentioned it on one of the other threads but I can't find it...

Screenshot-20200731-084948-Gmail.jpg

Nets make sense. I have played at an empty Ibrox and getting the balls from the seats is a fucking ballache.

Wonder what the boxes behind the copland are?

Nets make sense. I have played at an empty Ibrox and getting the balls from the seats is a fucking ballache.

Wonder what the boxes behind the copland are?

Bit of a mystery. The boxes the nets were delivered in maybe? Probably too many of them for it to be that I guess. They look too small to be holding the various panels of the trackside LED screens.

From the email that came out this morning about access times to the store it looks from the CGI image that the old Rangers FC font will be getting replaced with the new one, someone mentioned it on one of the other threads but I can't find it...

Being honest, that looks terrible.

Did it not use to just be the same colour as the stadium? Maybe with a headline banner?

I cannot begin to describe how much I hate that cheap, tacky frontage. I'm surprised Castore have agreed to have their logo on it.

Nets won’t be good for the Ibrox doo’s :D

So will the nets get ditched when the fans come back?

Goiny go a cycle up later tonight. I know it’s basically pointless as I won’t see any works but just wana see Ibrox again. Ps hopefully nip in the loudon for 1 haha

Back