World Soccer

statto75

Just got this month's Wold Soccer and on the front cover is the 100 most wanted players this summer.

Had a flick through and the only player in Scotland mentioned is none other than our own El Buffalo. Dortmund and Leicester mentioned as suitors. (genuine interest , not the kiddy on juventus shite with the scum left back.)
Just shows that he is known outside these shores

I'm surprised World Soccer is still on the go in print form. I used to buy it in the 90s when Brian Glanville was one of the main writers in it. It was a great source of info on the foreign leagues pre-internet.
Yeh used to be a cracking read back in the day. Radnege, Glanville, Marcotti etc.

Cancelled my sub a few years ago after one too many articles written about us from a Yahoo's perspective. Still pick up a copy now and again though.

My brother-in law is the assistant editor and he always says it's a nightmare writing anything about Rangers or them. They get inundated by both sides about absolutely anything trivial!
I'm always threatening to write to his boss about the number of times we or them are mentioned.
He's constantly being called into meetings by young IT types banging on about online this and that.
Then they all ignore it for another month and produce it like always. Which is pretty last minute and ramshackle apparently. Does his head in the disorganisation but they're all a bit long in the tooth to start changing their ways now.

I have subscribed to World Soccer for more than 30 years if fact the latest magazine arrived in its cellophane bag this morning. It will be put on the same pile of unopened world soccer mags going back about 3 or 4 years. :confused:

I have subscribed to World Soccer for more than 30 years if fact the latest magazine arrived in its cellophane bag this morning. It will be put on the same pile of unopened world soccer mags going back about 3 or 4 years. :confused:

I’ve just cancelled mines, I used to love reading them but no picked one up in months and decided just to cancel now

Cancelled my sub a few years ago after one too many articles written about us from a Yahoo's perspective. Still pick up a copy now and again though.

I stopped it too a few years back.

Wee Phil Gordon’s hatred of us is actually comical. You would have thought he would have grown up by his age but the spite is still eating him up like a cancer.

The fact that wee Phil was so continually indulged by the editors and allowed to write that Black was white made me doubt anything else in the mag. I appreciate it may help him to work through mental health issues in print but I don’t see why I should fund him.

My brother-in law is the assistant editor and he always says it's a nightmare writing anything about Rangers or them. They get inundated by both sides about absolutely anything trivial!
I'm always threatening to write to his boss about the number of times we or them are mentioned.
He's constantly being called into meetings by young IT types banging on about online this and that.
Then they all ignore it for another month and produce it like always. Which is pretty last minute and ramshackle apparently. Does his head in the disorganisation but they're all a bit long in the tooth to start changing their ways now.

If they’re still employing Phil Gordon it’s only Rangers fans who have anything to complain about mate.

Just got this month's Wold Soccer and on the front cover is the 100 most wanted players this summer.

Had a flick through and the only player in Scotland mentioned is none other than our own El Buffalo. Dortmund and Leicester mentioned as suitors. (genuine interest , not the kiddy on juventus shite with the scum left back.)
That cannot be right? The media here have no neck Flasher as good as Messi and Patrick Roberts boyfriend is off to Juve.
Well in Buffalo, we were all devestated after his red card but cannot wait to see him back and hopefully some Summertime games for Colombia

I never really liked world soccer - it’s was a bit pompous.

My reads were Club Europe and after that folder Four-Four-Two

Total football had a very clear anti-rangers agenda. To the point they had to publish an apology after a review of one of our videos contained numerous references to ‘huns’.

NME and Q were always purchased too.

The real question though is were you a loaded or FHM man? (Or a hipster and read sky).

Last edited:
I never really liked world soccer - it’s was a bit pompous.

My reads were Club Europe and after that folder Four-Four-Two

Total football had a very clear anti-rangers agenda. To the point they had to publish an apology after a review of one of our videos contained numerous references to ‘huns’.

NME and Q were always purchased too.

The real question though is were you a loaded or FHM man? (Or a hipster and read sky).
I remember that, it was a review of a video called “every other Saturday” it was basically a video about the day to day running of the club. I think I was prob only about 15, but I can remember even then being shocked by the tone of it. One line has always stuck with me, “as they dream their Hunnish dreams” it was pure poison, and thinking back, how on earth that got passed an editor.

Used to pick up a copy every month.

Was excellent for getting new players in to your fantasy football team when I was younger. The play by mail fantasy football that is.

What number does he rank at? (assuming these top 100 are ranked 1-100?)

Remember back in 92 they had top 100 players and Brian Laudrup was at no 4

Who did he sign for again? Makes you weep when where we are and Scottish football is in general now

Back