World markets

deangers1991

Watching these European games I was just wondering why Rangers never dip into the Asian, African or South American markets.
Given some of decent players we have had in the past. Surely there must be some decent players at a low cost ?

African- Aribo, bassey, balogun
South American, Morelos, cannigia

Watching these European games I was just wondering why Rangers never dip into the Asian, African or South American markets.
Given some of decent players we have had in the past. Surely there must be some decent players at a low cost ?

When i saw the thread title i thought this was global collapse of the financial markets and the start of Armageddon itself.......

#relieved

Think your examples are pretty selective. Aribo and Bassey raised in England mainly and Balogun in Germany, we’ve signed plenty of players from both.
Morelos and Caniggia were both already in Europe when signed (and Claudio already in Scotland)

Of players signed directly from South America, none have worked out for various reasons eg Rozental and Nieto.

Not forgetting Peña and Herrera from Central America!

The risk of assimilating these players is just too high unless it’s someone with undoubted talent, and those with that kind of obvious talent will be away to Portugal or Spain long before they’re coming to us.

Work visas?

Aribo, Bassey and I think Kamara are all more or less Londoners.
But we should be keeping an eye on London anyway as there is a lot of talent down here.

It's difficult to get work permits unless they are established internationals - at which point we likely cant afford them.

It's difficult to get work permits unless they are established internationals - at which point we likely cant afford them.
It’s actually easier to get a work permit in Scotland than the rest of the UK.

There’s an exceptions panel for Scottish Club signings and generally is us/Celtic tried to sign a player who required a work permit generally they’d get one.

To answer your question.

The quality players or potential players go for 10 million plus.

And even then they are always gambles, I believe what Ajax do for example is bring 4-6 young ones over and gamble that one makes it

It’s actually easier to get a work permit in Scotland than the rest of the UK.

There’s an exceptions panel for Scottish Club signings and generally is us/Celtic tried to sign a player who required a work permit generally they’d get one.

It's slightly easier for Scotland than England but it's far easier for continental Europe.

Back