Worst Referee performance involving us.

Clancy when we beat Celtic 2-1 at Parkhead.

It is the only time I have ever thought, and still do, that a referee is cheating.
Got to agree, it wasn’t just incompetence it was totally disregarding the rules of the game. Unbelievable how we managed to still win that game

Rangers 2 Hibs 3, Beaton suffered from temporary insanity, it is the worst referee performance I've seen in the flesh. He has actually recovered to be a passable referee though, I thought he was finished after that match. He is on a par with the rest of them, Clancy of course is just a cheat.

Beaton vs. Hibs is the single most disgraceful refereeing performance I've ever seen in my life.

Stokes going nuclear against our full team and only getting a yellow whilst Jack got sent off for absolutely nothing. McGregor wrestling Morelos to the deck and getting a freekick for it. Dylan McGeough on a yellow and somehow escaping a red despite several fouls including a professional foul on the halfway line when we were on the break.
I could be wrong but I’m sure McGregor was on a yellow when he clothes lined Morelos that day and Beaton gave Hibs the free kick and booked Morelos. All of the contentious stuff was in the first half as well and Hibs should have had 8 on the park by half time. Stokes wrestled Tavernier to the ground and was getting involved everywhere and the McGeough incident. Still gets me annoyed to this day

Seen a few shockers over the years, not necessarily cheating but fkn terrible refereeing. I might be wrong and it’s all in my head but the worst refereeing decisions involving us have came in the last 10 years, wonder why. Andy Hallidays sending off, Candeias sending off by Collum, Clancys shocker at the piggery last season, but the worst ever in my 35years watching us must be Beaton against hibs a couple of years ago. Should have been struck off after that game, I can imagine the mhedia if that was one of their games. For them to say he’s a hun with a whistle is laughable, fkn shat himself to send Main off last week, him and Clancy are worth a watching. Clancy is just a mentally challenged full stop, but Beatons an absolute shitebag because of the constant allegations that he‘s a “hun”. Couple of pricks. Don Robertson is coming up fast on their heels as another one for the watching.

Good point.

How many other teams will have a collection of incidents like the Candeias red card for blowing a kiss or Halliday's for clenching a fist in celebration in the centre circle? Plenty of other dubious ones in the last couple of years ago involving Ryan Jack & Morelos.

Willie Young was the ref that day.

Some refs are just bad refs. But Clancy is a cheat.

Willie Young was a bad ref.

Andrew Waddell just loved being hated.

Nowdays, it's like refs think first about their windows when making a decision.
He was never a fans' favourite that was for sure but he was highly regarded by all the players in his day to the point some would say he was their favourite and this stemmed from the fact that he insisted they called him by his first name.

In the run in of the 2007-08 season there were countless big decisions that went against us and for them.

2-1 defeat the piggery, Venegoor of Hesselink goes in waist high on Novo at 1-1, yellow card only. Scores the winner. Barry Robson should have been off after 15 seconds for a forearm smash on Christian Daily as well.
Three days later they are 1-0 up against Aberdeen and Zander Diamond (of all people) equalises. That bastard Brines blows for a foul. Nobody knows why. He claims he sees a handball but any observer can see he shat it nearly as much as Diamond that he had cost them two points. Only time I’ve ever heard a referee have to go on Clyde 1 after the game to explain his decision. Literally nothing wrong with the goal and he chops it off.
We went on to lose 3-2 at the Piggery to an offside goal and a penalty where the foul was two yards outside the box.

The following week I think Cousin scored a winner at Easter Road (3 days after being sent off in Florence) and it’s wrongly flagged offside. Finishes 0-0. Same weekend they are 1-1 at Motherwell against the reserve team that Mark McGhee has sent out (another disgrace) and score a late winner from a corner that was so blatantly a goal kick. Can’t remember who the bastard was that day.

When you think of the call offs and tours of Japan that were invented that season, our treatment by the authorities, combined with almost every big game in that run in being altered in their favour by Officials, how can it be that they believe there is a conspiracy against them?

Winning the title this season will be sweet.

49-A9-FDE5-A3-D1-402-C-83-B7-C4189783-FC85.jpg

One of many howling decisions, as I said it was my first game as a ST holder & I had turned 18 the day before.

That prick soured the celebrations.

And I'm pretty sure he gave a foul for mcgregor

One of the most bizarre and frustrating decisions I’ve seen was when Diego Forman scored against us for Villarreal at Ibrox.
He was well offside but iirc the rule had recently changed (first phase vs second phase etc) and it felt like a real sore one.

