World Cup 2022 World Cup Betting Thread

I cashed out my Arsenal to win the league bet yesterday so had a fair sized kitty, might have went a bit overboard haha

Some random ones thrown in, some that seem ridiculous as they go completely against other bets….hopefullly get a run for my money with some of them.

NETHERLANDS 14/1
PORTUGAL 16/1
URUGUAY 50/1
ARGENTINA/MARTINEZ DOUBLE 100/1

GAKPO GOLDEN BOOT 80/1
L. MARTINEZ TOP SCORER 25/1
RICHARLISON TOP SCORER 33/1

JAMIE MACLAREN TOP AUS SCORER 6/1
GAKPO TOP NETHERLANDS SCORER 9/1
1+ GOAL IN EVERY GROUP GAME 28/1

ENGLAND OUT AT GROUP STAGE 8/1
FRANCE OUT AT GROUP STAGE 15/2
DENMARK TO WIN GROUP D 11/4
IRAN TO QUALIFY FROM GROUP B 7/2

QATAR TO REACH THE QUARTERS 20/1
BRAZIL/FRANCE FINAL 16/1
1+ GOAL IN EVERY GAME 40/1
FRANCE THE LOWEST SCORING TEAM 250/1
25+ PENALTIES AWARDED 6/4

BRAZIL/BELGIUM/URUGUAY/GERMANY/DENMARK/ENGLAND TO SCORE 1+ GOAL IN EACH GROUP GAME 40/1

I cashed out my Arsenal to win the league bet yesterday so had a fair sized kitty, might have went a bit overboard haha

Some random ones thrown in, some that seem ridiculous as they go completely against other bets….hopefullly get a run for my money with some of them.

NETHERLANDS 14/1
PORTUGAL 16/1
URUGUAY 50/1

GAKPO GOLDEN BOOT 80/1

BRAZIL/FRANCE FINAL 16/1

BRAZIL/BELGIUM/URUGUAY/GERMANY/DENMARK/ENGLAND TO SCORE 1+ GOAL IN EACH GROUP GAME 40/1

Who’s the bottom one with ?

NETHERLANDS 14/1
PORTUGAL 16/1
URUGUAY 50/1

GAKPO GOLDEN BOOT 80/1

BRAZIL/FRANCE FINAL 16/1

You bet Arsenal to win the league? :oops:

I fancy Brazil to win it
Yeah mate, took them e/w at 66/1.

I fucking hate cash out and think it’s for mugs only, but it was too good to kb, considering there’s still 6 months to go in the league
C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

In 2018 I won with every team to score at least 2 goals in the tournament at 250/1. First time in history that's ever happened.

Checked for this year and it's 33/1 ffs
I reckon we'll see a record number of teams NOT scoring any this time. Expecting a low scoring WC in general.

Anyone seen odds on a first time winner? None of the usual suspects excite me so I'd like a bet that covers a new team winning. Make a nice change.

Seen a cracking bet the other day, was three players to have 10 SOT @14/1. Can’t find the bet anymore on skybet, think it was Messi/Neymar/Kane.

I reckon we'll see a record number of teams NOT scoring any this time. Expecting a low scoring WC in general.

Anyone seen odds on a first time winner? None of the usual suspects excite me so I'd like a bet that covers a new team winning. Make a nice change.
I think I seen it at 3/1

Had a free £5 bet on Ladbrokes and put it on :- Argentina To Win The World Cup,Messi Golden Boot,Messi Golden Ball @ 50/1 (also better odds/currently 66/1 on sky) - Thinking, IF they win it and IF he is top scorer which is only around 20/1 .. surely he would win player of the tournament too.

Who we going for this tournament? And if not a team then what’s your sidebet? Sky doing some good stuff to keep you interested

I’m going for

Kane, Neymar & Messi

10 or more shots on target each in tournament

14/1
Like the sound of that . Where do I get that

it’s already down to 9/1 on Skybet mate, there must have been a fair chunk of change put on it. Including my twenty
For that to hit, you probably need England, Brazil and Argentina to reach the quarters and for those three to play every minute of every game. It’s a big ask.

