World Cup Commentators/Pundits - Let’s slag them off

With regards studio pundits Canada's TSN must have the worse pundit in the world with Ex Scotland Gary Caldwell. He's as "Thick as two short Planks" and is quite literally the joke person for the rest of the panel who take the piss out of him, embarrassing. Janine Beckie is a wee darling though.
Must have huge doors for his head to get through.

Apparently, the uprights in the Welsh game were from "Pembrokeshire Oak"..............I smell faeces....

Jenas is so, so, so, so, so, so boring!

Somebody employed John Harrtson…to commentate on the biggest footballing event on the planet…there is nothing more to be said, the bawz burst

Harrison commentating on the Tunisia v Denmark match, as usual talking one lot of shite.

However, the one that really annoys me is that wee South African bird from SKY, Melissa Reddy. Obviously there as she ticks boxes. Never adds anything about the football, always talking about psychology shit. Shite pundit.

Which commentators/pundits get on your titties?
Lianne Sanderson, whenever she comes on the telly or radio I turn over

Hartson by a country mile. How the ITV network can employ a cretin like him is behind belief. Others that fail spectacularly are Jenus, Dixon and that retard who is always smiling/laughing on BBC alongside Linekar. Super Ally is head and shoulders above the rest on both channels. Laura Woods gets a thumbs up too as would love to pump her all night.

Her analysis at half time of the disallowed Ecuador was brilliant... 'its a great strike from the edge of the box by eh....' she genuinely had no idea who it was she then named Estupinan who it deflected in off. She was utterly clueless.
It was something like that that brought her ineptitude to my attention too; the girl hosting the HT chit-chat asked her something and she basically repeated what she'd said back at her. I thought my dog could've provided more insight.
Also, in the two games I've had the misfortune of seeing her on, looks like she's being kept in Qatar against her will.

"If Matty Cash was better - he could have played for England".............or words to that effect.

Total disrespect for Poland!

The all female panel is disrespectful too. I wouldn't tune into a 1st round ladies match at Wimbledon and expect an all male panel....

This country has lost it's marbles.

Gents, listening to commentary on radio 5 live. Brace yourself for some top level Pat Nevin stupidity.

On the Saudi Arabia penalty;

“That’s a disgrace from VAR. there’s several angles that show no contact and only one that shows there was contact. And they’ve only shown the ref the footage of the contact.”

Fuckwit.

Women should just f uck off away from men's football.
I wouldn’t quite put it like that ffs but I agree that 3 women in a panel of three is just the tv company showing how pc and forward thinking they are.

Having said that, most of the men are fckin half wits or just annoying. Gone are the days of panels of ex WC winners or football icons. People tend to listen when you are or were a world class player, not some burd with 389 caps for England and known only for being on celebrity gogglebox.

Both BBC and ITV try and produce coverage for the stupidest person. That way everyone will understand it. I would love to see some knowledgeable pundits and journalists heavily involved in the coverage, going into good detail and insight, but it's probably felt that would put off casual viewers.
BT Goals show is class, a knowledgeable panel like those Euro boys and a host like Richardson would be amazing

Say what you like about Hartson (and I have done), but I'm secretly missing how he says "Cor-neee-leee-uss" in his mellifluous Welsh accent.

BT Goals show is class, a knowledgeable panel like those Euro boys and a host like Richardson would be amazing
It would be. Some of the channels sometimes do segments with those types of guys, but with an hour build up, you could easily get them to give the insider perspective to give viewers more knowledge of the teams involved.

Lee Dixon a few minutes ago sounded genuinely confused and quite angry when the ball hit the ref and possession was given back to the team who had it:

"an uncontested drop ball, what's all that about?" he droned

Lee Dixon a few minutes ago sounded genuinely confused and quite angry when the ball hit the ref and possession was given back to the team who had it:

"an uncontested drop ball, what's all that about?" he droned
Showed himself to be completely out of touch with the modern game.
Dinosaur

Reactions: G33
I know I'm inviting flack here but I thought Ally wasn't at his best on the France v Denmark game tonight.
Starting to get too repetitive with the clichés and soundbites and over talking what we can see for ourselves. He's very far from the worse culprits but sometimes less can be more.

He should be a shoe in for ITV at the final unless England get there. Oh! stop laughing at the back.

I feel for wee Joe Cole there at 1/2 time in the Japan v CR game as has that Welsh double barrel name nugget on one side and Carey - the selection of “experts” too suit an agenda is doing my head in these days. this Game is not helped when on co-comes is Fatson!

I know my fault in using the IPTV as opposed to paying for local WC subscription channel!!

Souness' analysis of Giroud's career was woeful. Basically said he's had a huge slice of luck despite winning just about every major honour.

How do major foreign countries like Germany / France etc compare with the punditry and analysts game. Do the UK lead and others follow?
Is it the same general format or do other countries to it vastly different?
I know Argentina have TV channels which provide commentary on games but don't have proper rights to broadcast the actual match so instead just show the fans for the full duration
They don’t employ Hartson, Sutton, Neville, Dublin and any woman wanting a Mike.

So I would take your answer from that.

Souness' analysis of Giroud's career was woeful. Basically said he's had a huge slice of luck despite winning just about every major honour.

"He's only got all these goals because France play more game in all these daft tournaments"

Giroud has played less games for France than Henry.

Andros Townsend said he wasn't aware of Robert Lewandowski when he played for Bayern in 2014. That's got to be the worst comment I've heard so far in this WC. What a fcking simpleton.

Lewandowski with with two Bundesliga titles by that time with Dortmund, not to mention 4 goals vs Madrid in the semi final of the CL prior to playing in the final in Wembley.

But he ain’t a playa in da premmmeya leaggg so he must be shit

Back