World Cup Dinners 2018

Graemelins

Official Ticketer
Some of you will remember back in 2014, I undertook a project to make 32 meals from each of the 32 countries participating in the World Cup in Brazil over the course of the 32 days of the tournament.

It was a super-successful campaign which a lot of you on FollowFollow enjoyed at the time. My endeavour was featured on BBC Radio Scotland, in the Sunday Post and Metro newspapers, and also on a number of football fan-blogs.

Now, for the upcoming tournament in Russia 2018, World Cup Dinners is back!

For my second round of World Cup Dinners I will be doing things slightly differently with a mixture of new meals for the 10 news teams who didn’t make it last time round, some throwbacks to previous dinners, and also a few special entries for teams from countries with some of my favourite cuisines.

I'll post my cooking adventures on here day-by-day, so you can all see what I am up to, but you can also check out my website:

https://worldcupdinners.com

You can follow me on Twitter, Instagram or Facebook too

I'll be kicking things off later today with some lovely beetroot Borscht to celebrate the host nation of Russia.

Nostrovia!

cartoon-graphic.jpg

Brilliant. I made a couple of the dishes you suggested the last time. Feijoada was awesome, although I think I spent about thirty quid at the butchers on all the meat. Think it did four meals the amount I made!!!

Some of you will remember back in 2014, I undertook a project to make 32 meals from each of the 32 countries participating in the World Cup in Brazil over the course of the 32 days of the tournament.

It was a super-successful campaign which a lot of you on FollowFollow enjoyed at the time. My endeavour was featured on BBC Radio Scotland, in the Sunday Post and Metro newspapers, and also on a number of football fan-blogs.

For my second round of World Cup Dinners I will be doing things slightly differently with a mixture of new meals for the 10 news teams who didn’t make it last time round, some throwbacks to previous dinners, and also a few special entries for teams from countries with some of my favourite cuisines.

I'll post my cooking adventures on here day-by-day, so you can all see what I am up to, but you can also check out my website:

I'll be kicking things off later today with some lovely beetroot Borscht to celebrate the host nation of Russia.

Nostrovia!

cartoon-graphic.jpg

31 days of fame never mind 15 minutes.

Good news it's back, Croatian Brodet was the winner for me last time round.

looking forward to the pet shop visit for a guinea pig for Peru's day.

Nostrovia!

cartoon-graphic.jpg

Nostrovia!

cartoon-graphic.jpg

Nostrovia!

cartoon-graphic.jpg
Don’t know what went on in the other two posts :p

I hope no one feeds that to anyone needing a nappy changed as the aftermath would be like a chainsaw massacre :p

Brilliant. I made a couple of the dishes you suggested the last time. Feijoada was awesome, although I think I spent about thirty quid at the butchers on all the meat. Think it did four meals the amount I made!!!
That was one of my favourites last time- nice and savoury :D

Got a recipe mate?
Its a full 10kg or so roast lamb done on the spit. Invite all your neighbours round. Served with raw spring onions and loads of beer. Or you could do lamb under the peka(bell) with vegetables which is just as good. If in Slavonia region then cobanak in winter a spicy soup with venison, boar, etc, meat in it.

If you're still looking for ideas, I work with a Peruvian guy who drags us to Peruvian restaurants. lomo saltado is great, beef strips, tomatoes, onions and french fries all stir fried together.

If you're still looking for ideas, I work with a Peruvian guy who drags us to Peruvian restaurants. lomo saltado is great, beef strips, tomatoes, onions and french fries all stir fried together.
Good shout- I was thinking raw seafood ceviche, but that sounds far less risky! :)

will keep an eye on this too. I remember he 2014 one as well.

I read on twitter about a guy who sourced a bottle of beer from every country in the world cup. cost him about £500 and he had to fly to paris or Lisbon (i think ) to pick one of the bottles up. The rest he got shopping all over London other than the Saudi beer which was sent via DHL and alcohol free. Maybe that's why they got pumped 5-0.
would be a decent way to watch the first round of matches, 32 beers for the first 16 games, switching allegiances at HT.

will keep an eye on this too. I remember he 2014 one as well.

I read on twitter about a guy who sourced a bottle of beer from every country in the world cup. cost him about £500 and he had to fly to paris or Lisbon (i think ) to pick one of the bottles up. The rest he got shopping all over London other than the Saudi beer which was sent via DHL and alcohol free. Maybe that's why they got pumped 5-0.
would be a decent way to watch the first round of matches, 32 beers for the first 16 games, switching allegiances at HT.
Outstanding!

Back