Works at the Stadium Today

Now i dont want to burst anyones bubble here but im gonna take a wild guess at this. I will say the nets are to protect the seats.

It could be as simple as protecting the players once fans start to return.

No point in going through all these measures and testing for some numpty with Covid coming on to celebrate a goal.

No they don’t.

I agree that they do. It may be well down on the list of priorities but aesthetically they are an eyesore just now. A lot are badly faded and don’t look good.

Like I said, there are probably other more urgent issues to address but imo the seats need to be changed at some point. Anybody know what sort of cost you’re looking at to replace the seats throughout the whole stadium?

It could be as simple as protecting the players once fans start to return.

No point in going through all these measures and testing for some numpty with Covid coming on to celebrate a goal.

If that was the case there would be nets all the way around the pitch, I believe the nets are behind both Copland and Broomloan goals simply to keep the flow of the game going quicker as there are no fans to return the ball if perhaps someone hits a row Z shot.

If that was the case there would be nets all the way around the pitch, I believe the nets are behind both Copland and Broomloan goals simply to keep the flow of the game going quicker as there are no fans to return the ball if perhaps someone hits a row Z shot.

The obvious answer, more often than not, is usually the correct answer.

They do, some of them are almost white
You don’t even see the colour of seats at a match or on TV.

Once we have everything in order, a clean stadium, hospitality suites all renovated, Edmiston House complete, the current megastore turned into stadium bar, safe standing etc then we can look at expansion and new seats.

Pre all this pish.

Way back?
PB190048.JPG

You don’t even see the colour of seats at a match or on TV.

Once we have everything in order, a clean stadium, hospitality suites all renovated, Edmiston House complete, the current megastore turned into stadium bar, safe standing etc then we can look at expansion and new seats.
You see empty stadiums on TV every week before and after games, it's not a good look at all

Agree that's an added bonus. Ticks off a few boxes. Players/fans hugging or being in contact it would usually be at a goal and with the fans behind there.

Definitely agree it stops the ball getting stuck at a seat in row Z and taking 60 seconds to retrieve though aswell though.

Or it could be for the bees as others have said ;)

You must be colour blind ;)
Don’t really notice it tbh because it’s a sellout every week anyway.

I’m glad we have a commercial team looking at developing a fan hub on the site of Edmiston House, rather than spunking their budget on new seats.

You see empty stadiums on TV every week before and after games, it's not a good look at all
It’s way down the list of priorities at the minute.

I’m sure it’s something the board have looked into. But I’m also sure the board would rather speculate to accumulate with the money at their disposal.

£1m on seats or £1m on renovating hospitality suites which in turn pays for itself?

I was in the CR front at a game before I had my own ST. Some boy had just sat down in his seat with a pie and a drink during warmup. Ball right in the chest, pie went 6ft in the air and the drink went over him. Thankfully not a hot one.
I’m sure he found it embarrassing enough without half the place laughing at him once they knew he was ok.

I would imagine the nets will be a BCD thing only though. Maybe except in warmups.

Did you catch the pie?

Loads of tourists now looking for their families history bumped into a few Canadians and Americans plus there are Chinese. Fairfield museum were doing tours as well.

Ffs how many tourists are in govan walking about and say “ look there’s a big building.. I wonder what that could be”
That's the first thing people see when they arrive via the subway, most tourists will travel on it.

It needs to have a wow factor, it doesn't in it's current state but it certainly wouldn't stripped bare again.

That's the first thing people see when they arrive via the subway, most tourists will travel on it.

It needs to have a wow factor, it doesn't in it's current state but it certainly wouldn't stripped bare again.
Would it not be the Louden?

How many random tourists visit Govan?

I presume if they exit the subway, they’re coming to Ibrox.

Have Rangers Store on the top.

The blue and red is a monstrosity.

My point is that it can be seen from afar, not randoms waking about Govan. Let the marketing folk do their thing, I’m sure they know what they are doing

Pre all this pish.

Way back?
Like it or not we need to move with the times, think about all the new stadiums that are being built state of the art.

Ibrox needs to be updated, the main stand will stay as is but the rest needs to be updated, needs to be appealing to the modern day fan I'm afraid.

I like the coverings etc but more needs done we need a modern new outlook outside needs updating as well Ibrox needs to become a force to be reckoned with again.

Like it or not we need to move with the times, think about all the new stadiums that are being built state of the art.

Ibrox needs to be updated, the main stand will stay as is but the rest needs to be updated, needs to be appealing to the modern day fan I'm afraid.

I like the coverings etc but more needs done we need a modern new outlook outside needs updating as well Ibrox needs to become a force to be reckoned with again.

I’m all for modern, but from the photo, it looks dreadful.

I’m not even sure what is achieves?

It doesn’t remotely fit with the rest of the building.

If the mentally challengeds had that, we would rightly be tearing into it.

In the grand scheme of things, it is what it is. It won’t keep me awake, but imo, it looks pish.

I’m all for modern, but from the photo, it looks dreadful.

I’m not even sure what is achieves?

It doesn’t remotely fit with the rest of the building.

If the mentally challengeds had that, we would rightly be tearing into it.

In the grand scheme of things, it is what it is. It won’t keep me awake, but imo, it looks pish.
It's a start of Modernising the full stadium bud, when it's all finished it will all tie in together, trust me.

A new big electrical kit crest in the middle of that would be suffice and enough IMO. Perhaps Castore may even want their badge aside ours side by side up there which would be good also for promoting and castore would most likely cover costs if their logo was there. Soon see..

Back