Worst referee performance I’ve ever seen

There are a lot of players at Rangers.
Probably more than the Motherwell manager has to draw on, and hopefully more of better quality.
So weakness of squad is maybe an excuse against The Filth, but it doesn't wash in a match against Motherwell.

Now you can chase me all day if you want about what team I would or wouldn't have picked, but the short of it all, is that I don't spend all week on the training ground with the players, and I don't have eight hours a day to study our opponents.
Further who do you reckon Dave King will be pissed off with tonight over team selection and failure on the park, Pedro or me?

Take your time.
Took my time.
IMO I don't think King will be pissed off with Pedro.I think King will be more pissed of with himself for not trying to stop the Portuguese failure being appointed.King will know the squad of players up for choice will struggle against the bottom half of the league at times and no system or certain lineups will make a great deal of difference.
King is in shit creek and so are all of us as a clubs support.

Shocking refereeing performance! Professional incompetence at best, blatant cheating more like. Even my normally stoic wife was howling abuse at the telly in the second half.....

Motherwell set their stall out in the media this week for all to see. Unless McLean's inability to apply the laws of the game matches his ignorance of the pre-match hype of a game he was down to officiate, then he is blameless.
Or... he just thought it was a good career move.

The referee and officials are a joke but we know that before we enter the pitch, we need to compete and out fight our opponents at every level and produce a winning performance on the park we didn’t do it again today when it matters and that hurts more than the decisions a joke of a ref makes.

Took my time.
IMO I don't think King will be pissed off with Pedro.I think King will be more pissed of with himself for not trying to stop the Portuguese failure being appointed.King will know the squad of players up for choice will struggle against the bottom half of the league at times and no system or certain lineups will make a great deal of difference.
King is in shit creek and so are all of us as a clubs support.

That is an interesting take on things.
You may be right.
The next few days will be interesting I suppose.

Rangers have never ever been far away from a crisis, even when we were winning leagues galore.
That is the nature of the pressures at the club.
The last five or so years we have been living with the word crisis.
I suspect most of us don't even lift an eyebrow at the word anymore.

People are forgetting Bowman shouldn’t have been on the pitch to break Cardoso’s nose,he was on a booking then he left a foot in on John in the first half.
Motherwell were filthy bastards today,I expect the ref to do his job and apply the rules.
Totally agree , Bowman should have walked at that point and they would not have had control of the game with 10 men . No doubt the compliance officer will have something to say on that on the Bowman assault .....aye right !

People are forgetting Bowman shouldn’t have been on the pitch to break Cardoso’s nose,he was on a booking then he left a foot in on John in the first half.
Motherwell were filthy bastards today,I expect the ref to do his job and apply the rules.

Was about to say the same, the late challenge on John was a second yellow. Should have been off.

That is an interesting take on things.
You may be right.
The next few days will be interesting I suppose.

Rangers have never ever been far away from a crisis, even when we were winning leagues galore.
That is the nature of the pressures at the club.
The last five or so years we have been living with the word crisis.
I suspect most of us don't even lift an eyebrow at the word anymore.
I know what kind of pressures I would rather have and so do you

look the ref was a disgrace but it was 11 v 11 nd half and we shat it

the ref was a disgrace yes but what the fuk are we doing, 40k gets fans ans we get beat 2 0

Quality?
In Pena?
You're kidding yourself.
Bar 4 goals he has done nothing
His touch is poor, his effort is non existent, he doesn't look to get involved in moves and doesn't link with Morelos.

The only player he reminds me of is Dragan Mladenovic in that he doesn't actually look like a football player.

Absolute tosh.

Anyone who thinks officials are setting out to cheat us, or any other team, should not go to or watch football anymore.

General standards of refereeing is terrible but they're not cheating us.
Did he cheat with Alves at the end? No, he was just rubbish and made several astonishing decisions during the game.

Using logic like that shows that there isn’t a real understanding of how we are being cheated. You will notice it in most of these occasions. Once the cheating has had its desired effect, i.e. the game is over, then they let a few decisions slip in the other direction so that it is “even”.

There is an obvious agenda against our team this season. You’d have to be either blind or daft not to see it. The only game that we have honestly lost / dropped points was the Hearts draw at home.

I said this earlier as well. Not just for challenges, but fo rthe safety of players. 2 head knocks, 1 with a bit of blood and the other gushing out his face. He should be demoted.

Both teams could have finished with 8 men.
Bowman kipre and Moult
Alves Cardoso & (I think) Herrera pushing a player over in the melee.

I have read some right p!sh from you on here over the years, but this is quite frankly the worst.

Herrera pushing a player over in the melee ffs did you see what went on in the game ? Moult should have got another yellow for simulation going down like that.

