Worst Football Related Opinions You Have Heard/Read?

May 1990. Michael Kelly, newly brought back to the cesspit is allowed to take over a Q and A pile of sh1te that Snyde do so well for the yahoos.

One rocket came on and said; 'Signing you Dr Kelly off the park is like signing Maradona on it.'

The Prosecution rests, M'Lud.

Recently : our system is unbeatable even though we got beat the day ! Give or take in wording .
Tonight : yeah ..Leverkusen might just be favourites at parkhead in nxt couple of weeks.
Reasons
Celtic have an achillies heel aka defending.
Leverkusen bought frimpong.
B-D

May 1990. Michael Kelly, newly brought back to the cesspit is allowed to take over a Q and A pile of sh1te that Snyde do so well for the yahoos.

One rocket came on and said; 'Signing you Dr Kelly off the park is like signing Maradona on it.'

The Prosecution rests, M'Lud.
I actually forgot about the river of she.ite I've heard from the yahoos.

Remember when they went through a phase of comparing young players as the next...?

Mark burchill, the next Michael Owen

Everything any of them ever said about McGeady. I'll never forget some roaster on their forum claiming he'd seen ronaldhinho go up to him in a pre match warmup to ask him how to do something. Batshit crazy.

Dembele £40 mil.

Didier Agathe £20 mil

I could go on and on and on...

There was a guy on our bus in the 70s who had a real dislike of Derek Johnstone.

I remember coming back from a game at Fir Park where he scored a hat trick, and he was telling everyone DJ was slow and lazy and all he was good for was scoring goals o_O
That's the first time I've heard a fan of ours disliking DJ WOW

Alen Boksic being better than Lewandowski was a belter on here recently (no offence to the poster, seems a decent guy and entitled to his opinion).
I don't agree with it, Lewandowski is better no question.
But it's not an all time howler (like comparing Law to Gascoigne :)))
Boksic was a fantastic striker.

My dad said Harry Kane is over rated and no that good.
A said he won a the golden boot at the World Cup and he said aye 3 against Costa Rica and he hits the penalties.
Having the opportunity to Score 3 against Costa Rica and hitting the penalties are the main reasons why I had £25 on him at 16/1 to be top scorer at that tournamanent, he still had to do the business before the bet won hence the price of 16/1.

If it was that easy surely the bookies would have quoted a favourites price, your dad sounds like my dad mate

Michael Beale’s tactics are negative

John Lundstram getting ahead of himself for having the audacity to point and tell folk that just won the league what to do

The soccer Saturday boys saying Kevin DeBruyne wasn’t worth the money City were paying for him

I'm forever amazed by people who will contradict themselves on here in the same thread.

The home game against Braga was a real highlight for it. I'm convinced many people on here don't actually watch our games-they just want to come on here and slate our players.
I think they only watch our games and zero football outside Scotland, we should be beating all these duds cos they must be as bad as Motherwell

Old boss was a dick and a nouveau ManU fan. Told a couple of us in the pub "Becks is the best midfielder in the world" Asked if he was better than Scholes? More influential than Keane, more of a threat than Giggs? He ended up agreeing he wasn't even the best midfield player in his team

Beckham was better than all of them... :cool: :shh:

A couple of months ago someone on here said Richard Gough was better than Sergio Ramos.

I don't listen to it but I see the clickbait headlines posted on the TalkSport twitter account...

"Sterling is better than Neymar"

"For the money Man Utd paid for Ronaldo and Sancho they could've bought Kane and they'd be guaranteed to win the league" - Kane's career trophy haul = 0.

"Ben White is a better signing than Varane because he knows the league and has PL experience"

"I wouldn't swap any of Liverpool's front three for Messi" - I think this was either Jason Cundy or Andy Goldstein.

Warburton as next England manager.

The media wanted Pedro out as they knew he'd deliver 55.

Kiernan was CL defender.

That's just recent ones.

Last night I had someone tell me last night that winning the Europa League is a realistic expectation of this Rangers team. When I called out that particular nugget of bullshit, they hit me with 'Villarreal won it last season and Sevilla win it all the time, they're shite'. As if that somehow backed up his point.

