Worse rumour heard

Hate it when threads bring Celtic into it usually but the Daily Record article on Messi potentially leaving Barcelona unless they signed Dembele. It was the kind of thing the borderline retarded Celtic fan in your primary school would say, not something on the back page of an apparently serious national newspaper.

Hate it when threads bring Celtic into it usually but the Daily Record article on Messi potentially leaving Barcelona unless they signed Dembele. It was the kind of thing the borderline retarded Celtic fan in your primary school would say, not something on the back page of an apparently serious national newspaper.
The reliable Daily Rebel eh?

That was hilarious that article.

Reactions: VGM
The one that got me in stitches the most was back in 2007.

Murray was going cap in hand to us for renewals and the rumours of us signing Defoe. The amount of folk who bought it and the others thinking he would be bullied.

Fast forward 12 years and boom we have our man.

Reactions: VGM
We did work at that one. He would play European games and then pick and chose what else to play in.

Also said later to Gordon Durie that had Dick advocaat been the manager he would have come to us. Just a year too soon.

Wasn't a rumour as such but sitting in a bar in Tenerife pissed looked up at the telly to see Mo Johnston being paraded holdings a Rangers strip . Thought someone had put something in my beer honestly thought I was hallucinating.

Paul McStay to us. Back in the early 90s. I'm su|ř it was on the front of the Sun
Story goes Souness asked about buying him while in their Directors lounge after a game and was told some fancy number by Kelly to which Souness said that’s fine I will get a cheque drawn up on Monday to which the Celtic boards bottle crashed.
I sure the Great Ones smug smile would have gutted them.

We enquired about Messi and were told right away, no.

They however said, we have a guy iniesta who you can have on loan until Rijkaard played him, he was unreal and the rest is history.
There's a bheast fan in my work who always says that apparently Messi has said he'll finish his career with ra hoops.

The real Ronaldo wasn’t a rumour, we were genuinely interested and his agent and club at the time confirmed it, there was no chance of course of him signing for us, however Murray and his out of control ego would have definitely saw the deal through if he was interested.

The best ever

Celtic were brining Back Maurice Johnstone lol

Then he said fuk being associated to paedophilies fc

And the rest was history lol

Any time its players like Wellbeck, Lallana and Premiership players on over 100k a week. People can go look Defoe came but that really was a one off.

Batistuta to Rangers. I'd have chugged myself into a coma if we managed to sign him

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news...hos-back-and-look-whos-the-next-Ibrox-target/

Half of the Lyon team when PLG took over.

Palpable excitement and then he signed sionko, sebo and Karl svensson.

@David Edgar has mentioned before on the H&H podcast about a meeting with Murray at the time of PLG. Murray intimated we were going to sign Steve Mandanda the French U21 keeper at the time who I think ended up signing for Marseille on a bosman and we ended up with Leitzi instead.

A friend is in hospitality business up north and said a bluenose from Glasgow was talking about summer activity and said "Abramovich is investing in Rangers, fact....100% definite".

Wow, chronic patter?!

I remember I was at a friends house around 1991 and his dad came rushing in to his room to tell him he was just off the phone to his "mate" who was "high up" at Ibrox and Paolo Maldini was there to sign for us.

He was genuinely over the moon, spent the rest of the afternoon pacing around the living room on the phone to various people telling them it was happening. I was only 11 at the time so I had no reason to doubt him.

Stuck with me as I've never seen anyone so excited about a signing which turned out to be utter bullshit.

Years later we were playing 5s and I wound him up about it and he acted as if it never happened. Wank.

Dembele to Chelsea at the end of the window was funny - Every time they mentioned it on Clyde they added another 10M!!

Back