One of the most bizarre and frustrating decisions I’ve seen was when Diego Forman scored against us for Villarreal at Ibrox.
He was well offside but iirc the rule had recently changed (first phase vs second phase etc) and it felt like a real sore one.

Got to agree the Beaton v hibs was unbelievable- genuinely could not believe what I was watching - our players were assaulted but blamed for it

Thomson in 0-0 draw versus them in 2010/11 season. Blatant cheating to award them penalty.

Thomson in 2010/11 League Cup Final - awarded us a penalty then rescinded, refused to send off Mulgrew.

This has always annoyed me as he tried his best to f us over that day.

Over the years of playing football and constantly being kicked and tripped there has been many occasions where i have been pleading for fouls/pens only to be told by various refs "if I don't see it, I can't give it", fair enough.

Thomson gave us that penalty almost instantaneously so he must have been sure, only to backtrack when he was mobbed by the sellik players.

I think the official take on it was the linesman who was further away with a worse view made the call that it was a dive.

There was contact with Jela's knee and Thomson saw it, gave it and then shat it, if he never seen it then why did he give it?

The commentary of the reply was a joke, great call etc as Rogna is bringing Jela down.

Not buying that Rogna pulled his leg away, there was contact.

4:49 contact made and if you pause it, it looks like the ref has a clear view.

He also refused to give us a penalty for a clear hand ball.

He failed to book a Sellick player for diving in our box, attempting to win a penalty.

This was only the stuff shown on the highlights, pretty sure there was a lot more that day.

Beaton's refereeing in the 2-3 game v Hibs when he sent off Ryan Jack is the angriest I have been leaving the ground from memory.
I can't think of a worse refereeing performance than that.

This has always annoyed me as he tried his best to f us over that day.

Over the years of playing football and constantly being kicked and tripped there has been many occasions where i have been pleading for fouls/pens only to be told by various refs "if I don't see it, I can't give it", fair enough.

Thomson gave us that penalty almost instantaneously so he must have been sure, only to backtrack when he was mobbed by the sellik players.

I think the official take on it was the linesman who was further away with a worse view made the call that it was a dive.

There was contact with Jela's knee and Thomson saw it, gave it and then shat it, if he never seen it then why did he give it?

The commentary of the reply was a joke, great call etc as Rogna is bringing Jela down.

Not buying that Rogna pulled his leg away, there was contact.

4:49 contact made and if you pause it, it looks like the ref has a clear view.

He also refused to give us a penalty for a clear hand ball.

He failed to book a Sellick player for diving in our box, attempting to win a penalty.

This was only the stuff shown on the highlights, pretty sure there was a lot more that day.
Screenshot-2021-01-16-at-04-01-32.png

Shite bag bottle job Thomson was always bottling big decisions for us, clear as day there is contact there and in motion you see his toes go back. As you can see Thomson has a decent view and immediately points to the spot. Absolute bottle job and was a tremendously over rated referee.

Bottle job linesman.

Bottle job commentary too from the shite bag "he's puwed his lug ewey. he's puwed his lug ewey" did he f*ck. Useless prick.

I could give you a list of games refereed by Craig Thompson where he doesn’t exactly hide his allegiances and clear bias for his own team. An absolute cùnt of a referee who had no business taking charge of top flight games.

That being said, Clancy at the piggery really does take some bearing, but watching Celtic get a penalty for a foul outside the box, Whittaker get red carded for two nothing challenges, and Hesselink get yellow carded for a chest high assault was something. I was at the piggery that day and I think when we left there was a feeling among the support the SFA and their favourite referee trying to help them to the title. Of course that was all but confirmed when they forced that ridiculous schedule upon us.

@Spyro now imagine the aftermath if that had been a sellik player up the other end, the screen grab you posted would have been on every paper in Scotland for about a week, Super Snoreboard would have went in to hyperactive, Thomsons family tree would have been sent to forensics.

In the run in of the 2007-08 season there were countless big decisions that went against us and for them.

Three days later they are 1-0 up against Aberdeen and Zander Diamond (of all people) equalises. That bastard Brines blows for a foul. Nobody knows why. He claims he sees a handball but any observer can see he shat it nearly as much as Diamond that he had cost them two points. Only time I’ve ever heard a referee have to go on Clyde 1 after the game to explain his decision. Literally nothing wrong with the goal and he chops it off.
That is possibly the most disgraceful refereeing decision ever.

Back