Worst referee performance I’ve ever seen

I have read some right p!sh from you on here over the years, but this is quite frankly the worst.

Herrera pushing a player over in the melee ffs did you see what went on in the game ? Moult should have got another yellow for simulation going down like that.

Had the ref done his job and sent off Bowman instead of bottling it none of the other incidents would have happened.
So pushing a player over is ok?
Just because the ref cocked other stuff up?

If there's contact and he pushed him, it's a red. Regardless of how easily he went down.

The facts the conspiracy theorists are missing are:
It was 11 v 11
There was no dodgy penalty or offside goals
We couldn't beat Motherwell 11 v 11
We are pish. The referee not sending off players (for both teams) won't change that fact.
We can bitch, moan and make all the excuses we like but we have a manager and a squad of players who aren't good enough & don't have the required mentality or skill set to take us anywhere other than 3rd or 4th. Quite frankly we've been had. A manager who shouldn't have got through the first interview, then given millions to spend and after 7 odd months at the club hasn't won 3 in a row. These are the facts.
Ultimately who does the blame fall on?

The board!
They've hired him, watched him take us to some of our most embarrassing results in recent history, continue to get by with wee sound bites or bizarre actions getting some on side to distract from the fact that we are garbage on and off the field.

We lost due to not playing well - and absolutely shocking refereeing.

I was in the west stand and seen the assault on Morelos as clear as day. You have to ask - what did the referee think he saw while looking straight at it?

I try to give a ref some sort of benefit of the doubt if he is unsighted - but that was a straight red all day long for me.

Cardoso's broken nose was straight in front of him. And, even if he claimed he couldn't see it, the game passed Cardoso right after it - yet he still never stopped the play for a head knock.

Too many decisions which were simply baffling.

Why do so many delight on the fact that we lost?

There were 3 major decisions that he didn't give: the kick to Morelos, the broken nose and if the same scenario at the goal was at the other end he would have given a free kick for the pull on the keeper.

The Morelos one was preventing a goal scoring opportunity ( There would have been no one between Morelos and the goal).

DMzoElJWAAAD3ZV.jpg:large

Assault on Morelos.

DMzn_s6WsAEsEeC.jpg:large

Elbow on Cardoso.

DMzogCkWkAAKRcF.jpg

Shortly after the elbow, play breaks up, Cardoso grounded. Head knock. Ref still doesn't stop game.

So pushing a player over is ok?
Just because the ref cocked other stuff up?

If there's contact and he pushed him, it's a red. Regardless of how easily he went down.

No it's not a red card, players push and shove others all the time, if you think that was violent conduct you have serious issues. It was what he got a yellow card, one of the few incidents the ref got right, what Moult was booked for I have no idea ?

The big question is, if we had tackled, pushed and elbowed for 90 minutes the way Motherwell did, how many blue shirts would have lasted 90 minutes.

Time for Pedro to sign a Hurlock and Ferguson and let us see the reaction from referees and Scottish Media.

No it's not a red card, players push and shove others all the time, if you think that was violent conduct you have serious issues. It was what he got a yellow card, one of the few incidents the ref got right, what Moult was booked for I have no idea ?

For aiming his studs at Brunos face

Most probably true, but even with the best referee in the world we wouldn't have won that game.
I disagree for if the ref made the right decisions the game would have changed the mindset of both teams positive for us and negative for them given at least two players of theirs should have been off!

Why do so many delight on the fact that we lost?

There were 3 major decisions that he didn't give: the kick to Morelos, the broken nose and if the same scenario at the goal was at the other end he would have given a free kick for the pull on the keeper.

The Morelos one was preventing a goal scoring opportunity ( There would have been no one between Morelos and the goal).

There was more than 3 major incidents, each and every elbow is a major incident, there was one clear as day right in front of McLean 20 seconds in on Dorrans he looked straight at it and done nothing.

He lost all control of that game from the very first minute.

Let's not all forget McLean was not slow in sending Lee McCulloch off early doors against St Mirren in probably the first game he took charge of involving us, for an alleged swinging of his elbow.

Strange why as the years have gone by he continues to apply the laws of the game differently if the incident is for or against us.

I haven't been this angry after a game in years. Utterly disgraceful display by the referee.
You couldn't have been at the hibs game then, I wasnt annoyed, angry or upset as it's just the norm to allow rangers players to be assaulted, rugby tackled, stamped on. I'm just waiting for some count to bite one of our players.

Just saw a video where Pedro was sent to the stand. The referee never went within 5 yards of him..............and never said a single word. Just pointed to the stand.

