Worst weather you have attended a game in?

Osasuna was another downpour if it wasn't a European tie it would have been postponed.
Auxerre was another horrible day just got off the bus and French lorry driver went straight in to a massive puddle and soaked us to the skin. It didn't stop raining all day and to cap the day off the bus had fucked off back to Paris till the British consulate got involved we Waited outside the ground till the bus came back for us for at least at hour in pissing rain at least we never lost 2-2.

Coldest I’ve been at a Rangers game was probably Fraserburgh or Cowdenbeath away in the Scottish Cup. Both midweek in either January or February due to the first game being postponed.

I’ve been to and played in quite a few games in torrential rain condition.

Aye Carrick is a cold wee hole of a ground too right enough. Likewise ballyskeagh and of course our good friends in ballymena!
well we would expect a sheep pen to be cold :)) happy hunting ground for us lately though so can put up with the chill .
league cup final v them would be good and boxing day on the horizon too

Wettest Anglo Scottish Cup 1980 at Chesterfield. Coldest Ibrox v Dundee Utd when Boyd broke the Martian’s record

It was utterly Baltic v Dundee Utd that night.

I discovered I’d left the tickets in my car as I joined the queue for the Broomie that night. Had to run all the way back across the M8 to get the tickets and went skyting on my arse on the wee bridge across the motorway on the way back with the tickets. Finally got in around 20 minutes late and we’d missed 2 goals I think.

I remember saying to my mate how sorry I was that I probably made him miss both goals in the game. Luckily completely wrong :)).

The thing about that night, however, was it wasn’t wet.

I’ve always found that the special Scottish combination of freezing cold, pishing freezing rain and gale force winds are what makes for the perfect blue skin tone by the time you get back to the bus or car. :))

Been to a few wet games over the years but I'll never forget trying to walk to Ibrox from the exhibition train station when we pumped Dundee unt 7-1
The ice that night was so bad was sure I'd break something on the way, didn't help I was pished too

Just going to Ibrox for a bleak January fixture is a struggle in itself tbh. Either that or I generally need treated for my S.A.D. disorder :)).

One of the Alloa away games in the championship won 1-0 think Law scored that was a blizzard that day think it’s the earliest I’ve ever left a game n it was due to the weather

One of the trips to Spain was quite torrential as well.
Can’t remember which one although Villarreal rings a bell.
Wasn’t just the weather that was the problem though, it was that nobody had prepared for it and we’re all walking around, then standing in the downpour in our Rangers tops!

Kilmarnock, boxing day 1995. It was -10c for 3pm kick off. We played Hibs a few days later (7-0), it wasn't much warmer. Least it was dry!

Don't remember anything too bad, but the journey up to St Johnstone (where we got pumped 4-1 I think - Papac goal for us) - was hellish. Bus skidding over the snow/ice on the roads up

4 each game against that other mob. Absolutely drenched, sitting on bus and boat home soaked through.
St. Mirren in 92, snow everywhere bar the pitch. Left the Stadium bar to go to game in a blizzard. Memory is right John Spencer scored the winner in a 1_0 win.

Dortmund was fkn baltic. Game at Rugby Pk old terracing absolutely soaked, remember a few soakings at Tynecastle aswell back in the day.

I was at the Motherwell game last night, in the away end. My mate had a ticket and I’ve taken him to Ibrox before. The rain was horrific. When the wind picked up, in the second half, everybody moved as far back as possible, to the extent we actually stood watching from the corridor behind the stand, where you would enter from.

Home to Motherwell on Boxing Day be 2006/7 I think. Was still drunk from the night before and didn’t take a jacket. Was a horrible experience

Away to Motherwell midweek game 1987 I think
Robert’s scored in the first minute we win 0-1 missed the KO and goal

Was absolutely freezing that night

The Leipzig friendly a few years ago now was freezing, it snowed the full 3 days we were there and the back of the stand in the stadium was open and the snow was blowing in right on the back of us for the full game.

Ayr United away in the Scottish Cup a couple years back is the coldest I’ve ever been at a game however, again it snowed all day and our tickets were for the uncovered terrace so was covered by the end of the game. Didn’t warm up in the car till we hit Cumbernauld.

Dundee utd away in the 80s. I’m sure David Mitchell scored. I could be wrong. White out conditions right into your face. Behind goals and no roof.

