Worst weather you have attended a game in?

Bluenose_bear

was thinking about heading down to warrenpoint tonight to take in a local game here in the Irish league, but weather came in total shit this afternoon I decided against it. So what’s the worst weather you remember at a game?

Few weeks ago against Aberdeen was shocking, got absolutley drenched. I’d near say that’s the biggest soaking I had going to a game!

The coldest I remember was a midweek semi final against hearts in the league cup at hampden, think possibly the 2003 season where we beat them 1-0. Shite game and fucking baltic

Game up at Tannaduce think it was 1-1 with MoJo scoring then game was abandoned at half time. Also when we played at Love Street in the early 90’s it was so bad we left at half time.

Livorno away water pouring down the crack of my arse
Hibs 7-1 absolutely Baltic
For the coldest I've been at a game, Rangers St Johnstone in the League Cup, Novemet 2006. Chilled to th bone that night, and not just by the score!

Walter Smith’s final home game v Dundee United in 2011.

It was absolutely chucking it down in the 2nd half and when he did his lap of honour.

And I was in the very front row of the broomloan, waiting for him to work his way round

Dundee utd 2009 the game that got abandoned was row A behind the goals

Alloa away when it was snowing was fucking freezing

Thats off the top of my head

My memory is shocking but I do remember being the coldest I've ever been at a semi-final at Hampden, chilled to the bone.

I was also at Walter's first game back Vs Dundee Utd. Torrential rain, the pitch was completely sodden. Sitting in the club deck I was alright but the poor bastard's in the adjacent stand where getting drenched.

Away to Kilmarnock, 90’s torrential rain. Think their CEO apologised saying next season there would be a stand
Yeah,their chairman Mr Fleeting took the time to come and speak to us standing absolutely drenched at The Rugby Road,unreal the rain that day.
Livorno away another where it poured all game and the stadium was a total dump with no cover.
Hibs at Ibrox when we put 7 past them was utterly baltic.
Artmedia Bratislava was freezing and Unirea Urziceni was utterly miserable.
Fraserburgh and Cowdenbeath away games in the Scottish Cup both absolutely freezing.

Last edited:
Away to Hearts in 92, not long after the Leeds games, 2nd half turned into a blizzard and I don't think I've properly dried yet B-)

Another one popped into my head, Czech Republic vs NI away. Went to Prague with only a rain coat and it was about -10 snowing. Left the ground early and went back to a city centre bar to wait on rest of my mates that night as I couldn’t take it any more, was freezing

was thinking about heading down to warrenpoint tonight to take in a local game here in the Irish league, but weather came in total shit this afternoon I decided against it. So what’s the worst weather you remember at a game?

Few weeks ago against Aberdeen was shocking, got absolutley drenched. I’d near say that’s the biggest soaking I had going to a game!

The coldest I remember was a midweek semi final against hearts in the league cup at hampden, think possibly the 2003 season where we beat them 1-0. Shite game and fucking baltic
Spoon Burners two seasons ago when we pumped them on the Sunday!

Old Tannadice. Me and my brother went on Clarkston bus. Steamed up windows the whole road back, The cold and rain would probably kill me now. :eek:
Reported in press next day Stuart Munro actually got hypothermia playing in it.
Fans were made of hardy stuff back then: or we were just stupid.:))

Just how that game at Ibrox against Osasuna was allowed to continue was just insane.

PSG at Ibrox was another. The coldest I've ever been at a football match.
I think it was the logistics of postponing the game and when it would have been played that was the issue.

It was Osasuna's first ever game in Europe feom memory.

Celtc at Ibrox May 2009. Got soaked walking from the car to the ground in the torrential rain, got in right on kick off but missed the first 5 minutes in a (vain) attempt to dry off in the Club Deck toilets.

Steven Davis winner at the Broomloan in front of them soon made up for that B-D

I was at a cup tie in Dens Park where we played Forfar?, I think, and it was blowing a freezing hoolie right into my face under a wee shitey covered bit of terracing. Didn’t stop a single bit of the freezing rain blowing straight into my face.

We were losing right up to the death and got a late equaliser. Then extra time in the freezing pishing down gale and finally had to save a penalty to stay in the competition which we did, eventually winning on penalties.

I wish I could remember the exact details. Would be late 70’s / early 80’s but I’ve honestly never been so cold at a game in my life due to not enough alcohol as I was the driver that night. :))

Morton in the Scottish cup, finished 3 all

Was freezing and terraces were all iced up

Seem to remember a half time snowball fight that day as well

But Osasuna at Ibrox and Leipzig away run them close

How could I also forget ayr away in a Scottish cup tie few seasons back. Snowing and freezing like mad before the game.

Some guy actually stood beside me whole game with his top off. Seemingly he had some medical condition that he can’t feel the cold :oops:o_O

Hearts game at Ibrox in 2015 was bad and the only game at Ibrox I recall being abandoned!
Aberdeen at Ibrox when Souness was boss. 1 hour before kick off.
If i recall Souness insisted on training on pitch couple of days before game and groundsman said no as pitch would get cut up and with weather would not be ready in time.
Souness one the battle but groundsman was right.

Tynecastle castle early 90’s, Super got the winner and I remember puddles all over the terracing, torrential that day
Was just about to mention this one, couldn't mind if it was late 80's or early 90's. Soaked to the skin, everyone sitting in their jockeys on the bus home with all our trousers hanging from the parcel shelves.

Remember that he scored at the end i was standing
last kick of ball

I have fond memories of that game at Firhill. Me and my mate were playing pool and listening to the game on the radio. I was convinced that we were never going to score. My mate, between shots,and as calm as you like, stated that Ally would nick a winner, and within a minute the ball was in the Thistle net. Ha-ha-ha !

My mate, sadly, isn't with us anymore, but that late McCoist goal always reminds me of that night.

Coldest - St Johnstone away when we got beat 4-1, Papac scored for us. Was frozen that night. Went back to the bus with 10 mins to go just to get a heat.

Wettest - Went to watch my brother play for Alloa u-21 vs. East Stirling in Falkirk in the late 90’s. Sideways rain. To this day never seen anything like it. Think the game finished 5-3 but it was a monsoon.

Hearts game at Ibrox in 2015 was bad and the only game at Ibrox I recall being abandoned!
I was stuck on the m8 for over 2 hours..got 10 mins from Ibrox and they announced the game was off. Raging all the way back to livi!

Back