Arrogance................

For aiming his studs at Brunos face

You reckon ? I don't think it was, if that was the case both (Alves and him) would have been booked, you see it all the time players tangle on the ground and appear to kick out as they try to get up, proving intent of a kick to contact when straightening your leg or freeing yourself from an opponent is too difficult for a ref to prove so generally it's yellow cards to both.

Personally I think it was for his reaction, simulation, he folded like a pack of cards as soon as he felt a touch, he dived pure and simple.

Absolutely sickening performance from the ref, we don't stand a chance in these conditions. If we fight back on the pitch our players will get red cards.
For all Pedros faults I genuinely feel for him here, what chance has he got?

The one in the first half on Morelos is a massive call he missed,McLean has no excuse for not sending the Motherwell player off, it was right in front of him no other players blocking his view, he shat it to put them to 10 men.

The smash on Cardoso breaking his nose and seeing his face covered in blood. Carry on nothing to see here.

Another 2 Motherwell players could have easily went if it wasn't for this referees ineptitude, one of the most pathetic performances I have witnessed in over 40 years watching the game.

Alves and Moult could have no excuses if both of them had been sent packing but the rat in black had long since lost the plot by then.

Just saw a video where Pedro was sent to the stand. The referee never went within 5 yards of him..............and never said a single word. Just pointed to the stand.

That is McLean for you, struts about like a peacock, every game it's got to be all about him, tries to get as much camera time as possible. In general calls players over for little or no reason just in the hope the camera will be on him, strangely not yesterday he avoided giving fouls and more importantly yellow and red cards.

It was fear and cowardice, not arrogance.

Absolutely sickening performance from the ref, we don't stand a chance in these conditions. If we fight back on the pitch our players will get red cards.
For all Pedros faults I genuinely feel for him here, what chance has he got?

The worrying thing is the amount on here that have never taken to him and are happy to turn a blind eye to the fact what has been going on to stick the boot into him.

The cun t was honking yesterday. Apart from the Alves incident (which i assume he did not see) he gave us %^*& all and let the motherwell players boot and elbow our players all over the park. There is no doubt we would have won the game if the cun t done his job properly, anyone saying othewise need to shut up.... The thing is, is this ref as bad at all other matches he referees or is this a one off?

Simple fact is, we couldn't stop Motherwell scoring 2 goals. We also couldn't score with numerous opportunities.

The ref affected the game but he did not cost us the game. A poor performance did that.

I do think our referees are a disgrace but lets face the facts. Our players and manager aren't good enough. The most expensive of which the manager has brought in simply isn't going to work.

We're out of two competitions to lesser teams. We can't string a run of results together. Refs aren't causing that, our manager is.

In what way did the ref affect the game we were clearly the better side first half even with the ridiculous officialdom of that period? You talk about facts it is a fact that poor refereeing decisions can and do change games!

When assessing refereeing performances in any game involving RFC, it's only ever a question of the degree of incompetence. Or, more sinisterly, their corruption. They like the fat fees, so they do what is easy for themselves. The SFA is corrupt & not fit for purpose.

It was 11 v 11
We are pish. The referee not sending off players (for both teams) won't change that fact.
We can bitch, moan and make all the excuses we like but we have a manager and a squad of players who aren't good enough & don't have the required mentality or skill set to take us anywhere other than 3rd or 4th. Quite frankly we've been had. A manager who shouldn't have got through the first interview, then given millions to spend and after 7 odd months at the club hasn't won 3 in a row. These are the facts.

The board!
They've hired him, watched him take us to some of our most embarrassing results in recent history, continue to get by with wee sound bites or bizarre actions getting some on side to distract from the fact that we are garbage on and off the field.
"There was no dodgy penalty or offside goals"

Agreed however the absolute assualt on Morelos when through on goal should have resulted in a red card. Not even a free kick given.

It was 11 v 11

The board!
If the referee does his job properly by applying the laws of the game and allowing us to play football, Motherwell would have been down to 9 men midway through the first half.

To suggest the ref not sending those 2 players off didn't make a difference is complete lunacy.

Reactions: blu
were the media dregs happy with the match officials performance ? well then thats all he cares about. Forget integrity.

Its actually incredible that bears are still backing the refs in what they are doing to the club but i suppose thats part of the reason it happens. They see a weak club everyone hates and believe cheating us is good for their careers, which tbf it clearly is.

For everyone that wants this manager out, fair enough, but they will cheat the next man too and the next guy, its what they do.