Hibs 7-1. Was so cold I left early and missed 3 of the goals. (One of them might have been when I went for a pie before half time).

Hearts at Tynecastle, late 80's or 1990 I think. Rain turned to sleet and we were doing the bouncy at half time just to keep warm. Some bloke handed out about 20 poly bags that became hats.
B-D

A game against Aberdeen, probably early 90's . Absolutely soaked going into Ibrox, standing under the cover of the main stand down in the East Enclosure. Game called off 10 minutes or so before kick off as it was torrential. Then soaked going back to the car.

Coldest 7-0 Hibs game. My car locks froze and ihad to stand in the freezing cold and press my hand against the lock, hoping I wouldn't stick to the door.
Wettest, Osasuna 85, should never have been played. I was in the Copland rear so wasn't too bad.
Generally miserable, 2 games. The one some have mentioned at Tannadice about 1990. Snowed all the way up to Peth then sleet. I was in the uncovered end and had a waterproof jacket on, so all the water ran off it and was soaked below the waist. They announced near the end the A9 was closed so had to crawl home through Fife and the Forth bridge. Still damp when we got home.
Berwick 1978. The rain was that smir that soaks you. The terracing was a grass slope and was quite evenly spaced. By the end of the game everyone had slowly slid down the slope and was crammed at the front. Saved by finding a pub in Dunbar with a roaring fire on the way back.

well we would expect a sheep pen to be cold :)) happy hunting ground for us lately though so can put up with the chill .
league cup final v them would be good and boxing day on the horizon too
Looking forward to Boxing Day game (27th Dec this year). Just hope Swann doesn’t ruin Xmas again this year by putting restrictions in place for the sports and wet pubs

The cup game at rugby park when Nicky Clark scored the winner in added time. I was absolutely soaked to the bone. Unbelievable weather.

Game up at Tannaduce think it was 1-1 with MoJo scoring then game was abandoned at half time. Also when we played at Love Street in the early 90’s it was so bad we left at half time.
Is this the one where we had horizontal slow blowing into our end. I remember a game at Tannadice where it was so bad, we had to turn our backs to the pitch

Wettest - Sitting on a school bench in the open , with a complimentary binbag in front of Tynecastle main stand when they were doing the school end up. Late 90s.

Coldest - Moldova vs Scotland U21s. We were buying cups of tea from a Samovar just to hold them.

I remember a hibs game as a youth we scored 7 and the hot water pipes were off on the stadium.

I had a Welsh family next to me at the match and I can still hear the old yins hilarious accent saying "oh this is the coldest place ive ever beeeeen isnt it cold" :D

Never been in there. They don't allow us Coleraine boys over that side of the ground in case there might be any 'unpleasantness' lol
I was at the first ballymena coleraine game there earlier in the season. We were pish so went down to patsys at half time and sat there rest of the day lol.

Don't remember anything too bad, but the journey up to St Johnstone (where we got pumped 4-1 I think - Papac goal for us) - was hellish. Bus skidding over the snow/ice on the roads up
Actually it freezing a couple of years back up there too. We won 4-0 or 4-1, Sean Goss scored a free kick. Pretty sure it was the night before the ‘beast from the east’. It was snowing really badly all the way up.

Dundee utd 2009 the game that got abandoned was row A behind the goals

Alloa away when it was snowing was fucking freezing

Thats off the top of my head
I was going to say the Dundee United game. Me and my mate were in the pub near the ground and watched the game kick off then thought we better get into the ground. Was absolutely bouncing. Got to our seats eventually and the game didn’t last much longer.

Coldest for me has to be the St Johnstone cup semi at Hampden 2010, we wore white and they wore maroon no idea why both changed. Wettest got to be Davis goal 2009 against the wee team from the east end of Glasgow never heard of them, Christ my programme was wet.

Dundee away - maybe 1973 or 4 ? Midweek night game
Torrential icy rain non-stop for 90+ minutes
The puddles on the pitch at the end of the match seemed to link up & the whole ground looked like it was under water

I stayed with relations in Perth that night & got hammered - the following morning my jacket was still soaking

Shivered the entire journey on a train & arrived at Queen street to bright sunshine
Then spent a week in bed with the worst cold I've ever had

Back