Had the ref done his job and sent off Bowman instead of bottling it none of the other incidents would have happened.

Even if we forget the countless wrong decisions made, he can't hide from the fact that TWICE he let play go while the player was on the ground with blood pishing from their head. There's getting 50/50 calls wrong and then there's potentially life threatening ineptitude. Today proved that he is not fit to be a referee.

Terrible refereeing performance however nowhere even near Beaton's from the Hibs game started Ibrox.

He certainly didn't help but we didn't lose that today because of the referee.

He was poor but that isn’t why we lost the game. Alves should have been off the park also.
We were poor of that there is no doubt. We at no time forced there keeper to do anything that wasn't comfortable.

However it is a lot easier if you are playing shite and the referee does his job. I am never one to berate refs and accuse them of cheating and hopefully I will never join that particular bandwagon but criticism where it is due is not limited to our players today.

Motherwell should have been down to 9 men in the first half but despite what appeared to straight forward decisions they kept their full compliment. One of those players then escaped a red card for the second time in the second half.

Alves could/should have gone (as could Moult in same incident) but this was not at a point that the outcome would have been changed.

Ultimately we should only look at ourselves but having a match officiated to the laws of the game would be advantageous.

Referees have been directed to find against us in games...Alnwick fouled at their first goal...Alves elbowed by Moult before kicking out...Morelos, Cardoso,Candeias and the manager WTF?

Motherwell would have had 3 sent off against anybody else today this happened earlier in the season.
Alnwick was not fouled.

Even his decision last minute. Big motherwell defender all over Candeias, i think. He gave a motherwell free kick. It was almost like he was looking to give Motherwell the free kick

I dont give a %^*& if Pedro gets banned or fined or whatever he needs to come out and slate the referees in this country. Honestly fucking shocking

As a result of his incompetence we have a player with a broken nose. How did he think Cardoso gets blood all over his face and jersey? Why didn't he stop the game? What were the two muppet's with flags and the 4th official doing?

What else is new?? The refs are constantly terrible week in week out. We just notice it more because we can never man the hell up and win the game despite them. Rangers must have had at least 5 glorious opportunities to score and cocked them all up. Football is just not a sport where you can squander your chances when they are so rare. Today they were plentiful and they still were too inept to finish. The players are just not good enough period. We cannot wait around and hope the refs get better, they are getting worse.

Are we the only team in Scotland who have to simply accept this ?

We cry “but we should’ve been good enough to counter the disgraceful ref”

Do others accept it?
Do they balls - they greet, complain and harass refs
So much that even despite the years of favourable Yahoo decisions from refs - they get a half a decision against them and want the ref strung up

From day one of the season when Moult was allowed to have three elbows with only one yellow to show for it - most of our games have seen at least one “game changing” error

I’m not taking about a throw in wrongly given or a marginal offside
It’s red cards, penalties and key decisions not given
Could anyone argue that Morelos of Celtic getting taken down in that last game against Them wouldn’t have been given a penalty?

Send a Murderwell player off & We go on to win, career suicide for any Ref I'm afraid.They have the proverbial loaded gun held to their head by The Mickey (Mhouse) Mhedia.

Other teams harass the referee, make representations to the sfa, get refs sacked, complain to the media. We sit back and say nothing. I am glad Bruno has spoken out. If only our board had the guts to challenge the authorities.

Really? So they shoud not have been down to 10 men after about half an hour? That completely changes the game and to say "can't blame the ref for that" is either moronic or coming right out a poets mouth.
hat doffed sir you just hit the nail on the head to the lurkers on here tonight bastards to a man sitting with their buckky having a snigger because you have managed to get your sneeky cowardly comments under the radar but choke on your drink because we will be back and do you know what you will disapear like the scum you are ....but we will be back :):):):) so %^*& you

There's 2 ways to look at this.

Firstly, if the ref had done his job we would have been playing against 10 men, maybe even 9 men, in the first half. That has to be a huge factor.
But he didn't send one of our players off or give them a dodgy penalty, so he never done anything in a 11v11 game to stop us beating a team made up of rejects and free transfers.

11 Rangers players should beat 11 Motherwell players in a cup semi final no matter how often they kick us.

we need to make life as hard as possible for for these cheating refs.the club also have to speak out now.all game we were asaulted what player would want to play for us and put up with that?

Ref was poor for both sides.

He had absolutely no control of that game

I don't agree he was poor for both teams. He was perfect for them. His laxity, incompetence and failure to get a grip of the game, suited their agricultural style of play to a tee.

Do people not realise how we got here in the first place. We sing a song about the referee we boo them at full time and then we let it go and go onto the next game which is the same as the last.

