Worried about Thursday after some players reactions.

Season goes one of two ways from here. Either it lights a fire under us and we finish December strong or it peaters out quickly.

Ryan Jack crying on the field Tav looked close to tears on his interview using words like devastated I know yesterday was ball buster but it has me worrying Thursday might be too soon for some.

If we don’t go through the season is hanging by a thread imo if the players can’t get it done.

Or maybe a wee bit of adversity helps them through.

Must admit, I don't like seeing our players cry on the pitch.

Although more worried Ryan Jack got an injury yesterday than about his mental state.
World has moved on from our day, bud.
Actually, did Gough, a man’s man, not shed a few at Tannadice?
Anyway, men cry these days.
Maybe not as much as I did on Sunday.

Or...

The professional athletes use that to get a performance on Thursday.
We need a siege mentality, so players thinking they need to beat both the opposition and the officials isn't actually that bad a thing. Thursday can't come quick enough.

World has moved on from our day, bud.
Actually, did Gough, a man’s man, not shed a few at Tannadice?
Anyway, men cry these days.
Maybe not as much as I did on Sunday.

Crying is ok when you win :))

These were reactions in the moments after losing a cup final.
I'm sure the gaffer and the coaches will reflect on it with the squad and take the positives (which were in abundance) heads will be clear and focused come Thursday.

It’s not Thursday I’m worried about to be honest it’s Motherwell and / or Hibs where I can see this taking its toll....both physically and mentally.

We’re one or two injuries away from another disaster at the San Giro....

I always said we’ll know by January where we are but it’s going to take 4 wins in row to convince me we can challenge them for the title....
Geez piece , they scored a last minute goal at Accies FFS , and were absolutely battered against us .

If we can’t lift our game in a sell out Ibrox then said players don’t deserve to be here. They will and then it’s on to Sunday. Let’s face it we could have played like them on Sunday and sneaked a win. Ok to win the cup was what we wanted but we made a ton of chances that in any normal game we would have won 3-0 easy. We must learn from the hurt and make sure we don’t hurt again.

The players recovered from Wednesdays collapse to dominate a team who rattled them at Ibrox earlier this season. If anything, this will focus them.

I’m interpreting your post as being not a very happy man.
Apologies if I’m wrong.
We lost a cup final, in definitely not happy, but as i said earlier im still not criticising the players or manager. But you just need to see this place to know what the reaction has been like from the fans as a whole.

Add going out of Europe on top of that after being pretty much through after beating Porto. At some stage it gets harder and harder to defend the players and manager against the criticism.

I have no worries whatsoever. Put the disappointment behind them and move on.

It happens to the best of teams. We are no different.

SG will have them up for it. Im sure the players will be too.

I am feeling confident in the European arena now on the showings thus far with Gerrard at the helm and though I don’t think we’ll trounce YBs I do feel confident we’ll win. The manager, Gary Mac and other staff will pick them up and the support has got to play our part as well by making it a noisy and intimidating atmosphere for the opposition.

Our players are definitely good enough if they are all up for it and it’s an opportunity to ease the pain a little of losing the LCF. It’s weird to be feeling more apprehensive about trips to Motherwell and Edinburgh against teams who would get soundly beaten playing against the likes of Porto Feyenoord and YBs.

It’s the same old headless chicken fit as f@ck Rangers are in town mentality so every effort is given no matter the difference and lack of ability between us and the opposition and it’s never going to change.

Too often IMO many of our fans are dismissive of the physical demands of competing at a relentless tempo and work rate against shitty negative tactics designed just to stop you scoring and that goes up a notch specifically against us, these are the trademarks of our opponents in Scotland and it’s always a challenge but it’s one all good winning Rangers teams rise to and overcome.

It remains to be seen if this squad of players are going to have what it takes to do it, sadly I don’t think we have got enough in our ranks to do it yet but I would love to be proved wrong.

If we lose on Thursday then questions will start being asked of Gerrard for the first time.
%^*& off.

Gerrard is the right man for the job regardless of what happens this season

I have no doubt Gerrard will instill the right mentality into our players to take yesterday out on every team we face in the league. Especially at the piggery. I expect Gerrard to go very mourinho-like with his us against the world mentality after last night

Call me mad but I think we'll see a side of rangers we haven't seen before when we play them on the 29th. Before I expected a close match but now I honestly have a strong feeling were going to show up and destroy them in what's bound to be a very dirty match. Play the exact same team so they can go out and get their revenge

They were emotional because they care. The players will be dying to beat YB. It's coming at the right time and we'll be desperate to shake the horrible feeling from yesterday.