For that to hit, you probably need England, Brazil and Argentina to reach the quarters and for those three to play every minute of every game. It’s a big ask.
Yeah i did a similar bet for the Euros, was Kane Mbappe and Lukaku thinking it would be close and it was nowhere near

Had a free £5 bet on Ladbrokes and put it on :- Argentina To Win The World Cup,Messi Golden Boot,Messi Golden Ball @ 50/1 (also better odds/currently 66/1 on sky) - Thinking, IF they win it and IF he is top scorer which is only around 20/1 .. surely he would win player of the tournament too.
Logical.

A similar bet on Brazil/Neymar would also make sense.

Who we going for this tournament? And if not a team then what’s your sidebet? Sky doing some good stuff to keep you interested

I’m going for

Kane, Neymar & Messi

10 or more shots on target each in tournament

14/1
my best bet ever was on betting on the teams who would finish bottom of their groups in the 2014 world cup , cashed out at £500 on one bet ( £10 ) but had doubled up the bet on another bookie and let it ride but Algeria lost me that one , was never likely going into last round matches in the last group could've won £20,000 England to finish bottom of their group was 16/1 so quite a boost

Last edited:
Trying to find a good goal scorer RAB.

Struggling here. Few that I’m sort of keen on, but include Nunez, who I’m not sure will score even a couple. Others include Lukaku, who I’m not even sure if he’ll play.

Might be a tweet to skybet needed.

Struggling here. Few that I’m sort of keen on, but include Nunez, who I’m not sure will score even a couple. Others include Lukaku, who I’m not even sure if he’ll play.

Must be a few decent ones for Mehdi Taremi

Think I will just go with

Kane, Neymar & Mbappe 3+
Gakpo & Messi 2+

@8/1.

Mehdi Taremi top Iran scorer
Choupo-Moting top Cameroon scorer
20/1 double

Nuno Mendes young player of the tournament 50/1

Messi, Kane, Mbappe to have 10+ shots on target each @15/2

Over 0.5 goals in every fixture @33/1

1+ goal in each group game @20/1

Brazil to win @ 9/2 and 4/1

Brazil/Messi @66/1

Argentina, Brazil, France, Germany as the 4 semi finalists @66/1

Last edited:
did my £5 fun bet for teams to finish bottom of the groups with Uruguay being my tip of the favoured countries to fall because theres always 1 ( Germany 2018 England 2014 ) ...... £95K for my £5 :p

In years gone by you used to get incentives from bookies such as a free bet for every game your outright team wins or a free bet for every goal your top scorer gets. Anyone know if there’s a guide anywhere giving you who’s offering what this year? Or has that all stopped?

did my £5 fun bet for teams to finish bottom of the groups with Uruguay being my tip of the favoured countries to fall because theres always 1 ( Germany 2018 England 2014 ) ...... £95K for my £5 :p
If you win you can compensate me for my Uruguay to win it bet! :D

In years gone by you used to get incentives from bookies such as a free bet for every game your outright team wins or a free bet for every goal your top scorer gets. Anyone know if there’s a guide anywhere giving you who’s offering what this year? Or has that all stopped?

Think Betfair are doing one like that. I use Hills and was hoping they’d do similar, as they done in 2018

Messi, Kane, Mbappe to have 10+ shots on target each @15/2

Over 0.5 goals in every fixture @33/1

1+ goal in each group game @20/1

Brazil to win @ 9/2 and 4/1

Brazil/Messi @66/1

Argentina, Brazil, France, Germany as the 4 semi finalists @66/1

Think the semi final ones are so hard to call think Argentina and Brazil definitely will make it. France could face Argentina in the last 16 if they finish 2nd in their group and with Denmark in their group who have beaten them home and away this season it's a real possibility. Germany win their group then can face Brazil in the Quarters.

Think Groups D and E are so close.

Back