The mhanks put so much pressure on referees that they went on strike ffs.

The refs backed down and decided that it was better to be compliant than rock the boat and that is where we are now. As a club we are such an easy touch. You can shout about Moult signing for us and being the physical force we need but as soon as that blue jersey is pulled on in their sites we are an easy target.

Punish the hun (not my words but they way it is seen and done) or face the wrath of a compliant mhedia who are willing to turn a blind eye against any misdemeanours against us.

McLean must have seen the elbow on Cardoso, its so blatant. You could also hear the smack 50 yards away in the stands. Chose to ignore it and play on. Cheat.

Morelos hacked down through on goal, nothing, Morelos fouls, yellow card. Cheat

That muppet of a full back, persistent fouling, nothing. Cheat.

I think it’s about 11 mins into the game when Bowman should have been red carded, that decision if taken changes the whole aspect of the game.
Then we have the numerous elbows in faces which he refused to punish and eventually ends up with Cardoso having a broken nose (actually heard the contact where we were sat), even then he doesn’t stop the game and seems to be totally oblivious to what’s happening.
Many on here want the Club to speak out and I agree it’s about time we went after this or are we expected to pay our money, turn and and watch our team losing games due to referees and their interpretations of what rules count when playing Rangers and which ones can be ignored?
If Motherwell players do the same in the Final against that lot how many will be on the field at the end of the game?

It will never stop until the club do something, they seriously need to start growing a set and deal with the issue in hand. How many more injuries like the one with Cordoso will it take? it is now fair game to elbow our players.

That being said today we were utterly abysmal, our players let us down all over the pitch and the manager is clearly on borrowed time

To sin by silence when they should protest makes cowards of men. Abraham Lincoln

I think it’s about 11 mins into the game when Bowman should have been red carded, that decision if taken changes the whole aspect of the game.
Then we have the numerous elbows in faces which he refused to punish and eventually ends up with Cardoso having a broken nose (actually heard the contact where we were sat), even then he doesn’t stop the game and seems to be totally oblivious to what’s happening.
Many on here want the Club to speak out and I agree it’s about time we went after this or are we expected to pay our money, turn and and watch our team losing games due to referees and their interpretations of what rules count when playing Rangers and which ones can be ignored?
If Motherwell players do the same in the Final against that lot how many will be on the field at the end of the game?

To sin by silence when they should protest makes cowards of men. Abraham Lincoln

Annoys me that on threads like this people always say 'you can't blame the ref for our performance' - does that mean refs can't be criticised because we didn't play well as a team? Why do they need to go hand in hand?

We could've played brilliantly but the ref still had a mare.

Last man challenge on Morelos, not given
Morelos booked for persistent fouling after 2 challenges
Bowman on a yellow, breaks a players nose with another elbow, nothing

And to be fair:

Alves should have been off.
Two blood injuries and both times doesn’t stop the game

I’ve never seen a performance that inept before.

I can't believe how incompetent McLean was, he was a disgrace and shouldn't even be officiating at schoolboy level.

W.A.T.P.

Really? So they shoud not have been down to 10 men after about half an hour? That completely changes the game and to say "can't blame the ref for that" is either moronic or coming right out a poets mouth.

Agreed, these bad decisions affect how a game goes and we seem to be getting much more than our share of these decisions. How on Earth do they get away with it on a weekly basis? Is there not supposed to be a referee supervisor?

W.A.T.P.

Referees have been directed to find against us in games...Alnwick fouled at their first goal...Alves elbowed by Moult before kicking out...Morelos, Cardoso,Candeias and the manager WTF?

Motherwell would have had 3 sent off against anybody else today this happened earlier in the season.

You can bet your house on it that Motherwell will NOT be allowed to use those tactics against the scum or if they do they will finish the game with 7 men!

W.A.T.P.

Agreed, these bad decisions affect how a game goes and we seem to be getting much more than our share of these decisions. How on Earth do they get away with it on a weekly basis? Is there not supposed to be a referee supervisor?

W.A.T.P.
A referee supervisor described John Beatons performance in the game against Hibs as EXCELLENT so don't waste your time with supervisors , no way will they criticise their own

No doubt about it, its open season on Rangers as far as bad Refs go.
Only way to stop it and get a level playing field again is to shout, complain and highlight and repeat, it worked great for the ta!gs.

Not even the worst this season ffs.

Yep. Honestly I don't think McLean was so much against us, as just completely and utterly unwilling to make any decision which could have been considered game changing. Bizarrely cowardly refereeing you could see that with the Moult/Alves handbags, by rights both should have been off but he took the easy way out. How Bowman stayed on the pitch I don't know.

Back