If the referee does his job properly by applying the laws of the game and allowing us to play football, Motherwell would have been down to 9 men midway through the first half.

To suggest the ref not sending those 2 players off didn't make a difference is complete lunacy.

So what you're admitting is we can't beat an 11 man Motherwell?
Cardoso would've walked as well in the first half.

"There was no dodgy penalty or offside goals"

Agreed however the absolute assualt on Morelos when through on goal should have resulted in a red card. Not even a free kick given.

We shouldn't rely on red cards to beat Motherwell. That's the problem for me.
Bad decisions happen week in week out.
Unfortunately for us they coincide with piss poor performances from our players as well.

We shouldn't rely on red cards to beat Motherwell. That's the problem for me.
Bad decisions happen week in week out.
Unfortunately for us they coincide with piss poor performances from our players as well.
Looking at a game you obviously look at your own team first and foremost. Nobody can argue we were anything other than shite.

However being shite against 9 men for around an hour or so, had the referee done his job properly, makes it much easier.

When a game is analysed all factors have to be taken in to account.

So what you're admitting is we can't beat an 11 man Motherwell?
Cardoso would've walked as well in the first half.

Certainly not. Where did I say that?

Motherwell stopped us playing football, by kicking and elbowing us off the park, aided and abetted by a shocking referee, who failed to apply the laws of the game.

It happens week in, week out, yet the first foul by a Rangers player is punished.

No idea why you reckon Cardoso should have been given a red card in the first half. I assume you are talking about when he jumped and his arm brushed Moult's face. Never a red card and for you to suggest that it was on a par with the elbow on Cardoso is nonsense.

Is it safe to assume that you are On The Line under a different guise?

Same style of writing, same tosh posted, same backing of crap officials who literally shift the goalposts to suit their agenda.

What did Cardoso do?

I’ve had my suspicions about you for a while now with some of your posts.

I doubt you’re actually a bear

I'm pretty sure it's On The Line.

He has been conspicuous by his absence and never misses a chance to Troll ref bashing threads.

What did Cardoso do?

I’ve had my suspicions about you for a while now with some of your posts.

I doubt you’re actually a bear
U can be a suspicious person all u want as if that detracts from my point :confused:
Elbowed Moult. Moult off for treatment, they had a corner and almost scored twice with Jack I think clearing off the line.

An attempt to bring some levity to proceedings. Still about referees and was posted a few times on the old board, but worth a wee giggle...

So it would have been a booking like Bowman's card?
No, both should have been a red card.
Both teams should have finished with 9 men at most.
You can't defend the actions of our players by pointing out what their players done or what the referee never done.
Alves and Cardoso should have walked
Moult and Bowman should have walked
The 2 more contentious ones were Herrera and Kipre who both (by the letter of the law) should have walked.

Certainly not. Where did I say that?

Motherwell stopped us playing football, by kicking and elbowing us off the park, aided and abetted by a shocking referee, who failed to apply the laws of the game.

It happens week in, week out, yet the first foul by a Rangers player is punished.

No idea why you reckon Cardoso should have been given a red card in the first half. I assume you are talking about when he jumped and his arm brushed Moult's face. Never a red card and for you to suggest that it was on a par with the elbow on Cardoso is nonsense.

Is it safe to assume that you are On The Line under a different guise?

Same style of writing, same tosh posted, same backing of crap officials who literally shift the goalposts to suit their agenda.

His arm brushed him. Leaving him bleeding and needing treatment.
Who said it's on par with what happened to Cardoso?
If you're going to try and disprove my points at least make sure you're not making stuff up.
A wee bit embarrassing the same as the OTL stuff.

No, both should have been a red card.
Both teams should have finished with 9 men at most.
You can't defend the actions of our players by pointing out what their players done or what the referee never done.
Alves and Cardoso should have walked
Moult and Bowman should have walked
The 2 more contentious ones were Herrera and Kipre who both (by the letter of the law) should have walked.
You can argue that Cardoso and Bowman could have walked had the referee been consistent. Given he only booked Bowman he should only have booked Cardoso.

Was it Kipre who brough down Morelos? Regardless of who it was he should have walked.

To be honest, Herrera was aggressive not violent and should only have been yellow. But at that point in proceedings the game was done. It's the decisions while the game was still in the balance that have influenced the outcome.

Last edited:
Nearly took his head off?

You're a crank. Must have missed Moult having to go off with his face smashed.
Yeah you must've. I've described the event in detail above. Go and have a look. Right before we hacked it off the line when they really should've scored twice from a corner

Back