Worst XI of the group stage

Lukaku was worse than Ronaldo, should be in there

Ronaldo was literally an inch away from having 2 goals, he wasn't that bad.

Bale was completely anonymous
Lukaku was an inch away from putting Belgium through. He only had a limited number of minutes off the bench n’all.

De Bruyne has been my biggest disappointment.

Read his long read in The Guardian before the tournament started and you got the impression he had zero interest in being involved.

Wind-up aside, Ronaldo's inclusion in that is a joke. For his age you'd argue he's having a pretty damned good tournament. Even NOT considering his age he's having a good tournament and he's not even been knocked out yet!

Batshuayi and Eden Hazard were awful. In Belgium’s final game, in need of goals, Batshuayi kept on the bench says it all.

Usual - stats being used to tell you something that the eyes don’t. Load of pish.

That Qatari keeper was hilariously bad though.

Bollocks including the Canadians, and total trolling behaviour having Ronaldo there. Room for a Belgian or Welsh player surely.

Bollocks including the Canadians, and total trolling behaviour having Ronaldo there. Room for a Belgian or Welsh player surely.
He’s one of the worst rated players though, it’s not like it’s one person’s personal opinion, so hardly trolling. Stuck away a penalty, stood around a lot, pretended to score against Uruguay and helped Korea to a goal.

Sure he’ll fair better against the Swiss though.

There's been some poor players and some poor teams, but I do wonder how many of them Scotland would beat just now - not many I would imagine.

Are we getting the wrong end of the stick here, or maybe I have? But it looks to me that this is meant to be the best 11 out of some of the worse teams at the WC

Last edited:
I'd argue their current right back has been worse than their new one.

Juranovic was ripped to bits last week by Canada.
Certainly for at least the first 15/20 minutes. Then Canada, for some reason, inexplicably went away from having Davies attacking him. Stupid, stupid decision to move away from that.

Borjan, Hutchinson, Baba, Witsel, Batshuayi, Oviedo, Mæhle, Lozano, Bale, Ramsey, Moore, Estupinán off the top of my head have been dreadful.

I can think of a number of worse strikers than Ronaldo at this World Cup.

Buchanan was very good I thought. Although I'm fully behind their new super duper world class right back being labeled "Diddy of the tournament".

Borjan, Hutchinson, Baba, Witsel, Batshuayi, Oviedo, Mæhle, Lozano, Bale, Ramsey, Moore, Estupinán off the top of my head have been dreadful.

I can think of a number of worse strikers than Ronaldo at this World Cup.
I like Maehle, thought hedone alright. Same with Lozano.

Lukaku was an inch away from putting Belgium through. He only had a limited number of minutes off the bench n’all.
Despite his misses Lukaku really affected the game when he came on. Belgium only looked threatening when he came on.

Scums new superstar signing in worst XI
Hilarious
Give it a few months and he will be worth mega millions like the rest of them despite not having won a European football match in over a year

So far this year we have Matt o’Reilly bought for £1 million but I quote Michael Ganning from the Record who said if Sellik manage to hold on to him this window then they could be looking at Tierney style money for him at the end of the season

Yes he really did say that ….

Then we have Tony Ralston’s understudy Juranavic been wanted by Chelsea and Man United and again worth millions despite being badly shown up in the European games he got in front of yip that superstar Tony Ralston

Next up we have the Greek hot head who has claimed he was promised better money when he came in but it’s not forthcoming ( surprise surprise) he’s been touted for a move also for ( yip you’ve guessed it ) big money

God forbid if this Celtic team ever had a good result in Europe or went all the way to a European final as I think we could be looking at a team with a valuation more than a Man City’s + PSG combined

Just imagine their Right Back ended up the top scorer in that competition, Barcelona would be building a team around him

Who’d have thought performances in Scottish football against the likes of Motherwell and Hibs would make a player worth Mega Millions as it’s sure as hell not in Europe that these Celtic players are been judged on or rated

A Club like no other ….

Lukaku was worse than Ronaldo, should be in there

Ronaldo was literally an inch away from having 2 goals, he wasn't that bad.

Bale was completely anonymous
Bale won and scored a penalty

Ronaldo in there because it will get people to pay attention, he's not been his usual self but he's nowhere near the two worst strikers at the tournament

one I'd throw up for a candidate is Lautaro Martinez from Argentina who was high on top goalscorer lists at the start and has been very bad throughout

Stick the whole Denmark team in there. Those arseholes cost me a few quid during the week there as my so called "banker".

I'm not sure Ronaldo deserves to be in that team but he has been absolutely shite and I think Portugal would be better without him.

Ronaldo in there because it will get people to pay attention, he's not been his usual self but he's nowhere near the two worst strikers at the tournament

one I'd throw up for a candidate is Lautaro Martinez from Argentina who was high on top goalscorer lists at the start and has been very bad throughout

Must be the weight of the jersey when it comes to Argentina because Lautaro Martinez & Higuain both turned into absolute diddies when it's crunch time for their country,

Ramsey, Bale and Allen should all be in there.

Allen especially. As shite as Wales were against Iran still in course to grind out a 0-0 before he came on and was involved in conceding two goals

Gareth Bale surely. Barely touched the ball over 3 games.
The guy is what is wrong with the modern day footballer, could have left Real Madrid 2/3 years before he did and start regularly with a new club but was happy to sit on his arse and collect £200K a week for doing %^*& all.

Tough call between the Qatar and Canada keeper for me. Both were howling. With a better keeper Canada might have done something.

Back