Guy in the pub tried to tell me that Dado Prso was better than Didier Drogba, I love Dado but...

That Pep only wins titles because he coaches at elite clubs. That's a common trope among some football fans. I don't get it.

That the Champions League should be exclusively for Champions of each European country. A fine idea in an ideal world, but nobody wants to watch Juventus batter lumps out of Flora Tallinn.

I’ve been guilty of two in recent years. I wanted Gerrard gone after the Hamilton game. I’ve got a WhatsApp message on my phone to a mate stating this and the Davis is done, Goldson needs punted, Jack is pedestrian.

I was also a fully signed up member of the Jason Cummings should have started before Alfredo fan club.

In closing, I am a fanny who doesn’t have a clue really.
I’m guessing your phone has been hacked tonight?

Filth fan in the days of Saint Martin and still to this day many hold the view that they should get automatic entry to the CL group stages due to being previous winners
Didn't go down well when i said an equal comparison was East Fife and the Scottish cup

Last night I had someone tell me last night that winning the Europa League is a realistic expectation of this Rangers team. When I called out that particular nugget of bullshit, they hit me with 'Villarreal won it last season and Sevilla win it all the time, they're shite'. As if that somehow backed up his point.

Guy in the pub tried to tell me that Dado Prso was better than Didier Drogba, I love Dado but...

That Pep only wins titles because he coaches at elite clubs. That's a common trope among some football fans. I don't get it.

That the Champions League should be exclusively for Champions of each European country. A fine idea in an ideal world, but nobody wants to watch Juventus batter lumps out of Flora Tallinn.
Last point fair enough.

1/ well wouldnt say they were shite thats daft but if they can win it then you can understand why Rangers fans believe we should go far and compete with a lot of these sides. Rangers and Celtic have made the final so it is possible with some luck in the draw and good team spirit/belief.
We should have done a bit better against Lyon tested their defence looked suspect to me the whole happy to lose just glad to be there is all a bit tartan army.
2/no dont think so no chance but least you had a good night in the pub putting him right.
3/ is true hes quite overrated looks as if hes thinking of bolting from city cos hes worried about the competition this year. next stop psg.

I would agree with this now, but if it had always been the champions of each country then perhaps a consistent share of the cash would see smaller clubs compete.

Moreover, it would allow the cash to trickle down those leagues and gradually improve all the sides in it.

However, it’s already gone way too far to go back now - would be pointless if it happened now.

My dad said Harry Kane is over rated and no that good.
A said he won a the golden boot at the World Cup and he said aye 3 against Costa Rica and he hits the penalties.
Harry Kane is the world's best striker, despite winning absolutely nothing and falling apart when it really matters and the pressure is on.

He'd be lucky to be top 10.

There was a guy from NI who used to post on here who utterly despised Scottish people and Scottish Rangers players tended to get the brunt of his mentalism. Reidy I think he was called. Barry Ferguson was pish, McGregor was overrated. The usual mindless stuff.

He also totally over hyped anything or anyone that came from NI.

He used to argue that Steven Craigan was better than Madjid Bougherra.

There was a guy from NI who used to post on here who utterly despised Scottish people and Scottish Rangers players tended to get the brunt of his mentalism. Reidy I think he was called. Barry Ferguson was pish, McGregor was overrated. The usual mindless stuff.

He also totally over hyped anything or anyone that came from NI.

He used to argue that Steven Craigan was better than Madjid Bougherra.

Bwahahaha. That's a blast from the past. "Reidy" it was. He used to post about Aaron Hughes as if he was Beckenbauer.

I would agree with this now, but if it had always been the champions of each country then perhaps a consistent share of the cash would see smaller clubs compete.

Moreover, it would allow the cash to trickle down those leagues and gradually improve all the sides in it.

However, it’s already gone way too far to go back now - would be pointless if it happened now.

There wouldn't be anywhere near the same cash in it though, so it's a moot point.

Reactions: VGM
Someone shouting this mob are shite last night.
In fairness he could have been directing that at Rangers :D

Here’s a two for one... I have read on here a few times that Cedric Itten will be brilliant for us. I will be forever great-full for his Motherwell game rescue act but I don’t think there’s a chance that he will make it with us.

Back