Worst Football Related Opinions You Have Heard/Read?

Last point fair enough.

1/ well wouldnt say they were shite thats daft but if they can win it then you can understand why Rangers fans believe we should go far and compete with a lot of these sides. Rangers and Celtic have made the final so it is possible with some luck in the draw and good team spirit/belief.
We should have done a bit better against Lyon tested their defence looked suspect to me the whole happy to lose just glad to be there is all a bit tartan army.
2/no dont think so no chance but least you had a good night in the pub putting him right.
3/ is true hes quite overrated looks as if hes thinking of bolting from city cos hes worried about the competition this year. next stop psg.

We'll have to agree to disagree. As good as this current Rangers side are, we don't have anywhere near the depth of talent to draw from, that clubs like Sevilla and Villarreal have on a regular basis. That's just a harsh reality. They play at a higher level than we do on a weekly basis. As for having a 'tartan army' mindset, well I don't, I'm just very realistic about our chances in Europe. Especially in the latter stages. We've reached one final in my entire life time. I've got every reason to not expect too much.

Again, have to agree to disagree. Pep Guardiola is a top coach and he's proven it time and time again imo. You don't break the records he has, if it's purely down to out spending the opposition.

I actually forgot about the river of she.ite I've heard from the yahoos.

Remember when they went through a phase of comparing young players as the next...?

Mark burchill, the next Michael Owen

Everything any of them ever said about McGeady. I'll never forget some roaster on their forum claiming he'd seen ronaldhinho go up to him in a pre match warmup to ask him how to do something. Batshit crazy.

Dembele £40 mil.

Didier Agathe £20 mil

I could go on and on and on...
Have you forgotten, that Brian McGlauchlin was the next Jimmy Johnstone?

Or had you forgotten about him anyway?

Harry Kane is the world's best striker, despite winning absolutely nothing and falling apart when it really matters and the pressure is on.

He'd be lucky to be top 10.
He's won golden boots in the PL and at the WC.

May not be the very best in the world but that's too far the other way.

We'll have to agree to disagree. As good as this current Rangers side are, we don't have anywhere near the depth of talent to draw from, that clubs like Sevilla and Villarreal have on a regular basis. That's just a harsh reality. They play at a higher level than we do on a weekly basis. As for having a 'tartan army' mindset, well I don't, I'm just very realistic about our chances in Europe. Especially in the latter stages. We've reached one final in my entire life time. I've got every reason to not expect too much.

Again, have to agree to disagree. Pep Guardiola is a top coach and he's proven it time and time again imo. You don't break the records he has, if it's purely down to out spending the opposition.
Pep is very good. He just needs to win the CL.

He has been in semis and finals and has totally failed to perform. For me to be one of the best in the world, a player capable of raising his game and helping his team over the line, a big game player. Not disappearing within himself when it matters most.

You aren't going to make many finals playing with Spurs.

I get it, you don't like English football.

Last edited:
Alen Boksic being better than Lewandowski was a belter on here recently (no offence to the poster, seems a decent guy and entitled to his opinion).

Was that the guy that posted his top 10 and you could tell that two or three of them were just thrown in to be hipster?

Heard a hibs fan tell me, completely seriously, that Larsson was the best player ever to play in Scotland by quite some distance.

Nearly slapped him
It's wrong, but not completely ridiculous. He's regarded as one of that mob's top 2 or 3 all time players is he not?

Just about anything Michael Owen says.

People on here defending PC.

People on here touring Derek McInnes as our next manager.

A guy I used to work with was convinced Arsenal were going to run away with the league the year Liverpool ran away with it.

“Celtic will win 10 in a row and probably go onto 11,12,13,14, 15 and UEFA will move us to the Premier League as we’re too good for Scotland.”

“Valencia are the Aberdeen of Spain.”

It's wrong, but not completely ridiculous. He's regarded as one of that mob's top 2 or 3 all time players is he not?
He's top three in our time of watching football (both early 30's) but third behind laudrup and gazza.

I think it was the surety of it. Nuts

I told a few pals Neymar would flop at Barcelona and end up on loan at Zaragoza or someone of that ilk.

gn21.png
gn20.png

People on here defending PC.
To be fair I don't think anyone was really defending how it was unfolding just that it seemed to be a second (in recent memory) attempt at bringing in a foreign manager and Scottish football deciding we're too unique for practically any input from the rest of the world. Advocaat being able to sign Dutch internationals and other multimillion pound signings made him a bit of an outlier.

Graham Potter is the best option we have to be the Rangers manager.

Kris Boyd is terrible and all he does is score goals.

All Barry does is pass sideways apart from that he’s crap.

Me, I told a fella I was talking to at a wedding last week on Ronaldo that he would probably be more of a penalty box striker for Manchester United as he couldn’t run. That night Match of the Day clocked him running into the Newcastle penalty box at 20mph with the ball. I talk shite at weddings.

May 2008. "Given the choice, I'd rather win the league than the UEFA Cup".
The reasoning being that it was better to stop them winning the league.

Various decent European sides being referred to as "pub team". Really, really, p!sses me off.

The guy on here who says Halliday is better than Borna makes me laugh.

- Hodson and Flanagan (Flannigan/Flannagan etc) over Tav.
- Cummings over Morelos

I remember back around that time people were saying we should sell Morelos and recoup what we paid for him.

That Penny Arcade and the colours mentioned are a link to the degrees in the masons and all part of a bigger conspiracy!

It goes that high, you’ve no idea!

A big guy now gone never missed a game and always came home unhappy,anyway after game where negri scored 5 goals against Dundee Utd I met him in our local,I said how did negri do? He replied he scored 5 and that was it and then called him a lazy bastard:)

The one posted late last night about the management having serious questions to answer after we lost 0-2 to August 2020 Champions League semi-finalists. Understand heat of the moment after a defeat and all that, but it was an absolute shocker.
I still don't get what his point was with that. He was making out as if people were acting like Lyon and Motherwell were of the same calibre. Utterly bizarre.

Re TAV "his overall contribution to the side has dipped, alarmingly in my view"

"lose on Wednesday and the pressure on Gerrard will be unbearable", a view proudly owned by @Aww Skew, yip, he actually typed that
He's just upset he can't go to Parkhead any more and that Rangers won't change the entire ticket set up to suit him. I actually almost admire the lack of self awareness.

“Insert new Celtic players name” is with £30m after a couple of games. It’s all the time and the media assist in this gaslighting. Tiresome bullshit.

All the DL and Sun journalists last year that made predictions on who would win the league.

kent being injured may be a good thing ... from a Rangers fan

Some merit in that tbf. Currently Kent is undroppable regardless of performances so a few weeks out gives someone else a chance, gives the team a bit of a fresh look and hopefully gives Kent a kick up the arse for when he's back.

Back