%^*& off.

Gerrard is the right man for the job regardless of what happens this season

I have no doubt Gerrard will instill the right mentality into our players to take yesterday out on every team we face in the league. Especially at the piggery. I expect Gerrard to go very mourinho-like with his us against the world mentality after last night

Call me mad but I think we'll see a side of rangers we haven't seen before when we play them on the 29th. Before I expected a close match but now I honestly have a strong feeling were going to show up and destroy them in what's bound to be a very dirty match. Play the exact same team so they can go out and get their revenge
As sure as shit, if we lose on Thursday, there will be a thread within 10 minutes started by someone wanting Gerrard out.

Or...

The professional athletes use that to get a performance on Thursday.

First reply as usual is correct I’m the total opposite opinion of the OP I think we will come out absolutely flying in Thursday night no worries and even more so come the 29th when we go to the chamber of secrets

Don't worry. Yesterday will only make us stronger and more determined not to fail again.
Absolutely! Balls of steel, what makes you stronger is facing adversity and using it to your advantage, setbacks happen, then you win and win, and win again. No quarter asked, and none given, onwards to victory and a quiet satisfaction of a job well done, known you've done your bit. WATP

It looks like there’s a good team spirit there and Stevie G seems to have the players behind him. I think he’ll lift their heads up and get them going again. Qualification on Thur night would be a good Morale boost at this time. I think they’ll manage it.

More worried about Sunday. Think we will get through on Thursday but any more dropped points in the league and we need to go to the piggery for a must win match

The piggery is already a must win match regardless of what happens on Sunday

Jack getting criticism on Heart and Hand for being emotional.
I found the crying a bit pathetic. He could have played his part in history but joined the list of disappointments instead (and I love Ryan Jack). The truth is that they choked again.

Ryan Jack crying on the field Tav looked close to tears on his interview using words like devastated I know yesterday was ball buster but it has me worrying Thursday might be too soon for some.

If we don’t go through the season is hanging by a thread imo if the players can’t get it done.

Thursday is quite simply the best thing that could happen for us. An opportunity to forget sunday and progress through to the last 16. Will be gerrards finest moment as a manager to date and will bank the club millions

There are 2 types of people in the world and both use experiences like Sunday. 1 takes it and uses it as an excuse and the other takes it and uses it as a reason. The gaffer will not allow players to use it as an excuse for failing in the next match and he will force them to use it as a reason to excel in the next match. Well, those that need forced (and I think there will be none, they all have heart imo)

I found the crying a bit pathetic. He could have played his part in history but joined the list of disappointments instead (and I love Ryan Jack). The truth is that they choked again.
. Choked is nothing but a lazy cliche to try and explain away the defeat. That performance was excellent on the whole and they completely dominated a side that knows how to pick up trophies.

Give me a break ffs. Calling Jack a disappointment after sunday is just stupid :rolleyes:. If our striker could actually score against them it would have been a comfortable victory with how dominant the performance was. The rest of the team shouldn't be getting lumped in as "chokers" when the difference between winning and losing was one player and the linesman

Surely it should be turned around and it will spur them on on Thursday.?
We don’t have time to sit around and mope.
And if anyone does, I’m sure the gaffer would deal with it.

Surely it should be turned around and it will spur them on on Thursday.?
We don’t have time to sit around and mope.

Of course it will, in fact the performance coupled with the fact they lost to a terrible decision is easily turned into a positive from the manager.

If we’d been well beaten or ‘choked’ as some utter idiots on here claim then I’d be worried about how the squad react, but that wasn’t the case, the team were excellent and it will make them even more determined to put thing right.

Give me a break ffs. Calling Jack a disappointment after sunday is just stupid :rolleyes:. If our striker could actually score against them it would have been a comfortable victory with how dominant the performance was. The rest of the team shouldn't be getting lumped in as "chokers" when the difference between winning and losing was one player and the linesman

I find the criticism of Morelos just as ridiculous to be honest and can only assume folk having a go at him haven’t watched it back since Sunday, penalty excepted Morelos did very little wrong, in fact most of his chances came as a result of his own skill only to be met with good goalkeeping.

Possibly the header he could have done a bit better, but that was also a good save and heading into the ground in those conditions was the right thing to do.

Last edited:
In reality it means absolutely nothing though. Absolutely nothing.
Yes, they failed. That failure was down to a mixture of reasons, none of which was 'choking'.

When a team chokes it gets caught in the headlights, freezes and tends to get steamrollered. That did not happen. We dominated them, very clearly, for the full game.

Back