Worried about Thursday after some players reactions.

Of course it will, in fact the performance coupled with the fact they lost to a terrible decision is easily turned into a positive from the manager.

If we’d been well beaten or ‘choked’ as some utter idiots on here claim then I’d be worried about how the squad react, but that wasn’t the case, the team were excellent and it will make them even more determined to put thing right.
Well said mate,some of the rubbish that is written is an absolute disgrace.Anybody who played football at any level will see,that as you say,on another day we win.

Yes, they failed. That failure was down to a mixture of reasons, none of which was 'choking'.

When a team chokes it gets caught in the headlights, freezes and tends to get steamrollered. That did not happen. We dominated them, very clearly, for the full game.

Folk that take that stance are just brats to be honest, like kids.

‘We lose game, we play bad’

‘We win game, we play good’

Nothing in between

Wasting your time trying to reason to be honest, all sugar or all shite.

Do a draw at Pittodrie, an unfortunate loss in a Cup Final and failing to progress from Europa Group Stages (after 4 rounds of qualifying and wins/away draws against Porto and Feyenoord) really justify questions over the manager?

I think it’s more the 1 point away at home to young boys should be taking care off it. The Aberdeen game second half showing was poor cup final was genuinely unlucky. But it’s another big game and so far some big game matches we’ve shat the bed so yeah if we go out you have to be asking questions

I find the criticism of Morelos just as ridiculous to be honest and can only assume folk having a go at him haven’t watched it back since Sunday, penalty excepted Morelos did very little wrong, in fact most of his chances came as a result of his own skill only to be met with good goalkeeping.

Possibly the header he could have done a bit better, but that was also a good save and heading into the ground in those conditions was the right thing to do.
Because he had 8 chances including a penalty and couldn't get one, great goalkeeper performance or not he needs to be burying one of them, he destroyed their defence but ultimately if you cant bury your chances you'll get criticism when it was the difference between winning and not. Offside or not when you see their defender pass one into the net on their only shot on goal and you constantly have to hear about how he cant get it done against them it's frustrating to say the least

Because he had 8 chances including a penalty and couldn't get one, great goalkeeper performance or not he needs to be burying one of them, he destroyed their defence but ultimately if you cant bury your chances you'll get criticism when it was the difference between winning and not. Offside or not when you see their defender pass one into the net on their only shot on goal and you constantly have to hear about how he cant get it done against them it's frustrating to say the least

Of course it’s frustrating, I’m sure he feels the same, but their goalkeeper was far and away the man of the match for a reason.

None of his chances, bar arguably the header were ‘easy’ however every one except his chance at the very end where on target and he did very little wrong with any of them.

It seems mental to me that fans are slating a guy that’s scored 25 goals for us this season, take the emotion out of Sunday and ignore the media agenda and you see a striker who had an very good game but came up against a keeper who was exceptional on the day.

Do a draw at Pittodrie, an unfortunate loss in a Cup Final and failing to progress from Europa Group Stages (after 4 rounds of qualifying and wins/away draws against Porto and Feyenoord) really justify questions over the manager?
In context yes. We should be qualifying from. This group after start we had. We have to beat sheep after being 2-0 up. We can't miss endless sitters against hated rivals.

In context yes. We should be qualifying from. This group after start we had. We have to beat sheep after being 2-0 up. We can't miss endless sitters against hated rivals.
hard to argue with that, but I will anyway :D

Context also requires us to look at the achievement of getting to the groups in the first place, the fact that far better Rangers sides have had far worse results in Aberdeen and that it is pretty harsh to blame a manager when his side utterly dominate another and individual errors and good goal-keeping cost us.

This can go either way the devastation was there for all to see on the pitch.
Players left it all out there for sure.
Where do we go from here?
This is where the manager and coaching team earn their stripes.
Dig deep into the Gerrard mentality, he'll pick them up, make a few changes to freshen it up and before we know it another game is here and it's an important 1.
A win on Thursday parks that bad feeling for me, as they say the highs and lows in football.
Massive decision for Gerrard re the piggary.
Is Morelos confidence shot v Them?
Does Defoe get the nod?

We can't suffer another loss this month or a draw (unless its at the piggary) and I believe in this group of players to keep us in a strong position come the break.

Nothing wrong with a bit of emotion. I can see us kicking on from Sunday, I really can, starting on Thursday. A full bouncing Ibrox, the players fired up after the injustice of Sunday. YB wont know what's hit them. Getting into the last 32 will give us a boost heading in to a busy Dec. I'll wager the players are raring to go and the 29th cant come quick enough.

I was devastated on Sunday. Yesterday I was angry and today I'm ready for the fight again and that's me so no chance they wont be up for it. If they are not then they should booted out the club. Gerrard talked about mentality being as important as technical ability for a club like us. They will be up for it. No questions.

Ryan Jack crying on the field Tav looked close to tears on his interview using words like devastated I know yesterday was ball buster but it has me worrying Thursday might be too soon for some.

If we don’t go through the season is hanging by a thread imo if the players can’t get it done.
How would you feel about Thursday if they just took their wage and shrugged it off?

No issues with Jack in tears, he is a warrior on the park and anyone questioning him can gtf.

A superb footballer who is the heartbeat of our team.

We haven’t seen any reactions yet .

Thursday is the time for that,I’m actually pleased a few of them cared enough to be upset

It's fine to be worried but we won't know for sure until Thursday.

At the very minimum it shows at least that this team actually cares and that we have players in the dressing room who will drive others on by expressing how much they want success for our club.

I know it's getting tired now but it's a fact that before Gerrard came in our teams were going out against them to get a hiding and then shrug it off because that's just the way it went for us in those days.

I prefer the current situation to that.

I thought you were wrong at the time but, was the draw enough?
Just to be clear, it wasnt me saying i would question Gerrard. I was stating what would happen from the wider fanbase.

If you see that twitter reply i posted above, the draw wasnt enough and sadly i was right.

Last edited:
The performance last night after the disappointment of Sunday was excellent. Really encouraged by how we've reacted to set backs this season, even if sometimes we haven't got the result the performance deserved.

Lads showed character. A lot of people in our support dont actually realise that Young Boys are actually a very decent side.

Well Done Rangers.

Back