Worst top level Scottish team/player ever?

This thread is wild. Folk picking players that have played in World Cups and European Championships, like Eamon Bannon, Dave McPherson and Tosh McKinley.
Charlie Adam? The guy is 36, but I think he's proven by now he has ability.
Jason Holt? You should probably chuck the football if he's the worst player you've ever seen.

Hamilton Accies played a guy they signed from Harestanes Amateurs at left back, against player of the year Steven Davis at right midfield. Fast forward 45 minutes in his career and he was back playing with Harestanes.

Wee Welshy was a good player, just not cut out for the SPL. Felt sorry for him that day as I was speaking to him before the game.

Worst team in the Top Flight has to be Hamilton Accies 1965-66.

Sorry to the poster Academical:oops:

Having failed to win any of their 6 League Cup fixtures at the beginning of the season
(4 of which were against lower League opposition)
They then went on to win only 1 of their first 27 League Games.
That solitary victory came in October in a 3-1 win v Stirling Albion.
It was preceded by a 0-7 v Dundee Utd, and a 0-4 v Aberdeen.
They followed up that sole victory by losing 1-7 at home to Rangers
(Jim Forrest scored 5, taking his tally to 118 Goals in 107 Games in two and a bit seasons).
Their next game was an 1-11 defeat at Easter Rd, then a 1-6 loss at home to Dunfermline, before tightening up their defence in a 0-5 loss at the Piggary.
41 Goals conceded in that 6 week period!
They ended the season conceding 117 Goals in 34 League games.
I'm not sure, but I don't think any team has conceded that many in the League since then.
To be fair they've been a wee bit better this season so far

This thread is wild. Folk picking players that have played in World Cups and European Championships, like Eamon Bannon, Dave McPherson and Tosh McKinley.
Charlie Adam? The guy is 36, but I think he's proven by now he has ability.
Jason Holt? You should probably chuck the football if he's the worst player you've ever seen.
You say that but international caps are not a guarantee of ability. Ladies and Gentlemen I give you......

Lee Hodson

Zander Diamond wouldn't have got a game for any other club in Britain apart from the sheep.

Absolutely useless and seemed to get picked because he was tall, dirty and despised us.

Hibs had a keeper in mid 90s who was Icelandic and had name about 25 letters who was hopeless.

Christian Nade at Hearts was a disgrace as well.

Not the worst but Dave McPherson and Ally Maxwell were dog shit as well.
Ally Maxwell was decent keeper but folded like a bad suit when he played for the Rangers

Barkas - genuinely plays like that guy at 5s who wants out of goals so let's the ball go by him.

Makalambay - never saved a shot with his hands. Tried to save every shot with his feet.

Umar Sadiq - came on at Rugby Park with 25 minutes to go and genuinely looked like he never understood the offside rule. Caught offside at least 6 times. Then there's that dive v Sheep. Mental the amount of money getting branded about for him especially when he's still only in the 2nd tier of Spain.

article-0-0528C707000005DC-711_468x576.jpg
Thought that was Alan Brazil at first !! B-D

Hamilton Accies played a guy they signed from Harestanes Amateurs at left back, against player of the year Steven Davis at right midfield. Fast forward 45 minutes in his career and he was back playing with Harestanes.

Harestanes produced some players over the years. Were a great team in the early 2000's

Ross Tokely and Will Haining.

Those two were nothing more than Hammer throwers , they were absolutely talentless thugs and they had no place on a football pitch.

Obviously these are all pretty hard to justify, but I went to watch St Mirren a fair bit between 2014-2017 when they were getting relegated/in the championship.

There were some absolute belters there.

A chap named Yoann Arquin was hilariously bad, once got compared to Nicolas Anelka at Notts County.

Anyone mind the Hearts guy, Misrad Belsiji or something? Cost nearly £1m and was utterly hopeless.

Gretna, the worst team for sure.

Worst player, too many I've probably forgotten but for high profile I'd say Yves Ma-Kalambay the Hibs goalie. Hibs actually went through a great spell of honking keepers.

Obviously these are all pretty hard to justify, but I went to watch St Mirren a fair bit between 2014-2017 when they were getting relegated/in the championship.

There were some absolute belters there.

A chap named Yoann Arquin was hilariously bad, once got compared to Nicolas Anelka at Notts County.

Anyone mind the Hearts guy, Misrad Belsiji or something? Cost nearly £1m and was utterly hopeless.
Still their record buy to this day I believe. One of the hundreds that went through the door under Romanov.

Gretna, the worst team for sure.

Worst player, too many I've probably forgotten but for high profile I'd say Yves Ma-Kalambay the Hibs goalie. Hibs actually went through a great spell of honking keepers.
He was some laugh man, I’m fairly certain he conceded a goal by punting the ball off Darren Mackie’s back :))

He was some laugh man, I’m fairly certain he conceded a goal by punting the ball off Darren Mackie’s back :))
Was one of many hoovered up by Chelsea, but instead of being sent in on the obligatory 10 loans then punted, he just got released. They must have realised he wasn't too clever. Guy is fucking huge as well, a 6'7 keeper and doesn't use his hands to make saves.

Back