Worst Celtic team for years

Agree with all the posts but if I'm personally not writing them off...no chance. Gonna enjoy tonight and for what it is....3 points.
Would be foolish to write them off. The only way is to heap more pressure on them, is we keep putting wins together - which I'm sure we will, as that win today has to be a massive confidence booster.

Yeah perhaps.

My concern is that no-one else in the league seems particularly able to take points off them. They had 53 points from 57 going into today’s game after we beat them at their dump.

I feel we are in a good place but we need to put the pressure on be by winning every game and the reality is the sheep and HIV’s are more up for playing us than they are them, so until we get over the finishing line and land the title, I will reserve any predictions that we are the better side.
I agree.

I do think we're actually better than them when we play them. I think we've shown that in the past few games against them, even when they have been full strength.

Our main problem - like we all know - is consistently beating everybody else in the league. Here's hoping we've built a squad that allows to do that this season.

I agree.

I do think we're actually better than them when we play them. I think we've shown that in the past few games against them, even when they have been full strength.

Our main problem - like we all know - is consistently beating everybody else in the league. Here's hoping we've built a squad that allows to do that this season.
Yes mate, fingers crossed. They are there for the taking, if only we maintain our focus. Every game is a cup final and the pressure will only rise as the season continues.

First thought after a result like that is to put it down by saying they are shite?

We made them look shite, credit our team
Not at all, our team strolled it but even in our 9 in a row era when we bossed them, they always had a couple of players that were decent or posed a threat. That lot had nothing today, not a single player who knew what to do or who would intimidate any of ours. Taking no credit away from our performance, they were as poor a Celtic team as I can remember.

Sure let's rub it in , sure let's savour our day, but and I will say it again BUT until we win at least a trophy , or without doubt our 55th league title let's not get carried away, we have proved without doubt we can match or be better against them, but when we start winning at Hibs and Kilmarnock etc without playing well that's when I will really start believing.

We made them look very ordinary because we have the players to do it, they will beat most of the teams in the SPFL as they have a massive helping from the officials who are shit scared of their propaganda and constant vilification of them so it's easier to give them the decisions that they shouldn't get .
Their media lackeys, and the corrupt ones like Clancy and the sneaky I didn't see it Collum, Robertson allowing opposition players to kick the shit out of our players with little punishment etc., we know they are doing it and they know they are allowed to do it, this is what we are up against.

Sure let's rub it in , sure let's savour our day, but and I will say it again BUT until we win at least a trophy , or without doubt our 55th league title let's not get carried away, we have proved without doubt we can match or be better against them, but when we start winning at Hibs and Kilmarnock etc without playing well that's when I will really start believing.
We have a much stronger squad and this bodes well with us being back in the el.

We didnt really have that luxury last season and the team looked out on their feet. I'm not getting carried away though, both of us will drop points, much like the very best teams in history have done.

"Worst Celtic team in years" , lets not get carried away with ourselves, they were poor but will get stronger , too much ignorance against how they played, yes, they were crap but, they won't stay that way all season....enjoy our day, and lets kick on to next few league games.. see where we stand after that, 55 is getting closer..

Nope they’re just poor. If you watch them against European opponents it’s obvious.

They are poorly coached, overrated as individuals and overrated as a team.
So teams who play well in Europe, with slightly better players but infinitely better coaching, teamwork, work ethic and ruthlessness make them look ordinary? I can go with that.

They were garbage. Not a single player on their team would get into ours today. Their strikers are pitiful, Duffy, the great Irish hope, is garbage, their keeper is a bomb scare, their manager is clueless. The league is ours to lose.
Same got said last December hopefully the players don’t buy this....

That is the EASIEST victory at the piggery since the day we WON the league at the dump.
Maybe just the best Rangers team in years that showed up their crap squad .They ve had no competition until recently and thats 3 games now they have been steam rollered ,given that they stole the LC final .Prob more of a trouncing than today tbh but we could nt get past their keeper that day .Now they have a new 5 m quid stopper ( sorry,ball boy :)) )we have them on the ropes .

I’m 31 and that’s the easiest win I’ve ever seen us pull off at Parkhead. We beat them comfortably and we barely got out of second gear.

I think they’re 1 or 2 more bad results away from imploding.

Them being shite and us being good are not mutually exclusive.

Yes they were utter pish, but we were really good as well.

Both can happen

Against a good, well orginised team that gets in their faces and doesn't let them dictate, they are pants. How many of their passes went astray our out of the park when not under pressure, just that they had no target to hit that was in acres of space

Interestingly our team today , without Helander is exactly the same team that failed . So what’s changed.? Every single position is under threat . The bench easily could have started to a man. Now no one is a stick on on ( remember the jack pre match chat). Suddenly you need to earn your place. When we collapsed there was little to change. That’s the difference.

Interestingly our team today , without Helander is exactly the same team that failed . So what’s changed.? Every single position is under threat . The bench easily could have started to a man. Now no one is a stick on on ( remember the jack pre match chat). Suddenly you need to earn your place. When we collapsed there was little to change. That’s the difference.
Well for starters our star players have developed further “same team” is total pish, we’ve a young team and they’ve all developed further.

Realistically, I think they have McGregor (in midfield for Jack/Arfield) and Edouard (in a front 3 with Kent & Morelos) who would get into our team. I genuinely wouldn't take any of their other players for the starting XI, a few would make our bench though.

It's an incredible turnaround and shows how good our recruitment has been whilst theirs has gone downhill.

What did their starting line up cost compared to ours? Sorry if that's been asked I went straight to end of thread. It would be interesting to compare.

Baffling signing. He reminds me of Ally Maxwell. I wonder if you follow the money there’s an agent bung involved here. Truly baffling to spend €5M Euros on that.

The attempt at saving Goldson’s header was the sort of attempt you usually see when a team has made all their subs, had their keeper sent off and had to put an outfield player in goal.

£5m n’all. Chortle

Glad we won, but we will need to see more evidence of cracks in their team in the form of dropped league points or Europa loses, before we can state they are the worst CFC team in a decade etc or other current descriptor. It’s what we continue to do that counts, but of course I’m hoping that CFC remain pish.

Back