World Cup teams

All one way here in Lima. Would advise a bet on Peru -1 inplay, they’ll score again.

Kick-off times in Russia

UK times - 2 hours behind Russia in the summer

Opening game 4pm - Russia v ??

Group games 1pm, 4pm & 7pm
16th June 11am, 2pm, 5pm, 8pm

Knockout 3pm & 7pm
Semi-final 7pm
Final 4pm

Last edited:
Germany, Argentina, Brazil and France will all make the semis, they always do, theres always a wild card ie Costa Rica in 2014, could it be Denmark this time?

i

They've changed the seedings this year to tie in with world rankings, as opposed to previous years where pot A were the seeded teams and the other pots were split into the regions. Means we're not likely to see a 'group of death', and the groups could be fairly predictable. Bit disappointing.

Spain in pot 2 could make some groups very interesting.
Spain in Pot 2 and Poland in Pot 1 sums up the problems of the FIFA rankings, and the problems of using the rankings for the group seedings.

I read an interesting article recently how countries like Poland and Switzerland plan their friendlies to allow them to accumulate as many ranking points as possible, as opposed to what Scotland seem to do and just play constant, pointless friendlies. Wales did it as well, hence why they reached top 10 in the world for a spell.

They've changed the seedings this year to tie in with world rankings, as opposed to previous years where pot A were the seeded teams and the other pots were split into the regions. Means we're not likely to see a 'group of death', and the groups could be fairly predictable. Bit disappointing.

That is annoying, was nice to see different continents in all the groups.

I'll be supporting Colombia, really took to them in the last one, normally I'd be going for Holland but, ya know...

Is t Scotland about six million. Last estimate was 2016 but that was an estimate. Denmark is under Six million
Anyway the point is there's not much in it,however we are constantly told our population size is an excuse for non qualification.
Your correct there isnt much in it - but Denmark is still more populated;

5.295 million - Scotland
5.731 million - Denmark

There are more recent estimates to the population of Scotland, but even then they are only at another 100,000 people more roughly. So still lower than Denmark.

Spain in Pot 2 and Poland in Pot 1 sums up the problems of the FIFA rankings, and the problems of using the rankings for the group seedings.

I read an interesting article recently how countries like Poland and Switzerland plan their friendlies to allow them to accumulate as many ranking points as possible, as opposed to what Scotland seem to do and just play constant, pointless friendlies. Wales did it as well, hence why they reached top 10 in the world for a spell.

I read that it's best to play as little friendlies as possible. Switzerland done this in the run up to the draw for the Euros i think and hardly played any friendlies for a year and their ranking soared. Playing friendlies, and even winning them, dilutes the better teams' ranking points. I think i read that if a crap team were to beat say Germany in a friendly they would get less ranking points than for beating san marino in a competitive game. Maybe not as extreme as that but it's pretty shocking nonetheless.

Is t Scotland about six million. Last estimate was 2016 but that was an estimate. Denmark is under Six million
Anyway the point is there's not much in it,however we are constantly told our population size is an excuse for non qualification.
I thought the excuse was that big guys weren’t shagging big lassies,no?
And that was from a ginger midget!!

That is annoying, was nice to see different continents in all the groups.

I'll be supporting Colombia, really took to them in the last one, normally I'd be going for Holland but, ya know...

This still applies (kind of). European teams will only be allowed to be drawn against 1 other team from their continent.

Is anyone going to Russia? I was hoping Northern Ireland got through so I could of went but the more I think of it I still wouldn't mind travelling over for a game or 2.

Back