World Cup 2022 World Cup Betting Thread

It’s been up since last week

33/1 when I bet it. 25/1 just now

Argentina/Messi was 40/1 last week also.

99-AE4126-4205-4-B1-B-BA57-BC0-FC806-C4-A1.jpg
Got it cheers.

I was selecting 2 singles and trying to double it up on the betslip.

Take your 5/2 or 3/1 on Denmark to win their group. They did the double over France in the Nations League and to me look the most settled squads in the tournament. Wouldn't be suprised to see them get to the semi finals again.

Ghana won't be topping a group with Portugal in it.

Senegal could surprise a few.

I'm not sure where I am with Portugal. A decent squad but their qualifiers weren't particularly convincing.

It's an open group with teams liable to take points off of one another. Opening game is Ghana vs. Portugal.

Put my £10 weekly reward from Paddy Power on Senegal, USA, Mexico, Belgium, Croatia, Brazil, Switzerland & Uruguay all to qualify at 33/1.

I'm not sure where I am with Portugal. A decent squad but their qualifiers weren't particularly convincing.

It's an open group with teams liable to take points off of one another. Opening game is Ghana vs. Portugal.
Portugal have a really good manager, which always makes a big difference in tournaments like these.

I think they are good value, especially compared to the likes of Belgium.

England at 10/1 also feels like a much more realistic price. Still wouldn’t bet it, but that’s around where they should be.

Also, can’t understand the love for Argentina at 11/2.

Argentina have never performed in a World Cup outside of the Americas. I think they were 9’s which was worth a punt, but 11/2 is way too short IMO.

Top scorer rarely ever comes from the winner.

France/Kane 2018
Germany/Rodriquez 2014
Spain/Forlan, Villa, Muller, Snejider 2010 (Not sure who official won it with bookies)
Italy/Klose 2006
Brazil/Ronaldo 2002

Gone Brazil/Messi at 66/1

Just done a 6 team acca over the first few days

Equador
Holland
Denmark
Mexico
Croatia
Brazil

42/1

Any thoughts on Senegal? Looking like QFs for me.

If Ghana win their group, the tournament could really open up for them.
I got fucking GHANA in the sweepstake at work today fiver a head,

With Uruguay, Portugal and South Korea in their group I think they will almost certainly have a similar group stage experience to us this season!

Really tempted with the 28/1 for Denmark to win the competition. In France's group beat them home and away in the nations league recently and would go into the bottom half if they were to win the group. Bottom half looks potentially weaker with it likely to be all European teams in the quarter finals.

Really tempted with the 28/1 for Denmark to win the competition. In France's group beat them home and away in the nations league recently and would go into the bottom half if they were to win the group. Bottom half looks potentially weaker with it likely to be all European teams in the quarter finals.
You can get about 35/1 on betfair exchange mate.

Throw in Ronaldo's current bampottery and that squad could be a riot. Would love to see them crash out in the groups

Any decent deals out there for new customer sign ups?

Bet Fair looks the best I think. Had a look through Quidco and there wasn't really anything

Argentina and Brazil to win every group game. Saudi Arabia, Morocco and Qatar to lose every group game.

400/1

I think Qatar will be cannon fodder but I hope they get a result in their opener. Always better when the hosts do well.
In this case I hope the hosts get fucked every game like our CL campaign and we can never mention them again

Got Messi to win the Golden Ball at 12/1 with Hills. With Adidas being one of the main sponsors of the World Cup and thinking Argentina will go far, I’ve put a decent amount on. Price has lowered to 10/1 now.
I have the Argentina/Messi double as well.

In 2018 I won with every team to score at least 2 goals in the tournament at 250/1. First time in history that's ever happened.

Checked for this year and it's 33/1 ffs

Back