World Cup 2022 World Cup Betting Thread

a wee update on my ‘banker’ at the start of the tournament that was ticking along nicely….was :))

32 or more pens awarded 25/1

now the first 12 games there was 7 pens awarded

in the last 34 games there has been 6

someone’s had a word in my opinion, there has been blatant pens turned down in the last week and a half, more than 8 or 9 I’ve counted

not that I’m bitter of course
Lol the var team in the Ghana game must not have hit the message as would have been easy to not award ghanas as was very tight offside decision .

Got a boost for a red card at 9/2 at half time in the Serbia game.

Ten yellows in that game, shoulda been at least one red.

I cashed out my Arsenal to win the league bet yesterday so had a fair sized kitty, might have went a bit overboard haha

Some random ones thrown in, some that seem ridiculous as they go completely against other bets….hopefullly get a run for my money with some of them.

NETHERLANDS 14/1
PORTUGAL 16/1
URUGUAY 50/1
ARGENTINA/MARTINEZ DOUBLE 100/1

GAKPO GOLDEN BOOT 80/1
L. MARTINEZ TOP SCORER 25/1
RICHARLISON TOP SCORER 33/1

JAMIE MACLAREN TOP AUS SCORER 6/1
GAKPO TOP NETHERLANDS SCORER 9/1
1+ GOAL IN EVERY GROUP GAME 28/1

ENGLAND OUT AT GROUP STAGE 8/1
FRANCE OUT AT GROUP STAGE 15/2
DENMARK TO WIN GROUP D 11/4
IRAN TO QUALIFY FROM GROUP B 7/2

QATAR TO REACH THE QUARTERS 20/1
BRAZIL/FRANCE FINAL 16/1
1+ GOAL IN EVERY GAME 40/1
FRANCE THE LOWEST SCORING TEAM 250/1
25+ PENALTIES AWARDED 6/4

BRAZIL/BELGIUM/URUGUAY/GERMANY/DENMARK/ENGLAND TO SCORE 1+ GOAL IN EACH GROUP GAME 40/1

Couple of howlers here

Couple still in the running-
NETHERLANDS WINNER 14/1 (now 20/1)
PORTUGAL WINNER 16/1 (now 12/1)
ARGENTINA/MARTINEZ DOUBLE 100/1 (no chance- cunts useless)
ARGENTINA/MESSI GOLDEN BALL DOUBLE 20/1 (can’t find current price)

C. GAKPO GOLDEN BOOT 80/1 (12/1 now)
L. MARTINEZ TOP SCORER 25/1 (prob about 5000/1 now)
RICHARLISON TOP SCORER 33/1 (11/1 now)
C. GAKPO TOP NETHERLANDS SCORER 9/1 (now 1/8)
BRAZIL/FRANCE FINAL 16/1 (now 4/1)
25+ PENALTIES AWARDED 6/4 (13 so far- thought this was a dead cert after the first couple of games!)

Probably a daft question to put in here considering the WC has been a graveyard for punters (me included) but where does the value lie for the rest of the tournament? I backed Argentina at 11/2 at the start - they are now 5/1 (B365).

Wouldn't be surprised to see USA beat Holland (extra time and penalties may be required), same goes for the Swiss against Portugal and Japan vs Croatia but the other 5 ties should go as expected.

Will there be a surprise winner or an unfancied nation to go far? No team has won all 3 games so does that show squad depth ain't as great as first thought?

Lots of questions and plenty of bets to be placed, but where?

I've gone for an Argentina vs France final at 10/1 but there's lots of football to be played and if its as good as the last few days/nights then I can't wait.

Sorry if I've digressed from the thread.

Probably a daft question to put in here considering the WC has been a graveyard for punters (me included) but where does the value lie for the rest of the tournament? I backed Argentina at 11/2 at the start - they are now 5/1 (B365).

Wouldn't be surprised to see USA beat Holland (extra time and penalties may be required), same goes for the Swiss against Portugal and Japan vs Croatia but the other 5 ties should go as expected.

Will there be a surprise winner or an unfancied nation to go far? No team has won all 3 games so does that show squad depth ain't as great as first thought?

Lots of questions and plenty of bets to be placed, but where?

I've gone for an Argentina vs France final at 10/1 but there's lots of football to be played and if its as good as the last few days/nights then I can't wait.

Sorry if I've digressed from the thread.
There’s going to be 1 massive shock at least isn’t there? I think it’ll be Morocco or Australia.

Couple of howlers here

Couple still in the running-
NETHERLANDS WINNER 14/1 (now 20/1)
PORTUGAL WINNER 16/1 (now 12/1)
ARGENTINA/MARTINEZ DOUBLE 100/1 (no chance- cunts useless)
ARGENTINA/MESSI GOLDEN BALL DOUBLE 20/1 (can’t find current price)

C. GAKPO GOLDEN BOOT 80/1 (12/1 now)
L. MARTINEZ TOP SCORER 25/1 (prob about 5000/1 now)
RICHARLISON TOP SCORER 33/1 (11/1 now)
C. GAKPO TOP NETHERLANDS SCORER 9/1 (now 1/8)
BRAZIL/FRANCE FINAL 16/1 (now 4/1)
25+ PENALTIES AWARDED 6/4 (13 so far- thought this was a dead cert after the first couple of games!)
Arsenal will probably come back and romp the league too :))

Argentina win both halves
Argentina clean sheet
Messi 2+ sot
Messi anytime goalscorer
Messi to score in both halves

11/1

Had it with this tournie, taken an absolute kicking!!

(No chance I won't throw money at it again!)

On the plus side I'm on to question 10 out of 15 on Paddy Power beat the drop so I'll be taking some money back off of those bastards regardless.

Last edited:
Got Messi to win the Golden Ball at 12/1 with Hills. With Adidas being one of the main sponsors of the World Cup and thinking Argentina will go far, I’ve put a decent amount on. Price has lowered to 10/1 now.
Looking good. Hoping France get knocked out or Mbappe picks up an injury as he’s the only other threat.

Had it with this tournie, taken an absolute kicking!!

(No chance I won't throw money at it again!)

On the plus side I'm on to question 10 out of 15 on Paddy Power beat the drop so I'll be taking some money back off of those bastards regardless.
I've been doing beat the drop for years. Best I've managed is 8. If I get to 10 then I'll start splitting my bet to guarantee a return. Don't think I would take any more chances

Back