World Cup teams

DJ Blue

DOn43MAWAAAx2oI.jpg:large

Denmark and Serbia both have bigger populations than Scotland. Uruguay is smaller, though.

How many of them have a smaller population than Scotland ?
Denmark,Serbia,Croatia,Iceland,Panama.
Tells you something.

In terms of European qualification, only Iceland and Croatia have smaller populations. Plenty of bigger countries than Scotland in Europe haven’t qualified

In terms of European qualification, only Iceland and Croatia have smaller populations. Plenty of bigger countries than Scotland in Europe haven’t qualified
Denmark is smaller.under six million.
But you make my point population is t really an excuse for failure

No it’s no
Is t Scotland about six million. Last estimate was 2016 but that was an estimate. Denmark is under Six million
Anyway the point is there's not much in it,however we are constantly told our population size is an excuse for non qualification.

I said on another thread France or Germany. France look good, they'll be the favourites come the start of the tournament. Last 4 will all be European teams. Spain, Germany, France, Belgium is my bet. Brazil won't do well and Argentina are honking.

France looking a good bet.
Never write off the Germans.
Spain should be there or there abouts.
South Americans tend to struggle in Europe.
Belgium could surprise a few.
England? Always get built up ready for a massive fall.

Argentina are improving under Sampaoli (notwithstanding today's friendly result) and I think/hope we'll see them in the latter stages.

Interesting to see how Croatia do - I wonder if their support will be allowed to travel in any numbers.

Will we see an African team do well?

There's usually an African team that does well. Don't actually know which ones have qualified to be honest.

Was time for Egypt to make it again - best team in Africa and biggest footballing culture on the continent yet always choked in qualifying since Italy 90.

Salah will be one of the stars at World Cup

I think Spain could have a fair chance. They seem to be building a strong squad again.

Germany, France & Brazil the other notable contenders, IMO.

Hoping Peru and Honduras make it from the remaining playoffs. Peru because one of my friend is Peruvian and had given up on seeing them at a World Cup again, and Honduras because Australians are c*nts.
Hoping Peru and Honduras make it from the remaining playoffs. Peru because one of my friend is Peruvian and had given up on seeing them at a World Cup again, and Honduras because Australians are c*nts.
get it up ye..........ya c*nt lol!!!!!

Germany always. They have the best league in the world and the best international team. German FA went about things the right way and the whole structure out there is the way forward

Surpised the Aussies got there, watche their games against Iran and they were honking. Whipping boys for next year.

Lots going for Germany, France, Brazil. I'm going to go for either a mince Argentina with Messi and Cavani running amok or Belguim to finally put together a few decent performances and win it.

What’s the Aussies done to you?

Surpised the Aussies got there, watche their games against Iran and they were honking. Whipping boys for next year.

Lots going for Germany, France, Brazil. I'm going to go for either a mince Argentina with Messi and Cavani running amok or Belguim to finally put together a few decent performances and win it.
Doubt Cavani will be running amok for Argentina given he's from Uruguay!

I think it'll be a European side - France my favourites at the moment but Spain/Germany will be thereabouts. Just hope we get plenty of good games!

How about Russia for an outside bet.

If Putin can get Trump in the Whitehouse, he can get Russia to the final at home.

Is t Scotland about six million. Last estimate was 2016 but that was an estimate. Denmark is under Six million
Anyway the point is there's not much in it,however we are constantly told our population size is an excuse for non qualification.
Denmark 5.7, Scotland 5.2

if belgium get it right they could win this i feel by far one of the stronger squads
This kind of stuff has been said in years gone by about the Belgians, Dutch, Spanish (prior to finally winning it) but they never manage to put it together on the big stage.

I can Germany winning it again or failing that France.

I think the climate, location, etc. will suit Germany.

Much as it pains me to say it.....I think England have a chance.....

It's always the Germans...........

England will be in the last 4.

Costa Rica will be dark horses.

Ireland didn't make it !!!!

It will be shite like nearly every other WC after 1982.

1994 was decent as were the group stages in 2010.

Not expecting much.

France to win it.

Back