Worst top level Scottish team/player ever?

Christian Nadè the Hearts striker was abysmal, hilariously bad. I think he's still "playing" in the juniors somewhere.

On the other side of Edinburgh, Yves Ma-Kalambay who played in goal for Hibs was always good for a laugh.

Olivier Bernard was our worst player for fitness in last 20 years.

Griffiths is like a wee Tim that turns up to 5s or 7s once a week and think he's doing enough fitness whilst bevying and eating kebabs.

It would look less awful if he was bulkier up top but he's the shape of an upside down V now.

He's 31 and could drop a dress size or 2 very quickly. Only if he wants to.

Christian Nadè the Hearts striker was abysmal, hilariously bad. I think he's still "playing" in the juniors somewhere.

On the other side of Edinburgh, Yves Ma-Kalambay who played in goal for Hibs was always good for a laugh.

Nade trained in my gym and I see him from time to time.

He wasn't lifting heavy when I saw him but never thought he was overweight just one of those big guys who was bulky.

Worst team in the Top Flight has to be Hamilton Accies 1965-66.

Sorry to the poster Academical:oops:

Having failed to win any of their 6 League Cup fixtures at the beginning of the season
(4 of which were against lower League opposition)
They then went on to win only 1 of their first 27 League Games.
That solitary victory came in October in a 3-1 win v Stirling Albion.
It was preceded by a 0-7 v Dundee Utd, and a 0-4 v Aberdeen.
They followed up that sole victory by losing 1-7 at home to Rangers
(Jim Forrest scored 5, taking his tally to 118 Goals in 107 Games in two and a bit seasons).
Their next game was an 1-11 defeat at Easter Rd, then a 1-6 loss at home to Dunfermline, before tightening up their defence in a 0-5 loss at the Piggary.
41 Goals conceded in that 6 week period!
They ended the season conceding 117 Goals in 34 League games.
I'm not sure, but I don't think any team has conceded that many in the League since then.

article-0-0528C707000005DC-711_468x576.jpg

Tosh McKinley.....

Bears might remember him getting so much abuse at Ibrox one Wednesday evening when playing for Dundee that he nearly burst into tears B-)

I remember the Nade can do a job threads. They had another big lump aswell that got the same treatment. Can’t remember his name right now but he plays for Boro presently. Also a big diddy.

Our own Nuno Capucho and Sebo must be high up there.

Celtic signing Junhino was an utter car-crash.

The nineties DU Scandinavian influx of players was ridiculously bad too.

St Johnstone 2001/2. Not only did the team finish rock bottom, 19 points off safety and break the SPL's lowest-crowd record in the process, they spent actual cash signing a chap called Sammy Youssouf who was going to turn the season around up front. He scored more in the local pubs (with some of my mates' mums if rumours are true) but looked like he couldn't kick his own backside otherwise; let go at the end of the season and played an average of 10 games a season until retirement.

Worst team in the Top Flight has to be Hamilton Accies 1965-66.

Sorry to the poster Academical:oops:

Having failed to win any of their 6 League Cup fixtures at the beginning of the season
(4 of which were against lower League opposition)
They then went on to win only 1 of their first 27 League Games.
That solitary victory came in October in a 3-1 win v Stirling Albion.
It was preceded by a 0-7 v Dundee Utd, and a 0-4 v Aberdeen.
They followed up that sole victory by losing 1-7 at home to Rangers
(Jim Forrest scored 5, taking his tally to 118 Goals in 107 Games in two and a bit seasons).
Their next game was an 1-11 defeat at Easter Rd, then a 1-6 loss at home to Dunfermline, before tightening up their defence in a 0-5 loss at the Piggary.
41 Goals conceded in that 6 week period!
They ended the season conceding 117 Goals in 34 League games.
I'm not sure, but I don't think any team has conceded that many in the League since then.
At least we were in the “top flight” that season! Things actually got worse after that. We were bottom of the “bottom flight”, I seem to recall a newspaper article on “the worst team in British football”, and we were very nearly taken over by Clyde - “Strathclyde Academicals” - before Jan Stepek stepped in and saved us.

Some absolute stinking players I had forgotten about in this thread and players I don't even remember too.

"CM. Efrain Juarez, looked a serious player his first few games for Celtic, then went away with the Mexico national side and came back a bit fucked up after an alleged night out involving cocaine and transvestite hookers, barely looked interested after that and was gone by February, £3million down the stank. Those tranny Mexican hookers must leave a lasting effect on people..."

Some absolute stinking players I had forgotten about in this thread and players I don't even remember too.

"CM. Efrain Juarez, looked a serious player his first few games for Celtic, then went away with the Mexico national side and came back a bit fucked up after an alleged night out involving cocaine and transvestite hookers, barely looked interested after that and was gone by February, £3million down the stank. Those tranny Mexican hookers must leave a lasting effect on people..."
Side point but what is it with the rodents remembering defeats with rose tinted specs? El Khadouri on the list yet the point is praising him for making McGregor look daft, on a day where we won 4-2. He certainly didn't look daft celebrating on the park after yet another scudding of the scum.

You could easily fill a ten team league of first 11s and subs with the absolute duds who’ve played in the Scottish top flight.

A couple from Aberdeen who spring to mind;
Nigel Pepper
Jerrell Ifil

Motherwell;
Derek Townsley
Harry Kampman (I’m claiming him for worst manager)

You could be here all day if you had the time

You could easily fill a ten team league of first 11s and subs with the absolute duds who’ve played in the Scottish top flight.

A couple from Aberdeen who spring to mind;
Nigel Pepper
Jerrell Ifil
Nigel played for York City - my English team - and it's fair to say there were a few raised eyebrows when he signed for Aberdeen from Bradford City. Didn't help the perception in England that Scottish Football was a bit Mickey Mouse.

He was a decent enough player at lower league level, if a bit reckless at times. When he got sent off after 6 minutes on his Aberdeen debut it didn't really come as a shock.

Pains me to say it as he’s one of our own but I’ve honestly never seen a top flight player in a competitive match in worse physical condition than Charle today. It was like watching one of those legend games with a player from the 80s. WTF does he do at training every day ?
Maybe doesn't work against teams like us, but put a couple of younger players to do his running and he can dictate play from middle of the park.

The fact someone has put him down as worst player ever to play in the league says more about their knowledge on the game imo.

Back