Worst top level Scottish team/player ever?

Maybe doesn't work against teams like us, but put a couple of younger players to do his running and he can dictate play from middle of the park.

The fact someone has put him down as worst player ever to play in the league says more about their knowledge on the game imo.
Where did I say that ?

Karl Svensson was up there , how that guy went to a World Cup I’ll never know. Ended up retiring at the age of 30 after a few seasons in Swedens tier 3. A centre half who was scared to head the ball.

Darren Dods of Dundee United.

Wiped a few of our players off the park with his brutality.

He used to half a player in two, and then indicate to the referee that he got the ball. Meanwhile the oppostion meical staff worked on the injured opponent.

An animal.

Last edited:
I recall back in the 90s Dundee Utd had an awful striker with a very apt name called Jean Mark Misse misse (not sure of the spelling).

At least we were in the “top flight” that season! Things actually got worse after that. We were bottom of the “bottom flight”, I seem to recall a newspaper article on “the worst team in British football”, and we were very nearly taken over by Clyde - “Strathclyde Academicals” - before Jan Stepek stepped in and saved us.
I did not know that, about a possible merger with Clyde.
The following season (66-67) after your relegation, Clyde finished 3rd in the League, just behind Rangers and Celtic, who both went to European Finals that season.
You could have become a super power! :D

Killie in the early 80s. They got relegated. Rangers took 8 off them. St Mirren 6 and someone put 9 past them, united I think.

They were rotten as were their players.

I did not know that, about a possible merger with Clyde.
The following season (66-67) after your relegation, Clyde finished 3rd in the League, just behind Rangers and Celtic, who both went to European Finals that season.
You could have become a super power! :D
Start of season 1970/71.

Accies out of funds. Resigned from the league, merger with Clyde was announced on 28 August 1970. It was a done deal. But Jan Stepek put up the money that allowed Accies to continue, 19th and bottom of the old second division.

Front page of the Evening Times, 28 August 1970.

Christian Nadè the Hearts striker was abysmal, hilariously bad. I think he's still "playing" in the juniors somewhere.

On the other side of Edinburgh, Yves Ma-Kalambay who played in goal for Hibs was always good for a laugh.
Ma - kalambay had the game of his life against the papes on at Easter road May 2009 to hold them at 0-0 the Sunday after we neatly blew the title again at Easter road with a midweek 1-1 draw against hibs with only 2 games remaining

Mervan is one of the worst I've ever seen. He looked as though he had never kicked a football before in his life let alone play the game professionally.

Amadou Konté of Hibs in the mid-2000s was notoriously bad.

He ended his career in the lower leagues of Indonesia.

Ally Brazil…..Hibs player from the 70’s and early 80’s

Remember him when I was a youngster and always thought he was useless
He was first pick at training games and also played under something like 6 managers two being Eddie Turnbull and Bertie Auld so he must have had something to be part of an Eddie Turnbull team especially

Davie Robb of Aberdeen ‘fame’. Would run through a brick wall and that’s about it.
Was absolutely shocked when he got a couple of international caps but mind you there’s been a few dogs getting a run out at Hampden over the years.

Ma - kalambay had the game of his life against the papes on at Easter road May 2009 to hold them at 0-0 the Sunday after we neatly blew the title again at Easter road with a midweek 1-1 draw against hibs with only 2 games remaining
I also remember big Rob Jones and Sol Bamba putting in one of the finest performances I've ever seen from a pair of central defenders that day.

Barry Lavety.

Fall from grace after a nearly 1 in 3 scoring ratio start (48 in 149 games), having been found to be full of eccies by a drugs test.

Martin Hayes must be the worst by far. Signed by Timothy from Arsenal in the early 90s but hardly played a game even in a red rotten side.

Apparently he was accidentally locked in a mini bus for an entire training session at Barrowfield or wherever and not one single person noticed he was missing.

He was that bad I bet most folk haven't heard of him let alone remember him.

article-0-0528C707000005DC-711_468x576.jpg
Got to be a photoshop

Duffy and Barkas - even their names together sound like a comedy duo!

Comedy gold - I'm missing them this season!

Ross Tokeley (sp) ex ICT
I was always miffed how he played at the level he did.
I once slaughtered him on a phone call to my dad on my way back to Elgin on the train after a game at Inverness. Some old man opposite me took exception to this and started getting irate. I came off the phone to ask him what his problem was, turned out it was Tokleys dad. To say I was mortified was an understatement! The rest of the journey was a tad uncomfortable

The fact that the likes of Ross Tokley, Ryan Porteous and Lee Wilkie are able to carve out a decent career in professional football in Scotland through thuggish tactics is just a small indicator into why Scotland is so far behind the rest of Europe.

We still have coaches who think we are still in the 80s. The SFA and thier shite referees who refuse to punish such pathetic behaviour can carry much of the blame here along with the MSM who refuse to call it out.

There was a right winger for Ross County a couple seasons ago that was a complete joke, Craig Curran I think it was

Latest posts

Back