World Cup wrestling...

Englishlionheart

in my opinion something has to be done with the poor refereeing at corners and set pieces , this is getting like wrestling not football it started with the Tunisians, ....... & today we have seen it in two other matches as well ....what do you all think ..? Is VAR being utilised properly by these REFS ??? Opinions please...

It's a joke and it's so frustrating how lenient the refs are. I started a thread on it the other day because it was pissing me off.

Diving going unpunished is infuriating as well because there's absolutely no deterrent.

The inconsistency is frustrating - that’s the real bugbear for me. Today’s game early game encapsulated all that was wrong with the roll out VAR in one fell swoop; minor incident becomes contentious penalty award after ref receives communication in his ear and, inevitably, changes his mind. Similar less minor incident is missed and nothing is done. I get that it’s early days and the roll out will have issues as it is “beta tested” but the prospect of a quarter or semi being decided on an interpretive whim is, one the hand, a magnetic and powerful TV moment but also a potential disaster. The lack of coherency is sadly redolent of all that is wrong with FIFA.

Back